Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Post Quick Question
on: February 18, 2014 01:59
What is the avatar size here on CoE?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
80x80 pixels.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
ic.Sidhiel
Council Member
Send Message
Will this site include movie casting, pictures, and any information regarding the Hobbit later? Just curious...

[Edited on 03/25/2015 by ic.Sidhiel]
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Hi ic.Sidhiel. There are no plans to add the cast of The Hobbit to the Film section. There are so many sources out there it would simply be a case of repeating what's already available. This site is created by the members and you are more than welcome to submit wallpaper, banner and other content for download and to provide images for the gallery. If you'd like to write an article about the films you can PM me.
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
hey, i just want to know a few things. Where are the polls, themes and the avi bank? I hear about them, but can't find them. Also I hear about gaining points to get rank, what is that?

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
The site was changed in layout 3 years ago, all the stuff you mentioned in your post was on the old site and not on this one, so basically they don't exist anymore. The points was for realms and though you can still join the realms the point system is obsolete as well.
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
OH! ok thank you! I kept looking for them! you should put them back!

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Person_with_a_cool_name
Council Member
Send Message
Am I the only person that isn´t able to see a single picture in the gallery? There is simply the data, name and so on, but no pictures...
~Cool_Name~
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
You're not the only one. It's a bug. I've contacted our site owner about it.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Blodhgarm
Council Member
Send Message
flyingarrow said:hey, i just want to know a few things. Where are the polls, themes and the avi bank? I hear about them, but can't find them. Also I hear about gaining points to get rank, what is that?

Dolwen said:The site was changed in layout 3 years ago, all the stuff you mentioned in your post was on the old site and not on this one, so basically they don't exist anymore. The points was for realms and though you can still join the realms the point system is obsolete as well.

Why did these things go away, and what can be done to bring them back?
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
They went away because the site was downsized when it was changed. I doubt very much that Rivka will bring any of it back, since it's been several years now. But there is always hope.
Blodhgarm
Council Member
Send Message
What was the reason for the downsize: money, time, workload, support? I'd love to take a more active role with the site if there's anyway I can help.
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
Probably all of the above. It costs to have a website and it takes time to maintain it. Especially when there were so many sections to keep updated. Then there is that thing called work... It has a tendency to get in the way of a lot of fun things.

I'm not sure there is anything you can do to help the site except be active on it and keep an eye out in case Rivka has a need for a new mod or admin.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Workload. I hope I am not divulging too much 'staff circle' information when I say money is not an issue anymore, though it used to be for a long time. Staff are only people - some staffers with extensive admin rights got too busy in real life to be involved on the site of late. Some others have ideas to improve on the site, but only have limited admin rights or don't have the tech knowledge to fix bugs. This situation can only be fixed by our leader, Rivka, who happens to be one of the people who are currently superbusy in RL. That's life! We're happy you wish to help out, and appreciate your offer. However, I'm sure you understand that granting a new user backend access is a sensitive business, and I think we'd first love to get to know you better before that takes place. I may be mistaken on this, so the surest way to learn our owner's opinion on the matter is to contact her directly, preferably through regular mail. But I still think she'd tell you what I've just said. Thanks for your offer though, we appreciate that!
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Aglariel20055
Council Member
Send Message
Where has everyone gone? There's hardly any one active.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email