Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
Post Any newbies interested in the Roleplay forum?
on: June 08, 2014 06:40
One of our new members, going by the name Cenor has, as a way of learning to RP, started a new newbie pub in the Tolkien Related forum.
So far I'm the only other person to join in, and I was hoping that a few other newbies might be interested in joining the story and adding a post every day or so. The Newbie pub is a good place to get the feel of pretending to be a character and acting as that character would act.

At this point my character has just reached the pub, but has not yet entered it. Depending on my schedule, I'm going to try and add a post every day or so.
Please note that to a newbie, there may seem to be a lot of rules in the RP forums but as soon as I can I will be combining the RP forums and loosening up the content restrictions.
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
is there going to be an OOC for this so users can introduce their potential characters and what not?
finnr_sig
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Finnr,
Thank for reminding me I'll start an OOC thread.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
I would love to start RPing but I'm not sure where to start. Any advice?
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Well start in the Newbie Pub . First you create your character in the RPG forum (or on paper) then introduce them in the new OOC thread for the Dragon's Breath. Then jump in (literally if you like)in the pub as your character. Order food drink or a bed. You can converse with other players. But before all of this remember to read the RP rules. Once you get better you can look to join other RP threads. Any more questions?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
Not right now, but I might in the future.
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
hawkling
Council Member
Send Message
i would love to do it
Middle Earth or Bust!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, hawkling, and welcome to CoE!

Please check out the RP forum, or message myself or Cenor at the top of this page, or PBHF at the very top. We would be glad to answer any of your questions.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Estel Telcontar
Council Member
Send Message
I would love to come sneaking in
fool_of_a_took_12
Council Member
Send Message
I would love to start role playing on the RP forum, but the whole process seems a bit overwhelming. I have tons of ideas for characters, but all of the different rules makes it seem too complicated to join. Can someone please help me?
Lembas! One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man!
meganjoe45
Council Member
Send Message
I am interested.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Meganjoe45, you've posted a reply to a thread started 5 years ago and that hasn't seen activity since 2018. So I fear you won't get many replies. If you are interested in roleplaying, I suggest you have a look at our Roleplaying forum.
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
ArwenLegolas
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
I as m definitely not a Newbie, but I would be interested in RPGing
Tiro nin Elbereth
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email