Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
I'll stick with the bitter thanks, I'm sleepy enough. *to L_S while sipping the beer* I choose my own friends and kind words butter no parsnips. Why have you taken such a sudden interest in the contents of this chest? A fox might rue the day it got too close to the badger sett. *glances at L_S* I know you from somewhere don't I?
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
"I don't think we have ever met, perhaps you saw me once or twice in the Green Dragon Inn. Firstly I have no interest in gold and gems like the Dwarves do, but am more interested in old books and scrolls that were written in the Elder years. I once heard a rumour that Morgoth himself wrote two books one before the Fall of Utumno and the other just before the Fall of Angband. What he wrote in them no one really knows but according to the rumour he placed them into two separate chests and hid them from the Valar. It is only a rumour of course which I only just remembered when I saw you bring that chest in
to the Prancing Pony. I am only curious to know what was inside your chest that's all. I seemed to have taken up a lot of your time. The food is nice here, speaking of which here comes Mr Butterbur with yours". *Mr Butterbur places the food in front of tarcolan* "There you go young Master I hope that you enjoy it". *Mr Butterbur gives me a stern look and walks off towards Maxie. I leave tarcolan to eat his food*

[Edited on 02/07/2014 by Evil~Shieldmaiden]

[Edited on 02/07/2014 by Lord_Sauron]
Bubbledragon
Council Member
Send Message
*blinks confusedly out the window* Now that's weird...Close my eyes for a second and the entire scenery changes...
*Suddenly jumps, when she feels something bump into her. Looks down under her cape. The dragon egg is getting a little agitated.*
Oh?! Would someone like to come out and see the world?
*Puts down the hot chocolate mug, and goes to sit in front of the fire. She takes out the egg from its pouch and rests it on her lap, staring at it with amazement.*
Perhaps, perhaps, today shall be the day of your birth little one?
*Looks behind at the commotion.*
Dear goodness!! Is that Tarcolan? Haven't seen him in ages!
tarcolan
Send Message
*gazing at large plate with tiny mound of food and an artistically splashed sauce on it, and five thin potato sticks arranged tastefully in a separate dish* I wish I'd ordered the ploughman's lunch now. *scoffs the lot in two mouthfuls* I have no books or scrolls to interest you sir, now may a poor weary traveller be allowed to enjoy a drink in peace? *waves to M and BD*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Waves back to Tarc* Hello there! I trust you had safe travels? *glances at Bubble* Ah, I was wondering when you would make an appearance. How's the egg? *as though my dragon egg heard the word "egg" it jiggles* Hm, my little dragon seems impatient to hatch as well. *strokes it*
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
@ L_S ... I edited your above post to close up the huge gap between your last sentence and your siggy.

*watches as L_S returns to table with scowl on his face* "Well that didn't go so well did it? If he has anything precious in that chest there, he won't be telling you about it. Maybe we should try and steal it?" *sighs as his scowl deepens* "What now? I know you're getting fidgety having to sit around waiting for things to happen. Why don't we go check on the missing pair with the dragonlet? *finishes off pint and stands up*
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
[No worries ES I had to edit my post because I said that I left the Prancing Pony]

*I think for a minute, look around the Prancing Pony and spot a man that I don't like*
"Ok ES lets forget about that chest for the moment and go and look for those other two. Which we were about to do before that Wizard transported everyone from the GDI to here. Make sure that man doesn't follow us"
*I point to the man sulking in the corner* "That man is Bill Ferny and he can not be trusted as he works for that other Wizard, Saruman"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, once again, felt the chill wind in the air and knew she must get back to Erwedraith and Amethysia quickly. She was greatful to the farmer for selling her the horses, both of which were strong and fast but she chose the larger of the two for Erwedraith. Since her flying skills were not fully developed, Amethysia will ride with her Dragondaddy.

Lindarielwen neared the camp and she slowed the horses. Her Elf ears picked up a low sound and she slid from the horse and made her way through the trees. There she saw Erwedraith with his arm over Amethysia and she could not help but smile. He is a wonderful Dragondaddy! Lucky was the day when they decided to raise the little dragon together.

