Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post Members List FIX
on: February 08, 2014 10:46
UPDATE: Lord_Sauron just contacted me with a much simpler work-around, which I'm guessing a lot of you must know of already. But anyways, all you have to do is paste this in your address bar (http://www.councilofelrond.com/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=), and type anyone's username right after the last = symbol. Make sure to include any special symbols when typing the username though, as it will not work if incorrect. Thanks Lord_Sauron!

~Leoflic Nightleaf

[Edited on 02/12/2014 by Leoflic_Nightleaf]
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, I tried it and it works.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
Not to worry; I'll be implementing a new, and much better, member's list within the next few days.
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
As always, thank you, Rivka.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Rivka said:Not to worry; I'll be implementing a new, and much better, member's list within the next few days.

I still get the goofy dude with the Aragorn cardboard cutout unless I use the link:
http://www.councilofelrond.com/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
When I use that code, I get a Council page that says *Apologies, unable to find what you are looking for......*
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Me as well. But it's still a Council page with a green theme, which Im guessing means it is almost on it's way to being totally fixed!

Thank you for all you do to keep CoE up and running, Rivka.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am getting the Realm of Aule on my Forum Home page...anybody else getting that? It shows up above the role playing forums.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Lindarielwen and Maxie, you have to put the name of the member right next to the = sign, don't leave a space, like this -

http://www.councilofelrond.com/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=tarcolan

Or you can use the new style. When you hover over a name you should see an address at the bottom of your browser. The address shown is slightly wrong which is why it doesn't work. Instead it hunts around frantically for anything with the word 'member' and ends up in the gallery. Awww, sweet. Nice of it to try though. It's like having a really helpful but dumb friend.

If you take the member number and insert it in the following address it will work. Replace the 02 here (Rivka) with the number.

http://www.councilofelrond.com/members-list/user/02/

Lindarielwen, I don't know why you can see that realm. I seem to remember you're not a member of any realm, is that right?

Oh, and Leo, that number in your sig is wrong. Pi is an irrational number, it cannot be written down. I'm sure that says something fundamental about the universe.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I cannot access the member's list with that link, tarc.

I do not belong to any Realm but I still get the Realm of Aule on my forum home page and there are 5 topics to chose from.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
It appears that you are a member of Aule. Your username comes up on the members list.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Are you serious? Was I drafted? Oh, so how the heck did that happen? I would have had to click on something, right?
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, you would have had to click on Join Realm.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I was never even on the Realm page...too strange.

[Edited on 04/26/2014 by Lindarielwen]
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
@ Lindarelwen - If you wish to be deleted from the realm of Aule roster and to disable viewing the realm's forums, you can contact Lady Celeborn, our realms admin.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
tarcolan
Send Message
Lindarielwen, the name of this thread is a bit confusing. The addresses given will show a member's profile not a list of members. That's why you have to put a member name in. If you really want a list of all members go to your message page and click on 'Directory'. I wouldn't advise it though, there are well over 100,000 members so this list is huge and takes ages to load. It will keep your browser busy for a few minutes. It may even complain about a script error but just click Continue.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks for the info, noleme.

tarcolan, 100,000 members? Where have they all gone? At best, there are 20 members online at one time. Thanks for the warning...I will not be taking a peek at that list.
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
That number does seem a lot but CoE never deletes a registered member so the 100,000+ members is the count since CoE first began in 2002, 12 years of anyone who has ever signed up for an account whether they ever used it or not.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Lucky are those of us who are still here. The others do not know what they are missing.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Ah, OK, gotcha. With the members, I mean. *dizzy* That many!?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
What would happen if there were, say, 200 members logged in? Could the site handle that many?
tarcolan
Send Message
Maxie, you are number 122,821
Lindarielwen (59,391), it doesn't really matter how many people are on the site. Sometimes there's about 200 anyway, it makes no difference whether logged in or not. Pages still have to be built and sent out. All that happens is it gets a bit slower if everyone is changing pages all at once. You may have heard of websites 'crashing' because of heavy demand. They don't really crash, just get clogged up with too many requests and refuse to take any more for a while. I can't see that happening here unless we suddenly become ridiculously popular overnight.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
122,821! *cheers*

So, that explains why CoE may get slow sometimes. It happened a lot over the summer for some reason, but now and all winter it has been rather fast.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
findemaxam48 said:122,821! *cheers*

When did you join, Maxie? Post totals can be seriously misleading, especially with game nuts like myself (I've been here for 5 months)
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
January 29th 2013, Gando. Nearly a year and a half.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hey, can someone check my name with the link on the first post of the page and see if anything weird came up? With my account in the state it is it just gives me an error. Can anyone else see it?
tarcolan
Send Message
Maxie, you're getting the same error as before when your avatar got messed up. Sorry about that, something wrong with your profile. The probability is that it will get fixed one day, new civilisations will arise, new CoE sites will appear. Until then, please remain in your seats, please remain in your seats, please....

Gando, those numbers are member IDs not post counts. Keep up.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
tarcolan said:
Gando, those numbers are member IDs not post counts. Keep up.

Yes, I realize games nuts like myself can pass members who have been here (much) longer in the post counts. There are several Games Forum threads where the post is one word by definition. If I remember correctly, on many other threads, one-word posts lead to a slap on the wrist by the mods.

To get to the point: what is my member ID (number)?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I've gotcha, Gando...

Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Also keep in mind that on the old site when forum cleanups happened and old threads were deleted the post counts went down as the posts were deleted which affected everyone's post totals. The post counts don't go down on this site after thread deletion. So many old members have had their posts counts lowered by this and new members do not.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
@Gandolorin: Don't include the comma. Just type it in like this http://www.councilofelrond.com/members-list/user/124718/.

Oh, and tarcolan, it matters not that pi is an irrational number. If for that reason there was no point in writing any of it down, it would never have been studied, and our mathematics and geometry would not be nearly as advanced as they are.

[Edited on 05/06/2014 by Leoflic_Nightleaf]
tarcolan
Send Message
Leo, I disagree. Oh yes, your crude aproximation of pi is fine for most things except perhaps plotting a lighthugger course between suns. It's the fact that it can never be known, even though it's a fundamental part of almost all physical laws. The famous equation e^(pi.i)=1 is another example of why the universe is on the blink.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, fine. Have it your way. I won't write part of it, and I won't write any of it. There, satisfied?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Now, now, take it outside, boys...

[Edited on 05/07/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Leoflic_Nightleaf said:Okay, fine. Have it your way. I won't write part of it, and I won't write any of it. There, satisfied?

Hi Leo,

just use the Greek letter for Pi, Π (capital) or π in my 'puter's character map, and let people find their own description of it.

And to them!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email