Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
As Thornia put her hand in her axe she smirked. She longed for some enthusiasm for quite a time. She turned her blue eyes for the dwarf in front of her and tried to hide her excitement about the newcomer.

“If you’re a smith, lad, would you sharp this blade? I’ve some coins to spare.” She grabbed it throwing a look to the newcomer but quickly returning to Flóki.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gaea waited for the customer to pay. He took a long, deep drink, but then payed her no mind.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Have you a customer who goes by the name Rodwen?" the young man asked slipping the ale.
He slipped the money on the table and continued to drink.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"I beleive so," Gaea said, "but I know not where she went, if she is here."

She picked up the cpins and returned to the counter. On her way, she topped off the dwarves' drinks.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
"If you’re a smith, lad, would you sharp this blade? I’ve some coins to spare.” Thornia asked. "Ah oh course, luckily I have not fully set up the shed outside so I have all my tools with me," Flóki said reaching into his bag and pulling out some large stones. "Hopefully once that shed is finished I can buy a stone sharpening wheel to make this go a wee faster."

He continued sharpening and took drinks every once in awhile from his mug. After finishing his current ale plus another, Flóki had finally finished sharpening the axe. Holding the blade out in front of him with his back to a light the sharpened edge sent out a blinding glare. "Here you are lass," he said setting the weapon back down on the table
finnr_sig
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
The young man looked about when he heard the rasping sound of stone against iron. Two dwarves sat at a table, onbe talking whilst the other sharpened an ax. He waited until the dwarf laid the ax down then walked over.

“Excuse me Master Dwarf but I see that you are a sharpener of blades. I have a few of mine own that have grown dull over the months. I can pay,” he said producing a handful of coins, “They call me Nithron.”

“Show me your wares laddie.”

Nithron pulled his cloak back revealing a long sword. He reached for one of his daggers but in the process, his hood fell from his face. He quickly reached to pull it back up, but stopped and sighed. They had already seen his black eyes. Not from any fight, black was their true color. It was a curse.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gaea watched from a distance as the stanger handed his weapons to one of the dwarves. In truth, she was still scared of the man.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
As the dwarf finished Thornia smiled looking at her sharpen axe.

Dôlzekh Menu (Thank you)” She said putting on the table a small amount of coins.

The young man she had seen before approached and she laid her hand in her axe again, still smirking and never stopped looking at him. As the hood fell and revealed his black eyes, she turned serious. She wasn’t afraid though yet she found it quite odd.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Surdoc finished chopping his vegetables and began to slice his meat. He watched out of the corner of his eye of the happenings in the inn. Gaea was handling it nicely.

Nithron turned as the young woman that had served him walked up behind him with another mug of ale for the dwarf. He silently stepped aside. He saw the she-dwarf grasp her ax. He backed away holding his hands up.
"Nay lady I mean no one any harm."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When Gaea reached to set down the dwarves' ale, the stranger had stepped aside so hurridely that the female dwarf reached for her axe. The stranger was quick to apologize, howevcer, Gaea was frightened.

Gaea set the mug down quickly and retreated back to the counter, alarmed at what had just occured. She quickly dumped out the jar of coins and began to count the values on her fingers.
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
“Dôlzekh Menu," Thornia said graciously. Flóki was about to respond when he noticed the lad walking over so he quickly switched his mind back to common speech, "You're welcome." Once the man had reached the table, he asked Flóki to sharpen his blades as well. How could I pass up more work and more coin? Flóki thought to himself. At the same time as the man reached for his dagger his hood fell, as did silence in their area of the room. Thornia quickly put her hand back onto her axe and the man stepped back just in time for Gaea to drop off a new mug and depart quickly, noticing tension was very tight.

Flóki put his hand up in front of Thronia in a friendly manner as if to guard her off. "Bring your blades back over here lad, have a pint with us and sit awhile. Even tell us your story if you will, however odd it may be."
finnr_sig
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Nithron gratefully accepted the invitation. But before he seated himself he continued to pull his weapons out. After one sword, five daggers, and two knifes were on the table, he sat down raising his cup to alert the maid.