She drew closer to them and finally realized what the two were doing. Lindarielwen looked to the sky and was very surprised at what she saw and heard.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*two black shapes circle overhead*

"What do you see?" asks the impatient Queen. "I don't see her and her scent is faint, but she's below us." Guruthos replies. "It matters not." she snaps. "We can't get to her; the forest is to thick." "We could burn it," he says with some relish, and earns a glare from his mate. "We would destroy the hatchling, you fool! Her scales have yet to harden sufficiently to protect her from dragonfire." "Then we must wait for our companions."

*they continue to circle*
Erwedraith
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen’s sudden departure alarmed Erwedraith. Something was not right. The air seemed tense. He had let his guard down but that couldn’t happen twice. Erwedraith trusted Lindarielwen so he heeded her advice and packed everything they had, as he kept on eye on Amethysia. He wondered what they would do with the barrel of the Bywater Blond for he had a feeling that the lighter they went the better it would go.

Amethysia jumped from one spot to another. Something definitely had her attention but Erwedraith couldn’t see anything before them except the green grass, many colored flowers and tall and strong trees that were all around them. In a moment’s notice she stopped and seem very concentrated as if she were listening to someone. Erwedraith approached her, leaving their packs next a tree a few steps away. He knelt next to her and put his hand on her back. He couldn’t believe what he saw and heard! He had seen these little fellows before he arrived at the Green Dragon. Oh what a headache they had given him…actually more than a headache. They had driven him mad. They completely disoriented him making his journey three times longer that it should have taken. Their net had been well laid. His sanity was almost lost but they perceived that his intentions were true and that no harm was meant and he was released from their spell. Thankful he was that life was granted to him. How strange this event seemed to him. Fear crept up Erwedraith’s spine and everything told him to get out of there but Amethysia conveyed security to him. She understood these creatures and they understood her. They approached him but Erwedraith didn’t feel any of the symptoms he had felt those days on that long journey some time ago. The friendship Amethysia had created with these creatures caused no harm to him and wonder filled his heart. These were the Noobs; small they seemed yet none could resist their power or bend their will. A great friendship was created between Amethysia and the Noobs. They held a mutual respect for one another and playfulness that only came natural to them.

At that moment Erwedraith turned his head back and saw Lindarielwen smiling with two swift horses.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I've found. I found it is the small things. Every day deeds by ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay." - Gandalf
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
*I walk over to the door open it and leave the Prancing Pony. After a few minutes ES joins me* "Don't worry no one saw us leave, we need to get a move on if we are going to find those two with the Dragonlet. Hey LS I wonder if we might be able to commandeer a couple of horses since you left your one near the Shire" "I didn't leave it there on purpose, How was I supposed to know that we were going to be transported to this place. I think Butterbur has horses lets go and have a look shall we." *ES and LS walk around to the back of the Inn where the stable was located, they entered the stable to find only two horses, one was a brown horse the other a white one* "There is no black one so I will ride the brown one" *ES proclaimed, they saddled the horses and road out towards the West gate. they were about to leave Bree when they were approached by a Dwarf LS whispers to ES* "that's the Dwarf that wanted to speak to Gandolorin. you know the one who told me to give the Wizard that message of meeting him here." *LS turns and greets the Dwarf* "Hello Mr Dwarf I have some good news and some bad news, the good news is that I saw Gandolorin and gave him your message to meet you in the Prancing Pony. The bad news is that Gandolorin just left for Hobbiton a few days ago" *The Dwarf thinks for a while* "Thank you for your honesty Mr, seeing that I am here already I might stay for the night and head back for the Green Dragon Inn at first light" *the Dwarf leaves LS and ES and makes his way to the Prancing Pony.* "Lets go before we draw to much attention, I will lead" *ES said as she and LS rode out of Bree*

[Edited on 02/08/2014 by Lord_Sauron]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen hurried to Erwedraith and whispered, "What is going on? I hear buzzing." She looked about and suddenly saw what was making the noise. Noobs! Hundreds, nay, thousands! Hundreds of thousands! Buzzing all around them! She became afraid for she knew what the Noobs can do. She reached for her dagger although she knew the weapon would be useless against them. Nothing could stop them for they were sent by the Valar to aid travellers in need. Pity to those who try to disrupt the power of the Noobs!

