Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Nithron sat quietly observing the Elf and dwarf at the next table. It was good to see that old enmities were breaking up. The smoke curled up from his pipe making wistful patterns before disappearing into the air.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Yes, please bring me a mug of ale and another for my friend, if you would. Also,something to eat. Can you bring me a plate of cheese, bread and some fruit?" Gaea looked at the Elf, startled, but she brought what she had requested.

After some time, she noticed the odd pair was telling stories. She looked around; few patrons remained. She approached them once more, and asked, "May I join you?"
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Rodwen stepped lightly down the steps. The headache was gone and she would sit waiting for Nithron. She hesitated in the room. More guests had arrived since she had left and she felt a bit open. She pulled her hood up and started across the room.
"Hello sister."
Rodwen turned, her eyes filled with joy as Nithron stood behind her, a lit pipe in his hand.
"Nithron!"
She hugged him and the two retreated to a dark table.
"Tell me your adventures," Rodwen said eagerly.
==================================
Surdoc watched his customers. A Elf and dwarf sitting chatting quietly, a brother and sister meeting again, and the Hobbit and Dwarf sitting quietly alone. He sighed and circled the tables offering mugs of ale.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Raina smiled at her friend. "Floki, you have always spun a good tale. As before, your stories are well told. It seems you have been quite busy. You have still to see the ocean? It is glorioius, that much I can tell you but the sea left me with no longing to go across. As for me, my path was not so adventurous. I did not stray very far from Gondor after the War. Most of the evil ones fled but I will tell you that slicing the head from a Uruk-hai really takes two hands and a mighty swing. It also helped that I was a bit taller than most of them." she finished with a laugh.

Raina ate a bit more cheese and noticed the serving girl approaching. "A shop you say," she said to Floki. "What sort of shop? Are you planning on settling here?"

The girl stood at the table for a moment before she asked if she could join them. The two friends answered almost in unison. "Of course, join us if you will."
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Nithron lit his pipe again and Rodwen's.
"I accompanied Halbarad to Rohan where we meet King Ellesar...."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gea sat down with the Elf and Dwarf, tucking in her skirts at the ankle. "I am Gaea," She said, at a vague attempt to initiate conversation. "And yourselves?"
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
" 'ello Gaea, I'm Flóki and this here is Raina," Flóki said holding out his hand guiding Gaea's eyes over to his elven counterpart and continued, "we've held a friendship for some twenty or thirty years now I think. Quite a long time to you and I but only a blink to this one. Catches most people off guard, our friendship does, and gives us a pretty good laugh sometimes. Anyways lass, I've seen you walking back and forth all day working the past few days that I've been here are you from this area or just passing through looking for work like myself?"
finnr_sig
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Surdoc blew the extra candles out letting the firelight fill the room. It smelled like stew, ale, and a more prominent smell of smoke from a pipe. The Rangers sat at a dark table and the Dwarf, Elf, and Gaea sat nearby. He propped his feet up, until that Ranger was in a room or had left he wasn't going to sleep. Can't trust Rangers.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"I prefer to spend my days traveling," Gaea said, in responce to Floki. "But I find myself low on funds and weary at the moment, and I am working here, in order to put some coin in my pocket and pay off my stay."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Raina listened to Floki tell the serving girl of their friendship. Twenty years? I think it is closer to thirty.

The room took on a lovely glow from the fire on the hearth. Smells of food and candlewax filled the air. Someone was smoking a pipe and the aroma was pleasant.

Raina listened to Floki talk politely and kindly to the serving girl, Gaea. He has always been kind but one I would want at my side in a battle.

Gaea mentioned travel. "Where have you been in Middle-earth?" asked Raina. "Have you been to the Shire? That is where I am going when I leave here."
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"I have been to the Shire breifly, years ago," Gaea answered the Elf. "I would like to see it again someday."
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
The two friends and their new acquaintance sat in silence for a few moments and then all began to look around as they noticed the shadows that spread from the fire's light danced around the room. Glancing at the rangers with their pipes Flóki decided he would do the same and gave a nod in their direction, "they have the right idea, a proper puff on a pipe would bring this night to a fine closing."

