Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Authiel smirked to the elf’s comment ironically.

“Worry not, I will talk to you later, leader.” She shouted above the wind, pronouncing the last word with sarcasm. Then, she rushed to the stern of the ship. A huge wave was coming and the only thing she could think of to save herself was to dive.

After battling with the waves she could hardly swim to the shore. She looked around and everyone was safe. She walked to the top of a rock trying to understand where were they.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
It was as though Dira's words had just escaped past her lips when there was a deafening crack as the ship finally gave to the force of the storm and began to break apart. The only thing on Eruvilui's mind as the ship heaved into the ocean were her horses, and her hazel eyes became panicked when she realized they were plunging into the foam. Her eyes followed the duo as long as allowed before she, herself, lept into the briny waters.

"Hold above the water, Surean, Arandil!" she yelled, gulping down a mouth of salty water as she did so, "Hold fast!"

She could barely make out the forms of the rest of the company as they were pelted toward the shore. Once they had landed, the storm seemingly passed without leaving tale of ever have arriving. Eruvilui looked to Dira, Tegalad, Legolas, and Authiel, making a mental note that they all appeared like living flotsam and jetsam strewn about the beach.

"Have we all made it alright?" she asked, eyes immediately darting to the end of the beach where she, delightedly, saw her two horses shaking the salt-water from their shining coats.

In a moment's mad-dash, the She-Elf launched herself toward them. Her mind was not anywhere but the fact they were safe and sound. She did not even notice the crimson beginning to stain her right shoulder as she threw her arms around the necks of the stallions whose nostrils were flared.
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira sputtered and coughed. She saw Eruvilui rush to her horses, and the darkening stain on her shoulder.
"Eruvilui!" Dira cried.
The wind and rain still raged. Dira coulld not find anything dry to tend to her friend's wounds.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Her eyes softened as she realized both of her horses were soaked but otherwise unharmed. Her slender fingers ran easily threw Arandil and then Surean's mane, "My brave friends..." she spoke softly, tears welling in her eyes, "we are safe now...take comfort," she added.

It was in the moment she heard Dira's voice that her mind calmed enough for her body to sense a warmth spreading across her shoulder. Cautiously the She-Elf reached with her left hand to her back, and when her hand drew away it was tinged pink. Eruvilui believed the wound to be minimal, as there was little in the way of pain filtering into her mind. In response to her friend's cry, the maiden turned on her heel and raised a hand to calm her.

"Dira, mellon nin, 'tis nothing! I must have caught the rocks near the inlet on the way to the beach," her voice was reassuring, "Please, let us see to the others," she added pleadingly.
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tegalad rose to his feet, shaken from their sudden swim. "I am fine," he said. "Can we save any of the supples?"

With Dira, he rushed to Eruvilui. "How do you fare, my lady?"
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui looked to Dira with a grateful expression and turned to look at her shoulder out of sheer curiosity. To her surprise, the stain was larger than what she had expected, "Looks can be deceiving, I do believe," she smiled in an attempt to thwart her companion's worry.

As Tegalad ran to where the duo stood, hazel eyes narrowed, "I fare well enough, Tegalad, thank you," she nodded once and turned to her horses once again, "As long as my boys are safe...that is all that matters. It looks as though some of the supplies have survived well enough," she looked across the beach, "Where in Middle-Earth are we?" she asked with a quirked brow.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Where in Middle-Earth are we?", Eruvilui asked with an expression of interest.

"It appears that we lost the map of Dira's in the storm," Tegalad said. He looked around at the others. Legolas was fine, recovering some of the supplies that had washed around the beach, and Authiel was sitting in the sand, looking up at the sky. "Will the two of you be alright for a moment? I must speak to Authiel." HE approached the newcomer.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
After being sure everyone else was alright, she ignored what they were saying to each other and kept looking everywhere to find out where they were. On the opposite side of the sea, grew great mountains which had a pale blue tone. The She-Elf didn’t know quite well those parts of Middle-Earth, yet she was once in the Grey Havens, and though that place wasn’t the same, she could glance at the Blue Mountains. They were probably South the Gulf of Lune.

She sat on the soft sand and took a deep breath, looking to the sky. Suddenly, she felt someone walking to her. Authiel stood up and glanced at the elf.

“Tegalad, is not it?” She had heard someone call him that, so she presume it was his name. “I was sent to aid you, since I lived here in my youth. I would like to be informed of the route you plan to take.” She paused and made sure the others were far enough to continue speaking. “And I offer my services to you.”
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
“Tegalad, is not it?” Authiel asked as he approached.

"Yes," He said.

Authiel went on quickly. “I was sent to aid you, since I lived here in my youth. I would like to be informed of the route you plan to take.”