Lindarielwen noticed something different. The Noobs were not their usual dark blood red colour. They were more of a irridescient shade that undulated as they buzzed. Amethysia was staring and if dragons could look happy, well, she did.

"What's going on?" she whipered to Erwedraith. He took her aside and said, "Tis the Noobs. They are communicating with Amethysia and seem to know we have good intentions." Lindarielwen nodded. "I fear we will need all the help we can get. I have two fine horses, the bigger for you because your horse will carry you and Amethysia as well."

The two Elves began tying their packs to the saddles but not before Erwedraith filled two more wine skins with the Bywater Blond.

They mounted the horses and Erwedraith called, "Come, Amethysia." The baby dragon jumped to the saddle in front of her Dragondaddy. He could not help but smile as he knew she would not be able to be carried much longer. She will grow big and strong and will sail the skies either alone or with her Dragondaddy and mommy. Erwedraith's horse stamped the ground as if knowing she was carrying something of great importance.

The buzzing Noobs seemed to form a barricade of protection as the two sped off with Amethysia to safety.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
tarcolan
Send Message
Hmmm, I wonder what those two scoundrels are up to. No good I'll wager. *lights up a pipe and leans back on chair looking mysterious with hood up. Starts coughing uncontrollably. Taps out pipe on boot. Pours beer on smouldering boot. Falls over backwards. Beckons Mareth over* What's going on around here? Where's Blaze? The Elves didn't want this chest, they said it wasn't theirs. The book is Sindarin and apparently it's a family history but they didn't recognise it. I'll have to find someone to translate it, or take it to Rivendell. Has your eggy hatched yet?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*overhead, the Queen and Guruthos watch as the two beings and the hatchling leave their camp*

"Noobs! I haven't seen that many in centuries! The wee one has some power, my Queen!" "Yes she does. All the more reason to keep a close eye on her. Where is your rider? I thought he would have caught up to us by now." "I will backtrack and see if I can find him."

*the Queen nods but continues to fly over the small party*
Bubbledragon
Council Member
Send Message
My egg's doing quite fine, thanks Mareth!It seem my little one wishes to see the world sooner or later...
Hi Tarc! How've you been? I hope the travels weren't too harsh on you?
Here, have a pint of beer *walks over to him with a pint and settles it in front of him*
I'm afraid I don't drink alcohol, so I'll just stick with my tea.
How's your egg coming along Mareth?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Where do you suppose Lindarielwen, Erwedraith, and Amethysia have got to?

*Helps Tarc back back* No, my egg hasn't hatched yet. *looks down at egg in lap* I'm not really sure when it'll hatch either. *spots Bubble's tea* That sounds like a wonderful idea. *puts my egg in my sack, then gets up and goes to order a mug of blueberry tea* *sits back down* Oh, you asked about Blaze. He's over there. *gestures to the corner where Blaze is lying, snoozing contentedly*
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
tarcolan
Send Message
Is that wolfie over there? Ah yes, I'd recognise that dragie anywhere. Why is she hanging about over there?
I'm worried about L. and E. and that baby dragon of theirs, Arglebargle or whatever they've called it. I've got a bad feeling about this. ^pointed stare from M.* Yes, yes I know. I've always got bad feelings about something or other. As a precaution I've sent Barguest to follow those two characters who just slipped out. You remember Barguest? The useless hound? He'll come back when he knows what they're up to. Maybe I should have brought Nobbin with me.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yup, that's Wolfie. But for some reason she didn't want people to know who see is. *ahem ahem* Yes, of course. Bargueast. How could I forget him? *frowns slightly* But if you just said he's useless, why'd you send him out there?
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
"Hey LS look over there it seems we are being followed by a dog it looks kind of familiar what do you think we should do? perhaps we could kill it".
"Yes we could kill it ES but why be that evil, I have a better idea" *LS opens his pack and pulls out a piece of meat and a bottle of liquid which he pours over the meat* "This will not cause any harm towards the dog, it will however put him in a deep sleep for a good while" *LS throws the piece of meat and watches as the dog runs up to it, eats it then walks around for a bit, lies down and falls asleep. ES and LS gallop towards the forest with haste* "look LS, is that dark shape over there Guruthos because if that's him he is huge" "Yes that is him, we will be within his eyesight soon"

