Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
As buisness died down, Gaea swept again and washed down the tables with the last clean availiable rag. She would have to remember to do some laundry the next day.

Surdoc was counting some of the day's profits. Gaea handed him all of the tips she had earned and said, "Put this towards my bill. I am going to retire for the night."
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Night passed and day arrived too quickly.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
As the sun rose so did Flóki, he wanted to get a start on repairing the shed Surdoc had shown him. Wanting to grab a quick meal before setting out Flóki walked into the main room of the pub; he noticed everything was much quieter than it had been the previous night. "Good morning, Surdoc. Have you any toasted bread and cheese possibly some meat I could eat before setting out and tending to the shed outside?" Flóki said walking over to a table and noticing Surdoc standing by the counter.
finnr_sig
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
The daylight shining through the East window woke Gaea up, as did the whinnying of the horses outside. She went out quickly after getting dressed to clean up, and then she went down to the kitchen, tying up her hair as she went. "Good morning, Surdoc!" she called quietly.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Surdoc served the eager dwarf his breakfast. Then procedded to wipe the counters.
"Good morning, Surdoc!" Gaea called
"Would you like to help me with the animals?" Surdoc asked.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"I would love to," Gaea said, "I just cleaned up the stalls, but I am sure that there is much more to be done. I can then begin breakfast, if you'd like."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Surdoc nodded, "I'll give the animals food and water. The recipy book is on that shelf."
He then scurried out.

Rodwen descended the stairs quietly giving no allusion of her presence. She watched as Gaea as she mixed ingreadients.
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
Flóki thanked Surdoc as he set the plate down and walked away; while quickly eating the food he watched the owner and his helping assistant. Once finished, Flóki slid his plate the to middle of the table and began making his way outside. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a woman coming down the stairs and he greeted her with a nod and walked out, taking a piece of flat wood Surdoc had set aside and said Flóki could try to use in patching the roof of the shed.

Walking down the path that had been shown to him before he thought of the things that needed to be done and how long it would all take. Finally finding his way to the shed, Flóki set his tools and materials down and planned out the day's tasks that he had been pondering about during the walk then with a well formulated plan his work began.
finnr_sig
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gaea picked up the worn recipe book and went back to the kitchen. There was a wide counter which opened up to the dining room. Once she was sure that no one watched her, she opened up the book. The letters danced helplessly across the page, but there was a picture. Gaea studied it intently. It was a breakfast dish, no doubt, and it looked to contain egg and butter and...herbs? What kind? ,she thought.

She reached up to pick up a bowl and set it down on the counter. Next she reached for the basket of eggs, cracking three and putting them, without shells, into the bowl. She put in some butter and some leafy green that smelled like onion, and then lit a fire over the stove, pouring the concoction into a pan. The pan sizzled when the egg mixture came in contact with the heat, and Gaea hoped that she was cooking the food correctly.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Rodwen watched as Gaea threw the eggs into the frying pan.

"I'd use that rosemarry in that short fat jar."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gaea jumped at the voice, but then closed her ahnd naround the jar. The lid popped off too easily and fell to the ground, and she swooped to pick it up, sprinkling some of the herb into the pan. "Thank You," She muttered.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"No problem," Rodwen answered. "Where in Rohan do you live?"

Surdoc slopped the water from the well as he trudged across the yard to the stables. Watering was the last thing he had to do in the stables. Then gather the eggs and feed the fowl.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"I lived near Edoras," Gaea said, flipping the food in the pan and placing it on a plate, "But I have not been there for two years." She began to make another breakfast dish. This one was more complicated. She squinted at the words.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Where were you during the War?" she asked.
Normally she wouldn't be this talkitive but today was special.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Oh, just wandering about," Gaea said, getting more and more frustrated at the book. She set it aside. "You?"
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"I stayed in Bree during the War," Rodwen answered.

Surdoc entered the pub.
"Having any problems Gaea?"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"I find that I enjoy Bree more and more every day," Gaea said with a smile at Rodwen's admission of staying there.

Surdoc entered the pub quickly, and Gaea jumped down to grab the cook-book. "Having any problems?"Surdoc called.

"No," Gaea called quickly. She thrust the book at Rodwen. "Can you read the recipe for me? I...Im having trouble seeing it."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Rodwen stared at the book. The print was small but she could discern the words clearly.
"Shall I read the recipe to you," she asked.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Yes, and quickly," Gaea said, adding coals to the fire to make the flames feed higher.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Stir three eggs and four pinches of oregano, that brown jar. Fry halfway then flip," Rodwen read.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gaea nodded her thanks and then scooped up the orange-brown clay jar. She cracked three eggs and accidently dropped the shells onto the floor.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Surdoc greeted his guests as they came down. Realizing he had left the fresh eggs outside he raced out to get them. He returned and set the eggs on the counter.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
It was a cold night and the stars shone in Bree. A pale moon light reflected in the blond hair with many little braids of a dwarvish maiden. She had blue eyes and wore brown travelling clothes and a majestic coat with a fur neckpiece. She had travel from Erebor, passing through Moria. She wanted to meet her kin in the Blue Mountains.

Thornia entered the inn and sat in the shadows of a corner. She laid her axe in the table and asked a good meal and a pint. Then, she lightened her smoking pipe watching everyone arround.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gaea rushed out of the kitchen to set a plate of food and a pint of ale in front of her new customer. This one was a dwarf as well, female, however. She had no shame in smoking her pipe and laying her weapon on the table.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
A plate of food and a pint of ale were set on her table. Thornia was delightful.

“Thanks, lassie!” She said with a smile. The dwarf put down her smoking pipe and started to eat and drink. However, the waitress was looking for her in a strange way. “Is there something wrong?”