"The route we will take depends on any variation of things," Tegalad said. "It has already changed from the first moment that we set out, due to weather and other unfortunate events. As soon as I am aware of the new route, I will inform you."

Authiel nodded and then, looking to see if anyone else heard her, added, "And I offer my services to you."

"Of what do you speak?" Tegalad asked. He gestures to the others. "Please. Help me with the others."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira finished bandaging Eruvilui's wound despite her protest. She began to look around never leaving the Company's sight. She cursed and kicked a clod of wet sand when she saw where they were.
"Wolf's Run we had to wreck on Wolf's Run!" she cried in frustration.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Wolf's Run we had to wreck on Wolf's Run!" Dira was shouting in frustration.

"Wolfs Run?" Teglad asked at Dira's sudden outburst.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"It's one of the worse places to be," Dira said calming down, "They release the wolves out here when they aren't being used. The valley forms a sort of pen. I've been here once and I never wanted to return. We need to find a defensive spot fast," she said hurriedly glancing at the setting sun.

[Edited on 07/10/2014 by Cenor]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"What chance do we have moving about on this night?" Tegalad asked at Dira's further panic.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"There is a hideout that we Ranger's use," Dira said thinking hard and fast, "We can get there in half and hour."

The path was rugged but the horses had no trouble. Eruvilui had been forced, by Teglad, to ride the journey. The sun set casting eerie shadows that increased Dira's nerves. They reached the refuge just as the last light of day passed into shadow. It was a cave set back into a hill, the entrance of which was blocked by a stone. Trees surrounded the cave making a sort of wall. Dira slowly pushed the stone away but not before marking some strange sign upon it.

"Here get the horses in."

The cave was clean and dry. The air, although a little stuffy, seemed fresh. At the back of the cave stood a pile of wood five feet thick and six deep. There was a fire pit in the middle and a few barrels of some sort of food that wouldn't spoil and weapons lined one of the walls. Dira jerked as a long, blood-chilling cry rose in the air. Another and another soon followed. She listened intently discerning what breed they were.

"Battle Wargs," she cursed.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tegalad helped Eruvilui get down from her mount. Authiel and Legolas sat at the edge of the cave to peer out into the night.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira stepped back into the cave and surveyed the weapon wall. Slowly, she reached up and grabbed a peculiar weapon. It was a heavy ash pole, with a sharp blade at one end and a spear head at the other. There were five more poles along the wall. She gathered them up then handed them to Teglad, Authiel, and Legolas.

"These weapons are used against the Battle Wargs alone. You hold them like this," she instructed placing one hand on the grip and the other slightly under. "When they charge you you aim at the neck with the spear end. But don't try what I will do because you were not trained with this weapon."

"How big are these Wargs?" she heard Legolas ask.

"As large as a war-horse or slightly smaller. They are a breed created solely for the purpose of the Witch King's Calvary."

Just then an eerie cry ripped the air asunder. Huge beasts with yellow eyes stepped into the light. Dira gripped her spear waiting for the Wargs to attack

[Edited on 07/14/2014 by Cenor]
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
OOC:

Back from my journey to Kentucky! Onto this journey! Missed you all!

IC:

Once they'd recovered the majority of the salvageable supplies and gathered the straggling horses, Eruvilui felt more at ease. She knew Dira was strong and knew also that Legolas was more than capable of holding his own. It was of Authiel, truly, that the She-Elf was questioning; not because she didn't trust her capability, but more that she didn't know anything about her. She was, at this point, a mystery. Her hazel eyes scanned to Tegalad and silently accepted the warrior's aid onto the back of Surean, who gently reached his magnificent head around to check on her, "I will be fine, mellon nin," she reassured the stallion.

When she heard Dira's comment of where they had landed, her brain suddenly sparked with memory. How could she have been so blind? She knew exactly where they had landed. Perhaps she'd taken a harder hit on the rocks than what she initially thought. Internally, her heart tightened as she recalled the last time she had visited this area. Eruvilui pushed the painful memory to the recesses of her mind as the troupe began to move forward once again.

The trek was mostly silent, and Eruvilui found herself looking from face to face. Her hazel pools finally looked to Legolas but only momentarily, biting her lower lip and looking forward as they neared the entrance of what appeared to be a cave. Again, Eruvilui silently took the offered aid to dismount Surean, leading both he and Arandil without touching either horse. As she helped bring the supplies to the back of the cave, her memory spoke to her.

"I have been here once before...long ago..." her voice trailed off as though she was caught in her recollection, "As long as we stay silent and keep the fires toward the back of the cave, we have a better chance at staying out of the range of the wolves' senses...but it is no guarantee," she added, looking to Dira and then Tegalad.

