Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Yes, but it would take a day or two," Surdoc answered. "I've got to go there in a few days, I've let my supply of South Farthing run low."
=========================
Nithron blew smoke lazily. It was time for him to retire.
"Well I must go to my room it has been a pleasant evening."
He approached the Hobbit to pay for a room. His boots clicking on the wooden floor.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Raina looked up and noticed a newcomer entering the pub. He looked thin and hungry and she was pleased to see Surdoc serving the lad a nice hot meal.

Everyone seemed to be lost in their own thoughts. Voices were at a low murmur and Raina gave some thought to going outside. She loved the night sky. The Elf maiden stood up and stretched. "I am going to get some fresh air and I will go to the stable to tell my horse goodnight." she said to those at the table.

She nodded at Surdoc and the boy as she pushed open the heavy door and stepped out into the cool night air.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
"A day or two?" Gudrith almost laughed. "It's so close!"

A tall woman stood up, attracting the youth's attention. As she stapped outside, nodding at him, he wound himself blushing, and quickly hid his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A dark-clad figure jumped off a tired-looking horse in the yard. Having quickly thethered the horse to a post, the figure stood watching the door that had just opened and the slender female that had just exited.

[Edited on 09/16/2014 by Nifredil]
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gaea continued to go around to other tables, taking care of the customers who remained. The taste of smoke was still heavy in her mouth.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The cool night air felt good on the Elf maiden's face as she stepped outside. The door closed behind her and she began to follow the path to the stable. The moon shone brightly overhead and helped to light her way. Raina looked up and through a break in the trees she saw hundreds, no thousands, of stars.

I have always loved the night sky. It must have been truly wonderful to have been Firstborn and the first to see the tiny lanterns hanging in the sky.

Raina arrived at the stable and entered. The smell of alfalfa reached her nose and she sneezed. Several horses were in stalls and she walked among them until she found her horse. She opened the door to his stall, went in, and was pleased to see that he was well taken care of. "Alarca, I wanted to tell you goodnight. It seems this pub is very accommodating and we shall stay here for several days before we go to the Shire." The horse neighed and pushed his nose against her face. "No, I am not sleeping here with you. A fine bed awaits me inside but first I wanted to tend to you." Raina made sure Alarca had fresh water and food before she left to return to the pub.

She stepped back into the night air but instead to going to the pub, she turned and followed a different path. It seemed to be leading to the nearby river. She could hear the water as it made it's way over rocks and boulders and she quickened her steps. Raina moved among the trees and finally found herself at the water's edge. The moon overhead was shining brightly and cast a soft glow on the rapidly moving water.

It is so refreshing to be outside. I will sit here for a while. Raina sat on the ground and leaned back so she could better see the stars.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Nithron paid the Hobbit then stepped outside to check on Cornix and Nightmare. He spotted a man, his clothes dark and mysterious, but he couldn't judge. He himself was often viewed with suspicion.
"Good evening stranger."
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
Flóki jumped awake, startled from a burn on his thumb that was received unknowingly setting it on his pipe. Blast! Must have fallen asleep smoking my pipe again he thought to himself and looking around he noticed that the others had all already gotten up from the table, although Gaea was the only one he actually saw. "Well I guess it's time for proper sleep," he muttered to himself under his breath as he stuffed the pipe back into his pack and hopped out of the chair. Walking towards the stairs and passing Surdoc, Flóki put up his hand for a gestured wave and told him, "See you in the morning I suppose" and continued to his room.
finnr_sig
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Surdoc yawned and stood up.
"Back to work if that was a horse I heard in the courtyard we have another guest."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gaea inwardly groaned. She was far too tired to tend to someone else, but it was her job to do so. The door slowly opened.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
It was Nithron not another guest that stepped inside. He nodded to Gaea and Surdoc before ascending the stairs. Surdoc went over to Gaea.
"Why don't you call it a night I can handle things down here till the Elf returns."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"I do believe that I will," Gaea said. "I will be up in the morning to start breakfast for our guests."

She went to her room and fell into slumber.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Surdoc sat back in his favorite chair by the fire. Slowly his head dropped and his eyelids closed in sleep.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Raina stayed outside until the moon almost reached the horizon. She stood up and began to go back to the inn but first she wanted to stop at the stables to check on her horse.