Surdoc finished and soon had the stew simmering over the fire. He walked over to Gaea who was sitting nervously.
"Anything wrong?" he asked right behind her.
She jumped and replied, "oh nothing."
"It's that new customer isn't it," he whispered in her ear.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"It's that new customer, isn't it?" Surdoc whispered to Gaea.

She gave a barely perceptable nod as the customer being discussed raised his mug without looking around to see where she was.

"Excuse me," Gaea said to Surdoc softly, going to the counter and picking up a pitcher of ale. She filled the man's mug and then asked, "Will you require anything else?"
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Surdoc watched the stranger suspiciously. Something just didn't seem right. Gaea returned from filling the stranger's cup and resumed her position on the stool. Surdoc stirred his stew thoughtfully, where have I seen this stranger before?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gaea polished silverware until her face shone in it like a mirror. She studied her reflection- I look most different from the last time I cared to look, she thought.
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
Flóki sharpened the stranger's weapons, all eight of them, luckily most of these are short blades he thought to himself. With the quantity, it took quite some time for Flóki to get the edges of them all as sharp as he liked and in the meantime the man sat beside him silently in the presence of the dwarves drinking from his mug.

"So lad, you've got a lot of weapons here for just one man; they see a lot of action? Some of them look pretty nicked up," Flóki asked inquisitively. Nithron continued to sit without a response and not looking up much past his hood while sliding the finished blades into their places.
finnr_sig
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"So lad, you've got a lot of weapons here for just one man; they see a lot of action? Some of them look pretty nicked up."

Nithron looked up at the dwarf, "Aye they have seen action. I followed Halbarad and then King Elessar into the battle of Pelenor Fields and then at Cormallen."

Surdoc finally recognized the stranger. Why it was that Ranger! Quickly he jumped from his place at the fire and walked over to the Ranger.

"I have not seen you in a while Hood."
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
Flóki's eyes widened and he said, "oh a ranger, eh? I met another one of you folk a while back just north of here can't rightly remember the his name at the moment but he did mention your companion's name, Halbarad, and said he had stayed behind to guard the area. Well I guess that's what I get wandering around and working with so many people. Hopefully these newly sharpened blades will do you well where ever you journey leads you."

Surdoc had walked over and began talking with Nithron so Flóki turned back to Thornia. "How long will ya wait before heading off to the Blue Mines? If I hadn't just started working on the new shed outside for my own shop I'd have half a mind to join you. Like I mentioned before it's been quite some time since I've seen my cousin there; but that shed's not going to fix itself."
finnr_sig
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Nithron laid the coins on the table and walked back to one secluded in a corner. There he lite his pipe and leaned back. He wished that he knew if Rodwen was here or not.

Surdoc walked back to Gaea who was shining the pots and pans.
"That newcomer is to be watched," he whispered in her ear, "He's a Ranger. Known as Hood to us simple folk."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"That newcomer is to be watched,he's a Ranger. Known as Hood to us simple folk," Surdoc told Gaea quietly. She nodded, showing that she understood.

She went over to the dwarves and said, "Would you care for anything else? A room, perhaps?"
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Surdoc stirred the fire and then the stew. It was almost done. The smell wafted through the air causing many stomachs to growl. With one eye on the stew and the other on the Ranger he whistled quietly.
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
"Would you care for anything else? A room, perhaps?" Gaea had asked as she walked over to the table with the dwarves. Thronia was deep in her own thought, paying little mind to Flóki and their surroundings in the pub. Noticing the disinterest, Flóki glanced up at Gaea with a grin and said, "No room for me yet but that stew Surdoc is cooking up seems to be calling for me; so I will take a bowl of that once its finished, please. Also, a refill on my mug when you get a chance."
finnr_sig
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Finally the stew was finished much to the pleasure of the guests. After steaming bowls and mugs were served he sat down across from Gaea.
"So," he began, "tell me about yourself."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The Elf maid felt a cold nose on her cheek and warm breath on her hair as she began to stir from her slumber. She felt the cold nose again and this time a slight push on her shoulder caused her green eyes to open. She was looking into beautiful amber eyes and she laughed. "Fine, it is time to awaken and start our day. It is likely we shall find an inn nearby and we will stop for a meal and perhaps lodging for several days."

and I won't have to cook or sleep on the ground or in a tree

[Edited on 07/30/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"No room for me yet but that stew Surdoc is cooking up seems to be calling for me; so I will take a bowl of that once its finished, please. Also, a refill on my mug when you get a chance," Floki said.