"Authiel," she spoke suddenly, "You are certainly not the only one of our company to have lived in Middle-Earth in the days of the Kings," she spoke bluntly, "but whatever services you may have to offer, I do know that we will accept them," she looked to Tegalad, "I hope I am not speaking for just myself."

Her attention then went to Dira, "How do you fare, my friend?" she questioned, walking to where the other woman stood, "I see we have lost one of the horses...I shall pray for her tonight," she spoke solemnly, looking to her two stallions as they rested comfortably at the back of the cave.

She then looked to Legolas, "How do you fare, my lord?" she asked as before, "It would seem as though you will not speak to me," she concluded, brow quirked in curiosity as she stood close to Dira as though for strength.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"No," Dira said, "These wolves are too keen. They can smell blood from miles away," she noted looking at Eruvilui's bandaged shoulder, "even if it is bound."

The Wargs grew closer their beady eyes staring into the cave. Teglad had built a fire and the light enabled them to see for quite a distance around. The first Warg lunged towards the cave mouth. Dira positioned holding the weapon a if she were going to spear the creature. But at the last moment she turned bringing, not the point, but the blade upon the fell beast's head, separating it from the body. The other's withdrew eyeing their dead companion. Just then the distant sound of a horn split the dangerous night air. Dira's face lightened and she grabbed a small horn from her belt returning the call.
"Help is on the way," she managed to say before the Wargs returned.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"Do not worry for me, Eruvilui, please worry for yourself, you have a wound that needs tending to, may I?" Legolas asked indicating that he meant to bind her wound if she allowed it.
The elves began it, waking up the trees, teaching them to speak...
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Hazel pools scanned the entrance of the cave as a wicked howl sounded through the atmosphere. Eruvilui felt her heart tighten within the confines of her chest as she recognized the call instantaneously. Instinctively, the She-Elf reached back to grip the handle of her long blade and pulled it out in one, swift motion. Her gaze directed to Legolas momentarily, "There is no need to worry now, my lord," she rose and headed briskly to the mouth of the cavern, "the Wargs must be our primary concern!" she shouted just as one of the wolves struck through the black night and into the light of the cave.

Eruvilui gave a fierce battle cry as she watched Dira easily behead one of the fell beasts and moved to an attack position. Another of the creatures began to lower itself, teeth bared and growl sounding from deep within its broad chest. Eruvilui looked the beast down and suddenly launched herself forward, dodging an intended bite before landing her blade deep into the Warg's shoulder. The razor sharp metal plunged into the beast's bodice, hitting the intended mark; it's heart. As she pulled her blade free, Eruvilui looked to Legolas and Dira, "Fight, my friends! Fight!"
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira sighed when she saw the recognition on the face of her friend.
"Nay mellon," she said hacking at a Warg, "No battalion of Elves would venture this far. I wanted to tell you but I was refused that privilege."
The Wargs were still pushing into the small entrance. Her spear broke in the midst of spearing one of the beasts. In one swift arc her swords finished of the fell thing. Just then the lonely cry of a nightingale sounded from the darkness. Dira threw her head back and imitated the harsh cry of an eagle.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Teglad drew his sword and plunged it into one of the beasts. The lance that Dira had given him hung at his side, ready for use at a moments notice.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui watched as Dira slew another of the dreaded creatures, its limp body fell near to where her own kill lay. The She-Elf could feel a slight sting in her shoulder as she moved in the heat of battle. Another call sounded in the distance, and Eruvilui looked to Dira in a momentary gaze of confusion, "Dira! Tell me! Is it they who come to our defense?!" he query was one of both shock and utter hope as she looked to Tegalad and then to Authiel.

The duo looked to be faring well against the wargs, but it was to her horses that Eruvilui felt her gaze shifting toward. Surean and Arandil were literally back to back, hooves flying as daggers, slicing through the air in shining magnificence. Her heart constricted as she saw a warg moving toward Arandil in the equine's blind-spot. Eruvilui acted upon instinct, reaching to her bow and letting loose a single arrow. The projectile found its mark and embedded itself deep within the recesses of the wolf's left eye. It's giant head rolled back as it let out one last, defiant cry before falling dead at the heels of her beloved stallion.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"I told you I am the last of our race," Dira said determined to keep it secret.
The call of a nightingale grew closer. Before she could respond the twang of bowstrings filled the air. The Wargs fell fast and in a matter of minutes none were left. Silence reigned surpreme.
"Many thanks Malcolm," she called to the shadows.
"Now you owe me," came the faint answer.
She smiled then turned to her curious companions.
"We must leave soon."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Who was calling to you?" Tegalad asked Dira, as he tossed the spear to the side.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"An old friend," she answered gathering and cleaning the spears, "we have this ongoing game of who owes who."
From the look on Eruvilui's face Dira knew that she would have to explain.
"Okay," she sighed, "I wasn't lying to you when I told you that I was the last of my race. For truly I believed so. But when I was exploring they found me. A remnant of those who died at Hobbiton. There were 20 of us whereas we had once numbered 200. We have kept ourselves a secret. Do not breath a word of this to anyone," she said her voice rising in warning. "The Witch King wants to exterminate all Elven blood, even if it is drained to the last drop. Right now he knows of my escape from Hobbiton. My head is worth 500 gold pieces. But I always elude my assassins."
She finished hanging the spears on the wall.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui kept one eye on the mouth of the cave and one on either of her two horses. Her hazel pools focused for a moment on Dira as the woman spoke, and a smile slowly found its way lacing upon the She-Elf's lips. There was something in the back of her mind that had led her to believe Dira was not the very last of her kind. Of this, Eruvilui was eternally grateful.

