Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Posted. Sorry, it's kind of a crummy post...didn't have time for a better one. :/
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Hobbit Day? ....
I must have missed something. What happens on September 22nd?
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
HAPPY HOBBIT DAY!!!!!!!!!

Hobbit Day is the anniversary of Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday. By the way does anyone know if there is a Lord of the Rings Day???
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I don't think so. Perhaps.

Everything is looking good.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
It has been such a busy week for me! I manged to post tonight, however. Not as much as I intended, once again, but I suppose right now it's all just making ready to leave finally. ONWARD!
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
I'm going on a vacation for two weeks tomorrow!!! Ah, I'm so excited, I haven't had a real vacation years...

Anyway, I'll try to get online and type a post or two, but I can't promise anything really.
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, I hope you have a marvelous vacation, Nif!

I'm sorry I haven't been able to get a post up for awhile...it seems every time I try, either I can't think of anything to write or I get interrupted and forget about it. :/ I am attempting to compose a post now. Hopefully I can get it up relatively soon.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Hey guys! Cenor was telling me about this RP and I must say it looks like a pretty awesome one. Are y'all interested in another member?

There's just one thing...I'd really love to be an orc. Actually, what I most want to be is an orc with several fingers chopped off. I'm just not sure if that's ok with you all. ?? Would you just kill me after my first post?
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I think that sounds perfect, OneSizeFitsAll! I think the addition of "baddies" will make our character's quest much more challenging and interesting. So no, we will not kill you after your first post unless your grammar is unbearably terrible (jk).

We will have to see what Madam Maxie has to say.

[Edited on 09/29/2014 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
It could be an interesting dynamic to have an orc adversary trailing us on the journey. I'm okay with it!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Indeed! I love this idea.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Gem and I talked sooooo...
Rovans a bit too weak to take vengence so what if a party of orcs attack our group? We take an orc (Gem's) prisoner because orcs are supposed to be in hiding. It would be (after questioning) the first time we learn of Gondor's plight.
How about it?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Depends on how it's done. Orcs aren't exactly known for cooperating and giving up helpful information. But it could work.

Would Gem's orc be the one Rovan's after?
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Ooooh yes, Shell. *evil grin*
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hm, but, wait, wait. Didn't we say we wanted Gondor to be somewhat Orc controlled? How would we work an Orc in with our party in a realistic way? I would love to have an Orc though.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I thought we decided that Gondor would be under attack? Well we would want information, as I said orcs aren't supposed to be in war parties, yes we believe that they are fleeing and will attack strangers that get in their way but an organized party would take us off guard right?
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Oooooh, nasty!

You do realize Rovan would do anything to kill that orc right where he stands, right?
Did you want to have that orc join the party? It wold be quite a complicated thing to achieve, I believe. Or do you have a secret plan?

Oh, and my vacation's great so far! The rain has been so heavy I didn't care today whether I was stepping in a puddle, or not... And now I'm attempting to dry mo boots at least a little before tomorrow... But all in all I'm very happy And just celebrated my birthday on top of that, so, here's an imaginary piece of cake to each and every one of you! Even OneSizeFitsAll!
In the Realm of Ulmo
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Happy Birthday, Nifredil! Thanks for your encouraging welcome!

Hmm...this is gonna be fun...not only Rovan after my poor orcses neck, but a fellow roleplayer after mine? My mind is made up...I'm getting in this one even if you guys do turn me down. *very, exceedingly evil grin*
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Don't worry Gem (may I call you that?), we won't kick you out just yet, we want to have some fun with you first. *grins back even eviler*

Yes, I don't think we could have the major bad orc traveling with us. We could find out about the siege from a lone orc, but we would have no reason to leave it alive after that.

So possibly the best option is to have it cut between our group and the orcs. Rovan and the maimed orc have big issues with each other, so that will have to come to a climax sometime, maybe at Gondor. Just some things to consider. Any thoughts?

Glad you're having a good vacation Nif, and Happy Birthday! May this year be full of happy times and wonderful new adventures! *takes imaginary piece of cake and tucks in*

[Edited on 09/30/2014 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message

Ah but just asking a traveling orc "Hey whats you buddies up to" isn't going to work they won't say "Oh nothing much just besieging Minas Tirith" We need to know don't we?
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Of course you may call me Gem, Eruwestiel! (Is that what I should call you?) And, dude, that evil grin won my heart.

