Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Do you wear glasses?
on: June 13, 2010 08:58
Sunglasses anytime I go outside or leave the house. My eyes are insanely light-sensitive - I'll actually tear up on a sunny day if I don't wear them. Otherwise I don't need glasses.
arwen1300
Gosling of Vána
Send Message
on: July 09, 2010 06:06
Used to, but not anymore, my vision's very very good now.
Image If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin
Mainonnenniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2010 11:55
I don't, sadly. I think they look AWESOME. In fact, when I was young (around 3-4) and didn't know better, I looked straight at the sun and watched it change colors from yellow, white, and blue (yes, the sun is blue!). When I was 5-6, I wanted glasses like my dad, so I would press my hands on my eyes and watch the pretty color patterns which resulted. Then I realized it wasn't going to work (and I'd rather not be blind), so I stopped. Now I'm seventeen (almost 18!) and still don't need glasses. Maybe later in life I'll need reading glasses or something... that would be nice.
I guess it's like the story of me and my freckles. When I was 3 or so, I saw a ginger girl covered in freckles. I had no freckles whatsoever and desperately wanted some, so I prayed at my bedside that night for God to give me some freckles. About five years later, I got freckles on my cheekbones, like the "ideal" freckles look. I loved it! (Since now I would hate to be covered in freckles.)
Maybe the same thing will happen with me and glasses? Who knows!
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2011 05:57
I had glasses when I was 7-9. But they weren't for my eyes; my pupils are so big, they take on too much light and give me massive headaches, so I got glasses but they were the wrong prescription and they made things worse but I didn't know that, so I went around wearing them for nearly three years before they finally broke and when I went back, the doctor said he didn't know why I had them in the first place and I should've gotten medication for migraines instead; that my eyes weren't really the problem. But by that time, it was too late so he said it would change as I got older and they sort of have: I don't have headaches like that anymore
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2011 10:47
I'm supposed to wear glasses, but my vision isn't that bad, and they're a little too uncomfortable...I'll have to start wearing them while I'm driving as soon as I take my permit test in April or May...*sigh*
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Do you wear glasses?
on: October 22, 2012 08:30
I have pink and plum colored glasses. I've be wearing them for almost three years now. At times I wish I had contacts, but I like my glasses too.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Modern Major Tolkien Fan
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2012 07:07
I have green and brown glasses for an astigmatism. I agree with Eruwestiel_Evensong, glasses are annoying sometimes, but other times they're great!
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2012 10:08
Yup, I wear glasses. I need them for distance, but I keep them on all the time cuz it just makes everything so much clearer. They're brown and turquoise.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2012 07:25
I wear glasses!They are blue and grey.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 24, 2012 10:03
I wear glasses. I am near-sighted (can't see far away). I wish I could wear contacts, but my eyes are just too dry for them and they bother me too much. I am hoping one day I could get Lasik. I really don't like wearing glasses at all.
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2012 01:10
i have only recently got glasses for reading (which, mostly, i dont bother to wear!)
that would be the only time i would wear glasses.
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Yes
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The only glasses I wear are sunglasses..I always wear them when I am outside..even on cloudy days.

If I have trouble seeing tiny, tiny print or want to get a better look at something, say like a photograph, I use my magnifying glass. It is about 4 inches round and has a wonderful mother-of-pearl handle.