While she was eating she thought how nice it would be to find someone of her kin to travel to the Blue Mountains. After she finished she started to smoke again, passing her hand through her short blond beard.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"No, nothing wrong," Gaea admitted quickly. "It's just that..." she was embarassed. "I have never seen a female dwarf before."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Surdoc started towards the newest customer but Gaea beat him. Oh well give her some chances Surdoc old boyhe thought to himself. Breakfast over, he started going through his vegetables planning that night's stew. He would need to go to Bree soon but not yet.

Rodwen helped Gaea wash the dishes. She hated being inactive and she didn't mind helping. Her thoughts often wondered to her brother's last letter. I will meet you at the Dragon's Breath Inn. When I left the proprietor was just opening and it seemed a nice place. Your brother Nithron.
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
Flóki had been working for a few hours and was beginning to get hungry again. The roof was already patched and he had created a makeshift hinge for the door out of some scrap metal he had in his pack. Bundling his things back into his pack Flóki began to make his way back towards the inn for a break and a meal.

Walking in, Flóki stopped by Surdoc for a greeting and asked for a nice strong drink then proceeded to look for a table. While scanning the room he noticed in the corner another dwarf, a female dwarf. Excited, he walked over to her table and set his stuff down and began saying, "Shamukh, zûr zu?" [Greetings, how are you?] in their native tongue "I am Flóki Firebeard from just North of here" he continued and finally sat himself down.

"That is a beautiful axe you have here, the craftsmanship is quite impressive. Where was this forged?" He said looking down and admiring the dwarven weapon.
finnr_sig
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Thornia let out a laugh when the girl said she never saw a female dwarf.

“Well, lassie, we aren’t many. But you know, ‘dwarves don’t just spring out of holes in the ground’”*

She continued laughing until she saw a dwarf coming in. She smiled as he approached.

Durinu-me turg! (By Durin’s beard!)” She said. The dwarf maiden made a signal for him to sit near her and quickly introduced herself. “Thornia, ai-menu Duzhuk.(Thornia, at your service.)”

The dwarf asked another mug of ale for her and continued to smoke. Flóki asked her about her axe and finally sat down. She took a swallow of her beer and gladly looked at him.

“Erebor, my home. What about ya, lad? What brings you here?”

OOC *This is part of a quote from The Lord of the Rings and the Fellowship of the Ring

[Edited on 07/07/2014 by Ella]
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
Receiving his mug and taking a large swig, Flóki nearly spit it right back out at the unexpected response. "Erebor!? My, you have come a long way; never been able to travel that far myself. As for me, I'm just a traveling smith trying to make a living. Originally from the Blue Mountains but we left when I was a lad to smith for the hobbits and men in this region. Been doing that ever since," Flóki explained to the dwarf lady in front of him.

Each took a drink and Flóki took out his own pipe and joined Thornia in a smoke. Curious he asked, "So what brings you all the way from Erebor? Seems like such a long journey without a quest."
finnr_sig
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
A young man rode into the pub's courtyard. He was hooded and cloaked and a grey hawk perched on his shoulder. He dismounted and pulled his hood closer. People didn't trust him after they saw his unusual black eyes. They thought him to be evil. He took a deep breath and stepped into the pub.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Thornia secretly smile when the dwarf before her was surprised by hearing about Erebor. She was proud of her home and thinking of it made her happy. Then, she carefully listened what he was saying passing her hand through her braided long hair. He was curious about her motif to be there. She smirked.

“Just passing through. I’ve met some family in Khazad-dûm and now I’m travelling to the Blue Mountains.”

She grabbed a crimson jewel in a golden necklace that was hidden in the fur neckpiece of her coat. Her expression was somewhat annoyed looking at it. Finishing her beer, after some minutes of silence, she continued sighing.

“My father wants me to betroth a dwarf prince there, actually. Not that I wanted, though.” She felt sad about it yet she laughed while saying “It’s hard to be one of the few female dwarves in Middle-Earth.”

[Edited on 07/08/2014 by Ella]
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
"Ah, heading to the Blue Mountains. I still have a cousin that lives over there...I think anyways. Haven't seen him in probably fifty years, Frimann son of Armann was his name. I am sorry to hear your father wants you to do something that you don't want to and I can only imagine how hard it must be for lady dwarves. It's almost like the old stories of the En..." Flóki was saying then stopped abruptly and watched a young man walking into the door.

Thornia put her hand on her axe, not wielding it but for comfort. "Something looks off about that one," she stated. "Aye, hope he doesn't mean to bring trouble," Flóki said in agreeance and tried to go back to their normal conversation, taking sips from his mug glancing over out of the corner of his eye.

[Edited on 07/08/2014 by Finnr]
finnr_sig
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Surdoc watched uncomfortably as the mysterious stranger stepped in but continued to chop his vegetables. He had dealt with customers like him but he wanted to see how Gaea responded to a situation like this.

Rodwen excused herself and went up to her room. She had a headache, probably from the anticipation, and decided to lay down.

The man stepped in keeping his hawk upon his shoulder. He noticed the still in the air as his feet echoed on the wooden floor. Not unusual. It was almost as bad keeping his hood up as leaving it down and let everyone stare at his eyes. He walked to the counter, where a young woman stood.
"A cup of ale, if you please, miss."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gaea finished washing the dishes and stacked them neatly on the counter. She was just coming around front to clean off the counter when a stranger approached the counter, hooded and cloaked.

"A cup of ale, if you please, miss."

He was cold but polite, an air of sibilance in his voice. "Of course, sir," Gaea said, turning and filling a mug.

When she turned back, he had already seated himself at a table. Gaea walked over and set the mug on the table before him, timid. "Here you go," she said.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email