He took his pipe out from a pocket of his bag along with a small pouch, stuffing the contents into the large end of his pipe. "This is the stuff I was tellin' you I got from my guy over in Tookland. Almost out of it though, this is the last of what I have and I'll probably have to head over to get some more sometime soon," Flóki said to both Raina and Gaea as he tossed the pouch into the middle of the table in a gesture for them to take some. He lit his pipe; which had a fairly long stem and a large bowl that was square on three sides except the front, that was rounded with a carving a bearded old man faintly marked into it that faded into chevron shapes that engulfed with other sides. After taking some big puffs on his pipe to be able to produce large amount of smoke, Flóki began rapidly shooting out a stream of small smoke rings and leisurely sat farther back into his chair.
finnr_sig
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Nithron watched his sister, now satisfied with his tale, go on up the stairs. He had decided to stay down a bit longer. He, unlike many of the Dunedain, longed for companionship, but that could be because he was so young. Slowly he stood and walked over to the table where the small party had gathered.
"It seems as if I was in the wrong place," he said, "may I join you?"
The firelight flickered and the shadows danced on the wall.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"Ah, Floki, I will join you in a bit of smoke this evening. I will add some to yours." Raina reached into her pouch and put a small packet on the table. "This is what I go to the Shire to seek." She pulled out a small pipe, not nearly as fine as Floki's but it suited her.

"Gaea, will you join us?" Raina asked as she put some of the leaf in the bowl of her pipe. She looked at Floki and could not help but smile. "You have always made the most wonderful of smoke rings, my friend. None can compare to yours. Although there is talk of a wizard who can actually make a ship from his smoke. I do not think I believe that tale."

Raina lit her pipe as she noticed a ranger approaching the table. The ranger paused before he asked if he could join them. Without hesitating, Raina said, Of course you may join us." She looked to Surdoc. "Kind sir, please bring fresh beverage to our table and perhaps another plate of fruit and cheese."

This promised to be an interesting evening. The quiet lull of voices filled the room as the fire burned brightly. Raina looked at the ranger as he pulled out a chair and sat down. She spoke to him. "We are Gaea, Floki and I am Raina. Who might you be and from where do you hail?"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"I would love to join you, but I have no pipe," Gaea said, rising. "And I will get us some food and drink. I do believe we have some wine in the cellar, sent here from the Woodland Realm, by the scent."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"I wander Middle Earth, I am Nithron," he said puffing at his pipe.
"I would love to join you, but I have no pipe." the serving girl said.
"Here I have an extra," he replied.
He drew a plain wooden pipe with a long handle out of his pack.
"Here," he offered holding it out.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gaea tentatively took the pipe from the stranger she had moments ago feared. She lay it on the table and said, "I will be back shortly with food and drink."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Raina watched Gaea as the girl hurried off to get food and drink. She pushed her packet of leaf towards the ranger. "Here, try some of this. It is from the Shire and that is where I will be going soon. Have you been there?"

She could not help but laugh at all the smoke rings Floki was making. "You have become quite proficient with those rings, my friend. Now if you could only join them all together."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Here I have some South Farthing that I bought not to long ago," Nithron said placing a pouch on the table. "I have been to the Shire many times."
He watched the Dwarf blow smoke rings across the room. The girl came back bearing the food and drinks and for a moment everything was quiet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"South Farthing?" Raina reached for the pouch. "I am going to the Shire when I leave this place.

Gaea returned with refreshments. "Come sit, Gaea. Surely, there is no more for you to do this night. Come, enjoy the rest of the evening." said Raina.

All was still. Soft voices spoke in the near darkness of the firelit room.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gaea took the pipe in her hand and used a bit of flame to light it. Smoke filled her mouth, and she coughed.
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
"You have become quite proficient with those rings, my friend. Now if you could only join them all together." said Raina to Flóki who raised his eyebrows with a smile that you could faintly see past his pipe and beard. Leaning back in his chair, he inhaled a large puff of smoke Flóki let loose a row of smoke rings that arched out and down towards the table and he watched them judging their distance then suddenly he shot a quick puff of smoke that sailed through all of them like an arrow through targets. "Aye, I've had some time to practice with my rings quite a bit." Flóki said and noticed Gaea approaching again with some mugs and food. Flóki grabbed a mug and began drinking while Gaea puffed on the stranger's pipe and began to cough; pulling his mug away from his mouth Flóki gave a slight chuckle.
finnr_sig
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Remember to blow the smoke out," Nithron said smiling, "I learned the same thing when I first set my lips around a pipe."
He reached for a mug and drank quietly.
"You are indeed talented with those smoke rings Floki."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Raina clapped with delight at Floki's smoke rings. "Indeed you must have had time to practice, my friend."

She reached for her pipe and added a bit of Nithron's South Farthing. A pleasant aroma soon filled the air.

Gaea's coughing faded away and all that could be heard were soft voices and the crackling of the fire.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
It was dark. Gudrith had always hated darkness. It made him cringe with fear at every sound, his heart beating wildly and threatening to jump out of his chest.
Not that the sounds themselves were scary, or the completely innocent bugs, rodents, or wooden boards that created them. No.
Darkness always reminded him of his father.

