Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Um...doing the math, I think it's about 2:00 PM, not almost night. But we can just fast forward, I guess.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Or we can completely disregard the time completely.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Either way.

Alrighty, sorry I didn't get around to posting this sooner...

After talking to Maxie and a couple other members of this RP, we decided to add something to OBB: When our company arrives at Gondor, it will be under siege, or just being attacked by Orcs, I am not sure which. Now, either the Orcs somehow organized themselves and attacked Gondor because they knew it would be weak with the sickness that was spreading or perhaps there is a human or some dark figure leading them.

What do y'all think of this idea?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Oops! Should have checked the time myself, sorry!
Do you want me to edit and have it be bright and sunny day?
And finding Gondor under siege would be fun! I'd rather go with orcs having organized themselves, rather than a human leading them. Too mainstream for me Why not have orcs smarter, more cunning and dangerous? I hate them being pictured as a stupid stinking black crowd.
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
We might as well have it be night. Ithilwen and Nym could have been gone longer than they realized.

Just orcs sounds fine to me as well. At least the Uruk Hai would be fairly smart. After all, they had been elves.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, night sounds good.

Very true. I kind of doubt that a human would be much good at organizing the Orcs anyway.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Um... If my Simarillion history is still correct, Morgoth created orcs from elves, keepig them in captivity underground for ages, torturing them and using black magic on them.
Saruman, however, seeked to improve orcs, so he mixed them with humans - and this is how urukhai came to be.
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Sounds good!

When we pass through AnĂ³rien I would like to "pick up" Eadwine's siste. I'm thinking the journey will last a week or so.

One question: how are we going to get in the besiged Gondor? We could do gorrila warfar attacking foraging parties, creating sorties at night, etc.

[Edited on 09/13/2014 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
P.S Tolkien never said Orcs were not intelligent, just corrupted. So we can for sure work with that.

Hm, it's not closed off, just under Orc control. Plus, Mosaic has already voiced her opinion of violence, and she doesn't think that there is any danger.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Could you clarify "Orc Control" ? I can't find any in our local Walmart pest spray area.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Nifredil, I was just going off what they said in the movie. Sadly I have never read the Simarillion.

But yes, they will have to "sneak into" the White City if the orcs are there when they arrive. Or at least Ithilwen will have to, because Elrond needs the fever cure. And even if the siege began after they arrived, they will need reinforcements.

[Edited on 09/13/2014 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Muster the Rohirrim!"
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Ha, Ha. "Orc control." Very funny, Cenor.

[Edited on 09/13/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
I think with a party this small, stealth would be our only option. Not sure how we would accomplish this...maybe a secret mountain pass? I thought somewhere there was a path into the mountains from the burial grounds? Any insight into this? I don't have time at the moment to check lore.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I'm not sure but a city like that would have an escape rout I think.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
It is right by the mountains, so that would make sense. I don't know if Tolkien mentioned that or not.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
The escape rout of Mindollin.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I shall rephrase: Under Orc Ruling, Government, etc.

Yes. Stealth, there's the word. It would be impossible for a band this small to overpower Orcs. So the pass we take.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Wait...Gondor is under Orc power...that means the Orcs rule it? So we set up a Resistance?
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Wait... Gondor is totally overrun? Or just under siege???
In the Realm of Ulmo
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Just under siege would be best I think. Orcs would have no reason to keep any humans alive, especially sick ones.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, I think under siege or being attacked is better.

[Edited on 09/16/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Under siege would be better Gondor wouldn't be there if Orcs ruled it. They are worse than Nazis.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Worse than Nazis? Just like Soviet Communists then
In the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Nifredil said:Worse than Nazis? Just like Soviet Communists then

Yes, precisely.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Correct.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Damn. Then let's not allow them to take Minas Tirith (that being the capital of Gondor, folks), all right?
Maybe we can observe them and guess at their tactics to strike at one particular place while creating a diversion elsewhere. Somebody knows a back door to get in - a most scary tunnel, if possible, please! - we warn the defendors of the White City... And voila! We are heroes!

... And Rovan has to run, for he is still a deserter in the law's eyes.....

[Edited on 09/17/2014 by Nifredil]
In the Realm of Ulmo
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Great idea Nif! This just keeps getting better and better!
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you
By the way, how did you like the part where Rovan mistook Iorveth for a woman? I must admit I was giggling to myself

I want to say I absolutely adore Eldarion's ability to describe the surroundings and involve them in the story. It gets so much richer.

And Song is so good at conveying Ithilwen's elven wisdom and composed nature.

Both of your characters are so very... damn elven! Very well done!

And the others are so endearingly human... Nym reacts and interacts in a very subtle way without being too obvious about what is Ravenlock's OOC knowledge, Maxie's Mosaic is wonderfully straightforward with her emotions and actions, and poor Eadwine is caught in between all those sudden events and totally justifies his description about being likeable and wanting to be of help.

It is a pleasure to write in your company, guys! I hope I got all your names and char names right, because I'm on my phone and can't check the thread... But I hope you get my meaning!

~Nif
In the Realm of Ulmo
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Good to see everyone is enjoying this thread as much as I am! Particularly the part of Iorveth being mistaken for an elf-woman. (;

I wanted to get a much lengthier post out, but I'm a bit rushed and only had time to address the last few posts and have Iorveth provide his opinion on the situation. Hopefully that will suffice until a few more of you reply and I can write up something more substantial.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
That part was pretty funny Nifredil. I can easily see how that might happen, especially to someone that is still a bit out of it.

That you for the compliment as well. I wish I was better at describing scenery like Eldarion (because you are awesome at it!), but it's good to have a mix of writing styles to add diversity.

I do agree with the others being "endearingly human". I thought about making Ithilwen's flaws more apparent and adding more of them, but that really isn't like most Elves. But we'll see what happens down the road.

It is indeed a pleasure to write with all of you. My first role play is shaping up to be a wonderful one because of you guys.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Raises glass of sweet tea* Here here!

Aw, thanks Nif. I'm loving your Rovan.

I'm so glad the first RP I've been in has been with such awesome incredible people.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Nif. About spelling, do you know how LONG it took me to spell Mosaic correctly? I was so relieved when Mareth wished for her character to be called Nym. As for the others, except Rovan, I still can't spell without looking back.

By the way how long will it take to get to Gondor and will there be any skirmishes on the way? Oh and would Mosaic acept a slingshot?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Perhaps. She is pretty much disgusted with war and violence whatsoever.

I am loving the way that this is reading! Great job, everybody! I look forward to September 22nd with such a lovely group of you all.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hmmmm maybe if I tried to convince her that she could just use it for hunting.

I know Hobbit Day! I'm on a countdown, something which I haven't even done for Christmas.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email