"Of course," Gaea said to the dwarf. She crossed the room and filled up a clean mug, bringing it over had setting it onto the table in front of him. "There you go."

Minutes later, the stew was done and served. A few minutes after that, Surdoc came and sat across from Gaea, saying, "So,tell me about yourself."

"I come from Edoras, traveling around for work," she said. "I will settle where I may."

Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Surdoc nodded. Just then the door opened and a Elf walked through. Surdoc glanced nervously at the two dwarfs slurping stew at the table. One thing he had learned. Always sit an Elf and a Dwarf on opposite sides of the room.
"Make sure the Elf sits far away from the Dwarves," he whispered to Gaea.

[Edited on 08/01/2014 by Cenor]
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
The woman sat a hot, steaming bowl in front of Flóki. Without taking any caution from the steam billowing from the bowl, Flóki picked it up and tipped it back drinking the stew whole. Already almost finished with the meal, Flóki caught a glance of a person walking through the door over the bowl which covered his face. The sight made him nearly choke and he was coughing aloud setting the bowl back on the table empty.
finnr_sig
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The Elf maid stayed where she was and listened to the birds singing in the trees. The cold nose pushed at her once more. "All right, all right, Alarca, we will be on our way." she said to her friend.

She gathered her things and the two began walking. The maid took great delight in the forest. She loved the sounds and the smells as they walked. It wasn't long though, before an unsavory scent reached her nose. "Cooking, someone is cooking and it does not smell like something I would like." Her friend made a noise and they continued on until a path leading to several buildings came into sight.

"There! There is the inn! We shall eat and find lodging this day." said the maiden. "I think we will be comfortable here."

They reached the door to the pub. "You must wait here, Alarca, I do not think horses are permitted inside."

She entered the pub and looked about. Stew! I hope that is not the only meal served here. She looked at the other patrons and noticed there were several Dwarves present. One seemed to be choking and she walked over to him and spoke. "It seems to me, Dwarf, that you have more food on your beard than in your mouth."
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
Flóki was thankful he was able to finally clear his though by the time the elfmaiden had walked to their table. "It seems to me, Dwarf, that you have more food on your beard than in your mouth." she had said to him as he gazed at her. "Indeed I do lady, for nothing could have prepared me for such a sight and one so fair I have not seen in quite a many years." Flóki said bowing his head slightly.
finnr_sig
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Of course," Gaea said in answer to Surdoc.

She saw the maiden speaking to the dwarf, and she went over hurridly. "Would you like a table?" She asked.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The Elf maid looked at the other Dwarf at the table. She was sleeping, her stew untouched. "It seems your companion has fallen asleep." she said to the Dwarf. "Perhaps you need more lively conversation." With that, a slight smile crossed her face. "As I live and breath, it has been too long a time since last we spoke. It is so good to see you again, my friend."

She turned to the girl, who appeared nervous. Does she think we are going to fight? I am glad the old prejudices are gone..well, except for orcs. "Perhaps you can seat us at a table a bit away from the noise." She looked at the Dwarf who was wiping his beard. "That is, if you care to join me."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gaea led the Elf and the dwarf, who rose to his feet, to a table near one of the windows. To the Elf, she said, "Would you like anything?"
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
"Indeed it has been a long time Raina, my old friend," said Flóki then looking down at Thornia he continued, "Aye, she's had alot on 'er mind apparently and only half payin' attention for awhile now. Suppose to be headin' to the mines over in the Blue Mountains, but that's not my story to tell ya. Lets go discuss our own adventures." Flóki extended his arm in guidance towards the direction Gaea was trying to lead them.

