Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Finally have my character sheet up! Will try to intro myself in as well this evening.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Eldarion. You have a well rounded character.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you much! I put in a quick post to at least place Iorveth in town. No real interaction yet, but I didn't think a marketplace seemed suitable. We'll see where it goes from here. (:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to OBB, Eldarion! I love your writing style!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Wonderful intro post, Eldarion. We will somehow get you dragged along into this somehow.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Got a quick post in before I have to start my day! Already starting to drag myself into your little quest. I spoke with Eruwestiel and our characters Iorveth and Ithilwen have a bit of a past together, you could say. That way we all have a reason to go to Gondor!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
So glad you decided to join us Eldarion! You were on CoE way before my time, but I am so glad you came back. I love your writing style as well, and am very excited to see where we will end up.

I'm very glad I was able to join this RP. It has been very fun so far, and I love it when a burst of inspiration hits.

Can't wait to see more posts from the rest of you!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
You've just reminded me that I've been on CoE for like...ten years now? An entire decade! Oh wow, I'm old. Thanks for having me everyone.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im glad to see that much of the backstory is being worked in, here. Well done, everybody!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
I'm itching to get another post into this thread, but I'll wait for Eruwestiel before I do so! Maybe... (;
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Dear me, I feel quite pressured now!

I shall attempt to post soon. I'm busy cleaning and packing for a weekend trip with my family, but I hope to get a post in tonight.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Eruwestiel and I are leaving for a couple days...see y'all next week!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
THE PLOT THICKENS! Got mah post in and I'll leave the rest up to you, findemaxam!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Eldarion. You can call me Maxie.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
WE'RE BACK!! Miss us??

Oh, this is getting good y'all!

[Edited on 08/18/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Of course I missed you.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
But YOU, dearest, talked to me while I was away!

I finally got to post again.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Everything is looking good...
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
My character has finally introduced herself.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
I'll wait to see who volunteers to help Iorveth before I post. Don't want to get too far ahead.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I changed my last post a bit. I hope we can get this RP rolling a little faster.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Got a post up! Sorry it took so long!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Its ok! I may be infrequent on here but I will do my best. School is back in swing.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Hello!

Do you have room for one more? When I read about the thread, I instantly thought of one of my first and less-played characters - Rovan. He's a Rohan man, a widower, and a deserter of King Eomer's army, with a fierce hatred of orcs. He knows Rohan plains perfectly well, so he might be able to suggest a shortcut to mushrooms.... oops! Shortcut to trouble, that is But he's rather unsociable for undersandable reasons (being a deserter and such), so I'd have to get him in a pretty serious situation in order for somebody to help him out, and make him feel he owes them...

Does this sound good? Will you have me? *puppy eyes*
~Nif
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It is the least I can do for a realm-mate, Nifredil. Welcome back to the CoE! We are glad to have you in OBB.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
yay! *does a happy dance*

Here's Rovan's full character sheet:

Rovan (Nifredil)
Race: man
Height: 1.86 m
Family: none anymore (that he considers family, that is)
Animals: A dark brown horse Anto
Weapons: Several throwing daggers, a long battle knife, a bow

Personality: Rovan is a very stubborn young man who tends never to give up. He always finishes what he has started and gets what he wants, even if it means working hard for several years to achieve something. He learns new things and skills swiftly, but always measures what he really needs. Being very lonely in his childhood, he carried all the love he could give deep in his heart until he fell in love with Faldin, his future wife. Then he opened up and showed how loving, caring and warm he could be. But after Faldin's death he became cold and cruel, knowing no mercy and caring for nobody's pain. But he is trying hard not to let his true nature out of the shell he has locked it in. All he is living for now, is revenge.

Appearance: Rovan is quite tall, broad-shouldered and slender. He has dark blond hair and fair complexion, he is very handome although has a rough appearance. His eyes are dark grey and cold, as two grey stones. He never smiles, nor laughs, his lips are always tightly pressed together. He looks older than he really is because he always frowns. His outfit is that of a Rider of Rohan, but well-worn.

History:

Born in Horun, a village in Rohan, Rovan was the eldest child in a family of 6 children, the other 5 being girls. He doesn't remember his parents or sisters too well, since all of them perished in an orc-raid. As the only surviver, he was taken in by his neighbor. Since very early age he knew hard work on the field, and his adoptive father was teaching him his handicraft – pottery. The boy loved horses, thouh, and managed to steel time to go to another neighbour’s who grew excellent steeds. There Rovan did the worst jobs just to be allowed to ride. He learned from Emmon, the horsekeeper, the ways of understanding a horse, and soon became a pretty good horseman. At the age of 16 he lay his eyes on Faldin, Emmon’s daughter, but they didn’t get the permission to get married for 4 years. But they were ready to wait however long it took, if necessary. When finally they were wed, they lived happily for a year, when a group of orcs attacked Horun village. Faldin was killed, and so was the baby she was carrying, but she cut several fingers off the orc’s right hand before she died. Rovan started a chase, but the orcs escaped thanks to heavy rain. Then he joined King Eomer’s Riders hoping to find the mutilated orc, but he never did. Some time later he heard of the orc and went after him, disobeying a direct orders of his captain, and became a deserter, who couldn’t enter any city on the penalty of death. The orc he didn’t find then, and continued his everlasting pursuit…
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
*Pounces on the person above me* NIFREDIL!!!! I haven't seen you in absolute ages!!

Welcome to OBB!
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Guilty as charged!

Thank you for the warm welcome

OK, so me and Eruwestiel_Evensong have come up with a plausible introduction of Rovan:

After encountering a band of orcs that proved a little too much of a challenge, he got away, just barely, with a deep nasty cut in his side. He's lost too much blood and slips in and out of consciousness, and his horse is taking him to get help.

There, the plan is ready! Come and save him, hunter girls!

[Edited on 09/04/2014 by Nifredil]
In the Realm of Ulmo
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to OBB, Nifredil! So glad you joined us!!

Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Ok, my first post is up I hope you like it! By the way, the horse should be battle trained, so it is most likely it stands still and waits.
In the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It is very good, Nif! May I call you Nif,or would you prefer your full Council name?
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
How do you guys feel about my use of Elvish in the healing post? I thought maybe I should change it and just say Ithilwen sang the words in Elvish and then have it in English. It is the song "Evenstar" from The Two Towers. Here are the words in English:

'It's not the end, it is the beginning.
You mustn't falter now.
If you don't trust it, trust something.
Trust this, trust this, trust,
Trust this, trust love.
You trust something, trust this.'
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
The song is beautiful, Eruwestiel, and it fits just lovely! Especially in Sindarin

And it's perfectly OK to call me Nif.
In the Realm of Ulmo
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I agree with Nif.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Hi!

Heel free to sit down and eat, and to start the discussion regarding what to do with Rovan, he'll wake up at the most convenient point to protest against being taken into the town
In the Realm of Ulmo
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email