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
I do wear glasses. They're purple and black and the sides look like butterfly wings

I've worn glasses since middle school, and I wouldn't be able to get by without them. I want to try contacts, but I don't have the money for them right now And I don't wear makeup so I think that my face would look really blank if I only wore contacts
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I don't. For which I am very thankful. Having things on my face drives me up the wall. I can't even wear sunglasses for a long time.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Aerena100
Council Member
Send Message
Well, Mareth, when you HAVE to wear glasses to see, you kinda get used to it
I do wear them, but have contemplated getting contacts.
~ Golden eye, fiery scale, a drake of flame guards your mountain, and spells your doom ~ ~ Heirs of Durin, reclaim your throne. Send the beast to his watery tomb ~
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, I wear glasses. im practically blind without them. When I was at lotrelessars house the other day, the four of us (three being glasses wearers) got into a discussion of what time the TV said. It turned out to be 9:16 PM. Ive had glasses since kindergarden, and i am currently a sophomore.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
I have reading glasses.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Looks like one day I may be getting contacts, but I have astigmatism, and a wierd irregular one according to the doctor, so we shall see.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
I have glasses, have had them for about 6 years now, they don't really bother me, without them I can hardly see a thing. :/
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Without my glasses, I'm blind as a bat. Not even joking.

I would totally get contacts if they weren't so expensive *sigh*
If I could, I would get sea-green/blue ones because they're so pretty! But plain ones would be ok too, I like the color of my eyes
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Bats aren't completely blind, Ele.

I've always wanted color contacts. I think it would be weirdly interesting to see what I would look like with a different color of eyes.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I would like to see what I look like with green eyes, like the rest of my family. Im the only one, even in my extended family, who has brown eyes and reddish hair.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I do!!! And I look weird without them!!! I want contacts, it would be a lot easier, but i actually like my classes i would just get non-prescription contacts to change the color of my eye. Probably green or light blue!
"A sprinter learning to wait."
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
Yea and I would get contacts so that when I'm driving I wouldnt look like a computer nerd
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, since 1991, if i remember correctly. They were for reading and working at the computer then (this was 14 inch VGA monitor time, folks). I was able to do without the glasses, but my eyes were then tired out. Perhaps ten years ago it occasionally happened that I forgot my glasses in the morning when driving to work, because I could still focus sharply on objects 15 to 20 feet away. By now, the focal point of my unassisted eyes is behind the retina at all distances, so I do not see anything clearly anymore, getting worse the closer the object I try to focus on is to my eyes.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Lol, when I went for my permit test, I couldn't see the line on the eye chart they pointed to, so I just read a different one and they didn't notice. When I got my vision tested today, with my glasses I am 20-20 in the right eye and 20-25 in the left.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
My left eyes needs a stronger lens, but not by much.
I LOVE my glasses though! They define me! XD
"A sprinter learning to wait."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, my left eye as well. When my glasses are off I have to elevate my head and look to the left so I can see more out of my right eye. Has anyone here considered Lasik Eye surgery? To me it seems really scary and unsafe. Or, has anyone had it before?
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
I have worn glasses since I was about 14, short-sighted. At first I had heavy black things and I hated them. Then I got those round gold-rim John Lennon glasses which were much better and had curly wire ear things so I could play badminton without them flying off. They looked cool too. Since then I've hardly noticed I'm wearing them. Forty years later I find out I can't have that sort of frame anymore 'cos they're not fashionable. Duh! Glossomania rears its ugly head again.

Good news. I got a new prescription for mid-field glasses so I can finally read what I'm typing on here. Brilliant! Only square ones though. Boo!
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
I... hate to say this... but I wear glasses. I've started wearing them since I was... about 5 or 6. I take after my mom: bad eyesight. What's worse, is that I like to play computer games. I don't even wanna say how bad it is. I hate my glasses. I'll be super glad if my eyesight is good.
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
tarcolan said: Forty years later I find out I can't have that sort of frame anymore 'cos they're not fashionable. Duh!

DUH is the right reaction to comments from fashion nerds. With that I mean the people who think you always have to be up-to-date on everything external and superficial (like the classical computer nerds who think there is no intersting life outside virtual reality).

We have a nice fitting saying in Germany that I'm going to try and translate:
"Oh, so you think that's not fashionable anymore? Uh-huh. Gets me about as excited as a CNN newsflash that somewhere in the more distant Chinese provinces a grain of rice just dropped off a chopstick."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email