[Edited on 02/11/2014 by Lord_Sauron]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*looks askance at L_S* "What exactly were you thinking when you put the dog, or wolf, to sleep? Are you going soft-hearted all of a sudden? We should have killed it when we had the chance. I just know your stupid decision will come back to haunt us later." *looks up a the dragons flying overhead* "Can you contact Guruthos and find out where our quarry are, or do you want me to attempt to contact, Her High and Mighty?" *horses slow to a walk to allow L_S to contact Guruthos*

Raven Mail to tarcolan:

I'm worried about L. and E. and that baby dragon of theirs, Arglebargle or whatever they've called it.

You should be worried old man. The dragon isn't a baby like those that hang out in the inn. Both of our dragons are fully grown adults, hatched during the time of the Great Dark Lord, Morgoth. The male is called Guruthos and the female, the reigning Queen of all dragons, deigns to reveal her name. Perhaps we should have them "drop in" and see you sometime. I'm sure Innkeeper Butterbur would be most happy with the results. ES
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
"It was a stupid decision to let that dog live. Let me amend that mistake. Guruthos come down here right now" *the dragon flies down and lands infront of LS* "You summond me Master" ”How far away are the two travellers with the hatchling. Also a few miles South of us is a dog that is asleep go and kill it for me. Eat it if you wish. After you do meet me at the edge of the forest” "Roast dog sounds nice it shall be done. As for those Elves they are in the middle of the forest, making friends with the noobs.” *Guruthos flies away towards the where the dog was left by LS, however it was not there instead of searching for the dog Guruthos gave up and flew straight for the Forest feeling disappointed as he had failed his Master. Meanwhile LS and ES continue their journey*

[Edited on 02/12/2014 by Lord_Sauron]
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Time out for a bit from the mod side of the house. I don't know all of what has gone into this, but obviously everyone has worked hard to develop the story. I'd rather not see a character killed off if at all possible. I appreciate originally just putting the dog under, but sending the dragon off to make him a snack? Whoa... While this isn't the RP forum, I'm allowing this here because it was a lighthearted adventure. This is turning into anything BUT that. Take a few moments before you post again to consider how painful this may turn into. Believe me, I know how these things can fall apart with hurt feelings and misunderstandings. Just sayin'. So, while I understand the LS and ES are considered the antagonists, don't get carried away with the evil dark-side thing. Okay? Thanks and try to enjoy!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
I have edit my post BelleBayard the dragon wasn't able to find the dog so it wasn't able to kill it off

I will keep in mind next time and try not to be to evil
Bubbledragon
Council Member
Send Message
*With hands wrapped around her tea, BubbleDragon starts nodding away. The engulfing warmth rocking her thoughts to other plains*
Oooh this is nice... Nothing better than a nice warm tea, fine company, and a fire bustling with life!
tarcolan
Send Message
That wasn't my dog anyway. Barguest is immune to poisons, narcoleptics, soporifics and such dedoctions. And I was talking about Lindarielwen and Erwedraith. It's not my fault you've got the same initials L_S and E_S.

*barking and scratching at the door* Eh up! Is that you Barguest? Come in why don't you, the door's wide open. *Bark* Aah. This is serious, he's got his serious look. *Barguest runs off and back again* What is it boy? Little Jimmy's fallen down the well again? *growl* Ok, not funny the first time, not funny now. Right, to action. Mr. Butterbur, could I borrow a horse? I'll leave this chest with you as surety. It's contents could buy the Prancing Pony from under you, and there'd still be change to buy up all of Bree five times over.