"What little foresight I possess led me to hope there were other Dunadain remaining in the forests of the wilds," she spoke softly and smiled more brightly, "And if it is in my power...then I will see to it you are all made safe from the cruelty of the Witch King," she added boldly as she re-sheathed her long knife before looking to the rest of the party.

A stabbing pain arose in her body, and Eruvilui winced against her own wishes. The wound on her shoulder had re-opened and had begun to stain her brown ranger-like tunic an even darker shade of mud. The She-Elf looked to Dira once again, "Have we made safe the cavern yet, mellon nin?" she dared ask with an air of hope.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira straightened.
"We must hurry."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((johnson4466 I am temporarily helping Legolas along.))
Legolas sat thinking about the she Elf before him. It had been a long time since he had seen her working the horses in his Father's stables. He remembered one particular stallion that would only let her ride it. Returning from his daydream he noticed blood growing on the she-elf's clothes.
"Here," he said walking over, "Can I bandage your wound?"
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui looked to her companion in confusion, "Hurry? Whatever do you mean, Dira?" her words were somewhat slurred as she looked to the opening of the cave which only glared darkness back to her. "What must we do?" she asked before moving to the back of the cave where both Surean and Arandil stood.

As she leaned heavily on Arandil's broad shoulder, a somewhat familiar voice entered her curved ears. Slowly, she looked over her shoulder, "I...I'm fine, my lord. You need not worry," she attempted to sound reassuring but knowingly fell flat, "Please...see to the others. I am alright," she added.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Wolves can smell blood it won't be long before another pack comes. We need to get out when we can."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Your the only one wounded," Legolas persisted. "At least let me see it."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui nodded in agreement to Dira's statement and looked to Surean and Arandil who seemingly nodded in understanding simultaneously. The equines shifted restlessly, awaiting their next command.

Looking back to Dira, "You will ride Surean," it was a statement but also an underlying demand, "He will carry you as long as I deem fit."

"You're the only one wounded..."

Legolas was right, but Eruvilui's pride was keeping her from accepting any sort of aid from anyone. She looked to him warily, "Very well, my lord...but Dira is correct. We must make haste," she looked to him questioningly and removed her outer jacket to reveal the blood-soaked tunic beneath.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"I will walk," Dira said.
----------------------------
Legolas bound Eruvilui's wound.
"I have seen you before in my father's stables," he said trying to strike conversation.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
"Please, Dira," Eruvilui looked to the other woman with a pleading glance, "It is the least I can offer right now...and it will make me feel more at ease knowing you will have a quick escape if need-be," she added solemnly.

She hissed slightly as Legolas tended to her wound and bandaged it as skillfully as any warrior might. Her hazel eyes focused on his features for a moment before she nodded once and moved to replace her outer jacket.

"Yes..." she spoke softly, "It was a long time ago, it seems...I didn't think you'd remember me, my lord," she bowed her head in respect and turned to face Arandil, placing a hand on the stallion's shoulder, "It is nice to be remembered," she added, looking back to Legolas quizzically.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"I will not escape while my friends risk death," she replied. "I will walk."
-----------------------------------------
Legolas wrapped the bandage around one last time.
"I remember a certain stallion that refused to have a cut on his leg tended to. You coaxed and sweet talked him until he let you, without fuss, bind his leg."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
"I will not escape while my friends risk death..."

Dira's words haunted her, and Eruvilui knew where her companion was coming from, "Dira...your friends are fighting for you...and now we must preserve the thinning bloodlines of the Dunadain, for we cannot risk forever losing them...or you," she added, hazel eyes softening as she looked to her longtime friend. "At least walk with Surean near to you?" she questioned, "He will feel jealous toward Arandil, otherwise," she smiled somewhat.

Her attention turned suddenly to Legolas, "Your memory impresses me, my lord," she spoke truthfully, "for I did not believe my part would play that memorable a role..."
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email