Gudrith pulled his wet woolen cloak tighter about his thin shoulders. Something was following him through the forest, he was sure of it. Yet, whenever he'd look back over his shoulder, the noise would cease.

He walked on. It was all he could do. Sometimes it felt like he had been on the run for an eternity. Always moving forward, never stopping for more than a few hours that were barely enough to get some sleep... And even when he did manage to close his eyes, his dreams were dark and haunted.

Gudrith pulled a fist and pressed it hard against his stomach. It used to help when he was so hungry it hurt. However, this time he had not dared to stop to try and find a handful of berries or leaves in the forest.

Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud.

There it was again! Cold shivers shook the boy as he looked back. He started running.

It was a short run. After a couple dozen steps, he had to stop, panting. His vision was blurring, and dark dots were dancing before his eyes, as his ears started to ring.

What was it ahead? Light?

He had always been avoiding people, or elves, or any other living creature. He had always been longing for the warmth and the brightness of light in the windows of houses, whenever he'd walk past them.

Thud-Thud. Thud-Thud.

It was getting closer!

"No. I won't return," he whispered to himself, as he took the first decisive step towards the house, the light, and the voices inside. He was terrified, terrified he'd be turned away, or worse - handed right back over to his father. But he had to try. With a shaking hand, Gudrith knocked on the door.
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Surdoc started up when a loud knock woke him from a light slumber. Rubbing his eyes he opened the door to see a young man shivering.
"Come in stranger," he said gesturing towards the fire with his hand.

((I wasn't sure what race your character is or how old he is so tell me if I need to edit))
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
((Sorry, I should have given a little more info))
((you see a tall thin youth who has not been getting any decent meals for a longer while now, dressed in ragged clothing that was once all black, a hounted expression on his face))

Gudrith stared at the small person before him with huge eyes. It had been just too easy, just too fast. Was he really being invited in? Or was it some trick just to lure him in?
But the fire, the warmth was just so inviting, and the darkness outside so... well... dark...
A horse neighed somewhere, and Gudrith cast a quick glance over his shoulder. He could have sworn he saw a dark rider's figure against the sky where the road was, so he decided to leave all his questions for later, and gladly accepted the invitation.
"Th-thank you," he said, stepping inside cautiously. He barely looked around, keeping his eyes on the floor, and hurried to the nearest darker corner where he sat down on the floor and hugged his knees. Only then did he dare to look up.

[Edited on 09/05/2014 by Nifredil]
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
The young man had definitely not eaten a square meal in days Surdoc decided. He looked out the door trying to decide what the man seemed afraid of but there was only the darkness and a pale sickly moon. He turned to see the man in a dark corner far away from the fire.
"Would you like something to eat boy?" Surdoc asked.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Gudrith looked up surprised. His stomach grumbled in response, as he tried to press his fist down on it again.
"What will you want in return? I have no money to pay you."
In the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"No worries lad I'll take care of it."
Surdoc returned with a still hot bowl of stew, some bread, and a mug of ale. He sat these down in front of the man.
"So where are you from?"
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
The boy stared at him with suspicious eyes, distrusting this sudden generosity. But there was no malice in the small man with the merry eyes that were very blue. Also, his rounded belly and graying curls had a surprisingly soothing effect.
And the food smelled so lovely...
Gudrith's hands reached for the pot with the stew. So wonderfully hot, it sat comfortably in the youth's cold hands. The first spoonful of the stew was soon followed by others, and while Gudrith did wonder for a bit whether he would regret having accepted the food without having agreed on the price beforehand, his stomach had a different opinion. The hot food filling the boy's empty belly, a sense of peace settled upon him.
The ale was another treat, and while Gudrith sipped on it, he mulled over the answer he was to give the small man sitting patiently with him on the floor.
"I'm from the south," he decided to reveal, "and I have travelled quite far." He took another sip and mustered the courae to ask: "Who are you? Are you simply small, or..." he couldn't find the correct words.
In the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Surdoc laughed, "Why I'm a Hobbit, the little folk you know," he said winking at the boy. "You must be new here if you go a little bit further you will find many of my folk especially in the Shire."
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
"I've never heard of such a place," Gudrith said staring at the hobbit with huge eyes. "What is it like? What are the people like?"
In the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Lots of fields filled with barley and wheat, vegetables of all kinds, we have orchards there, and of course the pipe-weed but that is mostly grown in the South Farthing and Tookland. Oh the people are like me, though some are shorter and others are a bit taller. Every Hobbit will sit down in their favorite Inn and have a mug of ale at the end of the day. I haven't been to the Shire in a long time," Surdoc said looking out the dark window.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Gudrith listened to the hobbit with a dreamy expression.
"It sounds so nice... Is it far from here? Could I walk there?"
In the Realm of Ulmo
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email