Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
DK
Council Member
Send Message
Post Images Available
on: March 18, 2014 11:41
Hi, I am looking to see if anyone can locate an image of the eye shining down a beam of light from the film? I believe this happens on some sort of landscape but can't remember exactly.
Vilyanon
Council Member
Send Message
There is a scene near the end of Return of the King where Sam and Frodo are on top of a mountain overlooking the valley where Mount Doom is located. The eye shines a beam of light on Frodo and he falls down. Not sure of what time it is in the movie, but it is before the great battle at the gate. Hope this helps!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello DK. Welcome to CoE. Your question doesn't really belong in the newbies forum, but rather in the Movies forum. I'll be moving it there. I would suggest you use Google to search for the image you want. With a few good key words it should pop up in the search results.
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
We have quite a few screenshots here- http://www.councilofelrond.com/imagegallerycats/screen-captures/. The easiest thing to do would be to get hold of a DVD of ROTK and grab what you need. Most computer programs that play DVDs have a capture function.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
What DK is looking for sounds like the scene in RotK where Frodo and Sam are approaching Mount Doom. In our gallery (the link Tarco provided), you'll find some at the beginning of the 'Morannon' folder, and some might be lurking also in the Extended Edition folder. I'd try image-googling the 'Land of Shadow' scene from the extended RotK, there should be lots of images there of the Eye of Sauron beaming down, if my memory serves me well.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email