She entered the stable and smelled the fresh scent of hay and alfalfa. Her horse was in the last stall and she walked past many horses before she reached the end. Alarca whinnied as she drew near. "Good boy," she said to him as she hugged his neck. "I just wanted to bid you goodnight. I am not sure how long we will stay at the pub but in the morning, we will go for a ride." A final hug and Raina left her horse.

She opened the door to the pub quietly so as not to disturb anyone. The innkeeper was sleeping in his chair so Raina went to help herself to a pint of ale before she retired to her room.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dawn came and Surdoc woke, very disapointed for he was dreaming about a very delicious mushroom soup. But he soon got over this and busied himself about the kitchen. The old hound dog returned, yesterday being too busy for him, and lay on his favorite rug.
======

Outside a mysterious stranger lurked. Waiting.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gaea woke up early and returned to the kitchen. Yawning, she started a pot of water to boil, setting aside some dry tea leaf, she could tell my the smell.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Animals jerked away from him in terror as he searched the stalls. No there was no Elf maid here, but her horse stood unflinchingly in one of the stalls. Growling he stepped hesitantly towards the inn then retreated. There could be anyone in that pub and he only wanted the she elf.
TiannaofNugyta
Council Member
Send Message
Post New Day at the Pub
on: May 05, 2015 01:05
Alterana trudged through the pouring rain. Her black mare, Araniel, had come up lame this morning and the young Ranger had decided against riding her. She flicked her dripping hair out of her eyes and squinted up at the sky, trying to catch a glimpse of her falcon, Sira. Not seeing anything but rain she looked back down at the path that was slick with mud.

"Araniel, we need to find some shelter," she said, ignoring the fact that she was talking to a horse. "What I wouldn't give for a hot meal and a warm bed tonight." she said somewhat wistfully. The girl had been looking for her missing sister Morvana for a month now with no luck. The two had gone on different missions with the Rangers and Morvana's entire group had disappeared.

Alterana had tried hard not to get discouraged but after a month of no news she was beginning to lose hope. Looking down the path, she saw a light in the distance. Excited, she tried to pull Araniel faster down the path. The horse obliged willingly, sensing her master's hurry.

Soon the Ranger could make out the form of an inn through the pouring rain. Breathing a silent prayer of thanks to whichever of the Valar was watching over her, she went the last several yards to the front of the inn. The sign swinging from the front read 'The Dragon's Breath'

Alterana led Araniel into the dry stable and put her in a vacant stall, making sure she had plenty of hay and water. She ran her hand down the horse's leg and was satisfied with the healing process.

Walking back outside, she whistled sharply and waited for a moment before her falcon landed gently on her shoulder. Smiling in anticipation of being dry for the first time all day, Alterana walked through the door of the Dragon's Breath.

[Edited on 05/06/2015 by TiannaofNugyta]

[Edited on 05/09/2015 by TiannaofNugyta]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Surdoc glanced up from wiping the counter as Hobb let out a low bark and the door opened revealing a hooded figure.
"Good evening!" he called cheerfully, "how can I help you?"

((oops its night..))

[Edited on 05/09/2015 by Cenor]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
From the kitchen, Gaea heard the door to the tavern open. It was still early in the morning for new incoming customers. But, still being new to the business, she thought that it may be a busy season. Or perhaps there was a festival in town.

She poured her tea and added no cream or sugar, sipping quietly.
TiannaofNugyta
Council Member
Send Message
Alterana walked into the brightly lit room and flipped her dripping wet hood back, letting her curly red hair fall around her face. Sira, perched lightly on her shoulder, chirped at the dog that had barked when they came in.

"Good evening!" a cheerful voice said, "how can I help you?"