Gaea had shown them to a table similar to the one the dwarves had been sitting at before except this one was sitting on the west side of the room next to a window, which the sun was beginning to descend and made for a great view outside as the rays burst through the trees and behind buildings. Also this table, unlike the previous table, was fit for the height of men and elves not dwarves or hobbits; so the she-elf gave a slight smirk as Flóki pulled out the chair and had to give a small hop before reaching the table.

"So, It's been many years I'm sure you have some stories, eh?" Flóki said to Raina as she stared out the window.
finnr_sig
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Raina could not help but smile as Floki seated himself upon the higher chair. She almost asked him if he needed a box but decided to turn to the open window instead. How she loved the outdoors! She took great delight in walking in the forest, especially at night. Her thoughts started to wander but Floki's voice made her turn from the window.

A girl stood at the table, asking if Raina would like anything. The maid answered. "Yes, please bring me a mug of ale and another for my friend, if you would. Also,something to eat. Can you bring me a plate of cheese, bread and some fruit?" asked Raina. The girl could not help but look at the pair before she turned to the kitchen.

"Ah, Floki, we both have years of stories to tell. My stories, I trust, will not be so full of adventure as yours. The War is over. Orcs still roam and are not so quick to fight but some have not escaped my blade." Raina finished sadly.

The Elf maid looked at the Dwarf with a smile. "But there are many new adventures to embark upon here, in this Middle-earth. I am passing this way and head for the Shire. Little birds have told me that the finest pipe-weed in all the land grows there. There is one called Old Toby that interests me."

The sky was getting dark and the night birds began their mournful cry. Once I am finished with my meal, I will go outside and enjoy the night air. I must also tend to Alarca but no doubt he has found his own way to the stables.

[Edited on 08/09/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
Flóki smiled at Raina thankfully, "Aye, it's been many a years and I have traveled far but never out of this county, mind you. After the city Annúminas was brought back to life I spent some time there but left and headed South to Tookland for exactly what you seek; I knew an adamant and friendly fellow that could get you to buy just about anything, silver tongued that little hobbit is." Flóki lowered his eyebrows creating a straight, stern face and continued, "after that I thought I'd give Bree a try for some business but by the time I made it to that blasted Old Forest I couldn't bring myself to go further in than you could throw a rock. We dwarves aren't like you elves, I can mine for miles into the ground but go into a dark, old forest with trees that are said to move and even attack, I just couldn't do it; so instead I head down that river, Brandywine."

Flóki stopped his story while Gaea approached their table with two mugs in one hand and a plate in the other. The two companions clinked their mugs together in cheers and Flóki continued, "Once I started down the river for some reason I just didn't stop went some four hundred miles or so I suppose, nearly to the end I believe, took ages it seemed, I suppose I just wanted to see the ocean and what some of you talk so much about. Instead of finding a beautiful ocean though I ended up by the Black Woods down South, personally I didn't recon anyone actually lived down there but I ran into some right nasty folk who gave me a bit o' trouble, but nothing this young plucky dwarf can't handle. Afterwards, I decided to turn back before I got myself into any more trouble, luckily I was on the eastern bank of the river now and wouldn't have to go by that nasty forest to get to Bree, however far off it may have been at the time. After I finally made it back up this way I found this pub and decided to stay awhile and Surdoc over there was nice enough to show me a shack down a bit that I could fix up and use as a shop if I wanted. All-in-all not a whole lot of fighting though, nothing like my older cousin Gissur, I heard from him awhile back and apparently he was in the war and was hewing orcs and those savage men left and right up by Erebor, fighting alongside King Dáin."

Flóki stopped talking and took a mighty dwarf chug of his ale with beer spilling over the sides and through his moustache down into his beard, the type of chug generally seen in contests. Setting the mug back on the table the dwarf glanced to the elf, "So tell me of your adventures and glorious victories. From what you have already said, you have had much more excitement than myself. I'd like to hear of the orcs you encountered and where, were they the small, fiesty goblins or the big beastly uruks?"
finnr_sig
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email