I don't think I'll give you all my opinion on my orc's role...I'd much rather sit back and watch you guys argue about it.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor, I didn't mean that, silly. One of us could say something like, "Tell me what happened and I will ease your passing!"

Gem, thanks! You can call me whatever you want, some people call me Song as well. Glad you liked my evil grin.

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Happy birthday, Nif!!! *accepts cake and takes a bite* I think I can safely say, this is the best imaginary cake I've ever put in my mouth!

Now then. I agree with Song; it would probably be good for us to do the cutting back and forth thing. Also, I think that the Orc leading the attack on Gondor. At least, that my personal opinion. You can do whatever you like, of course.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Then I think some of us should be orcs. I was told by a new RPer on another site that it is very hard for a newbie to stick to a thread when no one is conversing with their character.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Also, is this orc gonna die at some point? Because, it might be weird if he doesn't, but it would be really weird if he did. For me, at least.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you for the cake. And happy birthday!

Yes, I find that an Orc traveling with us may not work. I like the cutting back and forth idea as well.

I think that we are all very solid in our characters. RPs begin to fall apart when multiple characters get played, unless there are very concise lines between those characters.

We are very near to Gondor. Gem can, if she wants to, posat a few times solo. When we get into Gondor, there will be more room for character interaction.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you for the cake. And happy birthday!

Yes, I find that an Orc traveling with us may not work. I like the cutting back and forth idea as well.

I think that we are all very solid in our characters. RPs begin to fall apart when multiple characters get played, unless there are very concise lines between those characters.

We are very near to Gondor. Gem can, if she wants to, post a few times solo. When we get into Gondor, there will be more room for character interaction.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
The main conflict here is that the group will be travelling through a still war-ravaged area. Orcs and foul things still creep, but Mosaic cannot bear the though if waiting any longer. The road will most definitely be dangerous. I would also like to incorporate the elements of war into this RP. Like: How does war effect people? Why do people act the way that they do? etc.,etc.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I feel like one of the main hopes I had for this thread is not being incorporated. I posted the above paragraph in my initial description of the thread, and I feel than no elements of the such are being seen. Would you all kindly read this and try to incorporate a little something a in a post sometime?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Where we are traveling the War did not effect other than the people. I plan to show the devestated family when Eadwine's sister joins.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you for the reminder Julia, it has been a long time since I read your opening post.

Elves often see war in a much different light than humans because they are immortal. They have seen many wars come and go, only involving themselves when they choose to. This is especially true of She-Elves, who would go to war only in the most desperate of times.

However, I will try my best to add something closer to your original intent.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, it's extremly early but I can't sleep.

Just a reminder it took the Rohirrim 5 days to get to Minas Tirith by the Road. I expect the journey through the Nimrais Mountains will be at least doubled.

Also if we could stop SE of where the Mering Stream divides the Eastfold from Anórien in Firien Wood I have decided that is where Eadwine's aunt and sister live. There we shall reprieve ourselves and the horses (by the way his aunt makes some pretty good cheese and bread )
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Song, that is excellent! I am glad that we have some Elves for that reason. An Elf will see things differently than a human, and male and female will view things different from each other still.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Hello all! Greetings from Spain!
I'm glad you liked the cake

My plan with Rovan was to show his wariness and distrustfulness that comes from having warred too much and too long, and from being outside the law. The moment you start trying to communicate with him, you should see that better. I know it is very difficult to interact with a character that doesn't want to communicate, so I'll do my best to try and give you hints.
By the way, feel free to try and interrogate him when he's a little better. You do need to know what kind of a man you are dragging along, after all
In the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Excellent, Nif! Thank you for your reply!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Okay Song and I were chatting and if it's alright with you guys we can be ambushed by thieves or wildmen in two days. I was imagining a steep cliff on either side of a narrow path with trees up on the cliffs (in order to hide the ambushers ) Then the next day reach Mering Stream to replenish water and rest in Eadwine's aunt.
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email