The young Ranger glanced around and saw a Hobbit standing behind the counter looking at her. She walked over and flashed him a tired smile. "If it wouldn't be too much trouble sir, I would greatly appreciate a room and a hot meal."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gaea heard the new customers request and lit a bigger fire on the stove. She hunted around in the cupboard and took out a bowl of eggs. She cracked them into a pan to fry, and then looked around for some milk.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Gladly," Surdoc answered.
Noticing Gaea gathering ingredients, he lingered at the counter to talk with the new stranger wondering what news she would have from the outside world.
"So what brings you to these parts miss?" he asked lightheartedly.
TiannaofNugyta
Council Member
Send Message
Alterana felt hope swell in her heart at the Hobbit's question. He was an innkeeper, perhaps he knew something of her sister. "I am looking for my sister," she said tentatively. "Have you seen another girl who looks just like me? Her hair is longer than mine," the young Ranger explained, trying not to let her hopes get too high.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"No..can't say that I have," Surdoc answered, "I'm sorry miss. But you might ask one of my guests, they come from all over Arda, they might have heard of something."
TiannaofNugyta
Council Member
Send Message
Alterana's face fell. "Oh, well thanks anyway," she said sadly, dropping her gaze to her hands. "So...do you own this inn?" She knew it wasn't the most brilliant of questions, but Alterana wasn't sure what else to say.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
The chill rain fell steady and Derieana was miserable. She lay close to Cloudmist who seemed to thrive in the dismal cold. She had set out west because she wanted to see the ocean, but looking at a map in Rivendell was one thing. Traveling the roads were quite another. Her confidence had faded with each mile, for she was ill prepared for this weather. So it was a relief to see smoke arising in the distance.

She drew closer, and found the smoke was coming from the chimney of a place called The Dragon’s Breath. Quite an ominous name she thought, but it was likely to be warm and dry inside. Leaving Cloudmist to be attended in the stable, she made her way to the door.

Pushing it open, Derieana peered in. She had never been to a place like this before, so her curiosity was lifted. The warmth of the air felt good on her face, so she let the door close. Pushing back the hood of her sodden elven cloak, she walked slowly toward the bar. Nodding to the woman who stood there before the proprietor, Derieana was intrigued by her lovely red hair. But she turned her eyes away so she didn’t appear rude. She looked at the proprietor, and asked,

”My pardon for interrupting, but I would like to hire a room for the night. Do you have one available? If not, May I sit by your fireplace for a time?”

Derieana swallowed, hoping she was acting proper. She had a lot to learn about the wide world.

[Edited on 01/04/2020 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"So...do you own this inn?"

"Yes miss, the Dragon's Breath is my own, built with my own two hands," Surdoc answered. "Now, would you like a drink?"
He turned as a new person entered, another lady, perhaps of a race near Bree. He nodded his head and shot her an inquisitive look.
"My pardon for interrupting, but I would like to hire a room for the night. Do you have one available? If not, May I sit by your fireplace for a time?”
"Yes, I have a room, you are always welcome to my fire. Would you like anything to eat?"
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
"Eat? Yes... thank you! If I could get some hot tea I would be forever indebted."

Derieana said as she smiled and looked around the room. She gave Alterana a polite nod as she turned and removed her cloak, revealing a fine muted green dress. It was darker down her back where the water soaked its way through her cloak. Her long silken sleeves clung fast to her arms as drops of water fell from them. She walked to the fire and after hanging her cloak from a peg near it, she stood in front of it with her hands out. Sitting down on the hearth, the warmth felt good. She felt fortunate to have found this inn.

[Edited on 01/04/2020 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gaea set a meal before the girl at the counter as well as a new customer sitting near the fire. Surdoc was now crossing off another room in his ledger, and Gaea noticed that there were only three more available. Would the proprietor throw her out to make room for another customer?
alwynweiss
Council Member
Send Message
I HAVE BEEN HERE AND LIKE BEER!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Durian came in and saw the place was rather empty. He got himself an aged stout from the tapped keg and went over to see if he could rekindle a fire in the great stone hearth.
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
The door creaked open slightly, then quickly shut. A few moments later, it opened again, and a tall hooded figure entered the inn with an armful of firewood and twigs.

Mírnoril crouched down in front of the fireplace and deposited the wood into a nearby basket.

"Would you like any assistance?"
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
"Durian turned when the door opened and closed, and was standing when it opened again. When the tall hooded figure entered with an arm full of reasonably dry wood, Durian relaxed. He eyed the person and when they spoke he nodded, saying, "I've got some embers going with my flint. Your twigs are just the thing it needs."

He turned and sat back down on the hearth and took a few of the twigs and set them before taking a deep breath and blowing in the embers, getting a small flame to erupt.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email