Anyone else want to come?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Glances up* Might as well. Sitting around here isn't getting anything done. *stands up and whistles softly to Blaze, who comes to stand next to me*
tarcolan
Send Message
Great. Make that two horses BB, and some food as well. We'd better get going sharpish, they must be an hour or more away by now.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*wakes up L_S* "We'd better get a move on if we want to catch them. I've built up the fire so we can have something to eat. You water the horses while I prepare the food." *the perform their tasks quickly, getting underway just as the sun peeks over the horizon* "It looks like a beautiful day for a hard ride." *kicks horse into a gallop*
tarcolan
Send Message
*galloping north (?) the horses have a hard time keeping up with the tireless speed of Barguest* As I thought Mareth, they've gone into the forest where Lindarielwen and Erwedraith went to train the dragonlet...although I wasn't around when they set off so I'm guessing. I must have heard it somewhere. Sleep can wait this night. On Philomena, on! (What a daft name for a horse)
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Urges Wilhelmina to greater speed* What was Mr. Butterbur thinking when he named these horses?...Or was he thinking?
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
"Not to much further now ES. I can see the edge of the Forest. Seeing that the Forest is big I could get Guruthos to burn parts of it to make it smaller but I fear that might draw to much unwanted attention, so we might need to split up once we have reached the edge. You could continue into the forest and I could ride along the edge for a day or so and enter through the East gate. What do you think?"

[Edited on 02/17/2014 by Lord_Sauron]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*glares at L_S* "Who made you leader of this team? It's all well and good for you to take the easy route and give me the hard one but, may I remind you that I ride the Queen, not you!" *he glares back* "You've never ridden her!" *She flings herself from her horse which has fortunately come to a stop and sits on a nearby stump* "I will ride her, just you wait and see. She's actually communicating with me ... well, not communicating per se, but I can feel her in my mind now. You can't just hop on the Queen of Dragons and say take to, well whatever place!" *he dismounts at a leisurely pace and stretches his arms over his head* "Now who's pulling rank? I thought we were partners." *she looks up at him with a small moue* "Well, maybe we are and maybe we're not." *he sits down on the grass then stretches out to lay on his back examining the sky* "Oh look! I can see Guruthos ... but I don't see the Queen." *sighs* "Now you're trying to change the subject." *he mutters* "By the Valar, I should be so lucky." *she pointedly ignores him while he chew on a piece of grass staring at the sky* "Let's make camp here for the night. Darkness will be on us soon. Perhaps after a decent meal, we'll be able to talk about things rationally." "Oh, and who's supposed to do the cooking .... me! And, whose the irrational one .... me!" *stomps over to her horse and removes the tack. *he sighs and wanders over to his horse and does the same* "I'll cook dinner tonight. It's not a problem." "Can you cook?" "Of course I can cook! Who do you think does the cooking when I'm on my own; my horse?" "Well, then, if you do the cooking, I will take care of the horses." *begins to hobble the horses*
tarcolan
Send Message
Whoa girl. Hound has stopped. *dismounts and surveys ground* I think we're close to them now but I'm tired and so are the horses. Shall we stop for the night? I'll get camp ready while you scout ahead. Or you could scout ahead while I get camp ready. The choice is yours.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Rolls eyes* Okay, I'll go scout ahead. *wraps cloak around self and leaves*
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The horses were tired but they kept up the pace their riders set upon them. Erwedraith named his horse Celeg for she was swift. She bore the extra weight of Amethysia but her step never slowed. Lindarielwen rode upon Ambaron. She chose the name because it meant *sunrise*. Lindarielwen so enjoyed watching the sun rise above the trees. The riders knew they must reach their destination before nightfall.

Amethysia seemed to be enjoying the ride but at the end of the journey her training would begin. She will learn to fly and soon after, she will learn to breathe fire, the likes of which no one had ever seen. Lindarielwen hoped they would be welcomed at the safe haven when they arrived.

Erwedraith looked down at Amethysia and smiled. The little dragon seemed to know they were on an important journey, one that will end before the sky darkened. He was eager to start her training and marveled at her beautiful sparkly wings. Her wings were like no other dragon's and he knew they would grow bigger and stronger with each passing day.

The two riders looked up and saw the Noobs overhead, following them and guarding them as they kept a swift pace. They smiled at each other, knowing they are safe, safe from all who would wish them harm.

Those who are pure of heart always garnered the safety of the Noobs. No one could halt the power of the Noobs if they protected someone. Woe to all who would try.

[Edited on 02/20/2014 by Lindarielwen]
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email