Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"I will not sit on the sidelines even if my race is thinning. Remember the Dunedain of the War of the Ring, they too had dwindled but still they rode to war. I know you care mellon nin but let Teglad ride Surean. He is the leader. Besides you know how horses and me go along," she said with a faint smile.
-------------------------------------------
"I would remember any Elf who helped Thalion," Legolas replied, "he was my favorite."
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
She listened to Dira intently, knowing that what the woman spoke of was truth in all aspects of what Eruvilui knew. Her friend was strong-willed and mindful of her own choices. The She-Elf simply nodded and looked to Surean with a smile, "You heard her, mellon nin, she will walk."

"I know what you speak is your mind made up, Dira. I know you well enough to not test your choices," she smiled weakly, feeling the sting of her wound at the back of her mind, "The War of the Ring burns fresh yet in my mind..." her thoughts travelled back to where she had found herself battling hordes of straggling orcs an uruk-hai on the borders of Mirkwood, "...but now we must focus our efforts to this new threat."

Her eyes shifted again to Legolas, "I, too, remember Thalion...he was strong-willed and independent. I loved his spirit," she spoke plainly, "I am glad to have helped, my lord," she spoke gently.
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira nodded and gathered, what was left, of their supplies. She approached Teglad.
"There are two routes out of Wolf's Run both are heavly guarded. Can you think of someway to slip past them?"
---------------------------------------
Legolas cringed when when Eruvilui addressed him as lord.
"Please," he said, "call me Legolas."
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"There are two routes out of Wolf's Run. Both are heavily guarded. Can you think of someway to slip past them?" Dira asked.

Tegalad looked upwards. "The tops of the caves. Are they stable?"
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira raised an eyebrow, "Aye their stable but not entirely flat. It won't be easy getting the horses over without some noise. There is one way though." she said remembering an old passage.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui looked to Tegalad who had been somewhat silent throughout their warg attack. Her ears caught the distant sound of an eerie howl, which put her senses on high alert. She looked to Dira with a concerned glance, "I say we give the roof of the cave a try," she looked to her stallions with a soft glance, "Surean and Arandil will find their own path through the woods...I trust them to return to me," her voice was strong though quavered somewhat, "If I send them now...then they might have a chance whilst the wolves are yet at a distance," she added.

She had heard Legolas' statement and had smiled inwardly, finding suddenly her cheeks feeling slightly warmer than normal, "Legolas...very well," she spoke and stood to move toward Dira, "Let us be swiftly on our way?"
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira nodded.
"This way."
She led the company through the tunnels to they reached a place where the light wafted through a large fissure.
"Here quickly."
Each of the company squeezed through the exit. Dira was the last up. The moon was pale and sickly nothing to be compared with the moons when there was peace. To Dira though it was normal, she had not seen a peaceful moon.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
As she watched Surean and Arandil quietly leave the cavern, Eruvilui felt her heart clench in her chest. Her stallions meant more to her than any living creature in Middle-Earth or elsewhere, but she knew that they were far more intelligent than other equids. Afterall, descendants of the Mearas were far more intellectual than routine equines. She smiled weakly and followed the rest of the company, checking over her shoulder to Dira who trailed behind. Legolas walked just in front of her and then Authiel and first Tegalad.

Soft tendrils of a breeze picked up and caught her blonde locks in a rush of air and Eruvilui closed her eyes momentarily to enjoy the sensation. For a moment, her world was lost on the present and flitted to the days of less strife and torment. She was a young She-Elf once more, walking along the paths of Mirkwood and travelling the road not oft taken. Reality struck hard when a piercing howl became a chorus in the atmosphere. Hazel pools shifted to Dira for direction.

"I vaguely remember this place..." her words were soft as she thought of her brother, "...there is a path...hidden," she looked to Dira, Tegalad, and finally to Legolas.

The She-Elf had all but forgotten the sting of her wound, as the Mirkwood prince had done a skillful job at binding it. Pain only barely struck the back of her mind and for this, she was thankful.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tegalad vaulted up onto the roof. "We will need to move quickly, flat or otherwise," he said. "If anyone searches for us, they will be looking at the easy entrences and exits. We can outwit them this way, but not for long."
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Who would be looking for us Teglad," Dira asked sarcastically, "not even the bravest bounty hunters would walk into a den of wolves."
She led them across the roof of the caves. A few trees clustered close to the roof. She grabbed what appeared to be a vine but what was really a dark colored rope.
"Care to take a swing?"
-----------------------------------
Legolas watched as Eruvilui walked easily in front of him. It hurt him to see a wounded Elf.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Tegalad's strong voice filled the air, and Eruvilui smiled at his assured nature. At first the Elf had seemed somewhat brash to her, but now, it was certainly true leadership shining through. Hazel pools reflected her intent as she continued to follow him along the top of the cavern, "Tegalad speaks the truth...our scent will simply attract a multitude of these creatures, and it will only be a matter of time before they are upon us once more."

Dira's words caught her attention suddenly, and she knew her friend also had a point. As they gained the edge of the cavern, Eruvilui nodded, "I will," she stepped forward, "but I may..." she looked to Legolas sheepishly, "require some aid on the other side..." she spoke abashedly.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas smiled, "I will help you my lady, do not be afraid, I will be by your side." He said looking down into your eyes with a small laugh.
The elves began it, waking up the trees, teaching them to speak...
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
She felt her heart hitch in her chest slightly upon hearing Legolas' familiar voice just behind her. Eruvilui turned on her heel and looked to him in a nonchalant manner as not to bring too much attention to herself.

"Eruvilui...please," she spoke quietly, "...as long as you wish for me to address you by your given name, then I shall request you do the same," she added, "Afterall...I am but a humble servant to the Mirkwood crest."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"I'm sorry, my la-Eruvilui, please forgive me." Legolas said with a small smile, "I had forgotten how beautiful your name is, just like you are." he said and gently placed a kiss on your hand.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Her eyes looked to Dira for hopeful support as she suddenly felt completely alone in the night when Legolas addressed her once more. Hazel eyes went slightly wide at his words, as though she was dis-believing what she was hearing. Eruvilui felt her breath hitch when realization hit her that Legolas had done what he'd done.

"I-I...thank you," she felt her words tumble brokenly from her mouth as she felt a hot pinch in her cheeks from the flush that entered them, "Shall...we should get moving..." she added, snapping her hand away from her former Elven lord in an embarrassed way.

"Dira?..." she half-asked for direction and half for assistance in her tones.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira watched the two, laughter shone in her eyes.
"Nope, guides got to go first so they can make sure no enemies are down there."
Before Eruvilui could respond she quickly swung down. The rope and branch holding it snapped back into place ready for the next person. Legolas with Eruvilui, Authiel, then finally Teglad.
"This way," Dira hissed.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas followed close behind but stayed close to Eruvilui, to make sure she was unharmed,

"Where are we headed, my friend?" Legolas asked quietly
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui caught the sidelong glance of her friend and felt herself rolling her eyes in silent response. She looked to Dira and watched as the other woman used the rope to easily swing herself over to the out-cropping on the other side, which caused Eruvilui to groan inwardly. She knew the impending pull on her arms would potentially re-open her wound, but the She-Elf also knew it was the only way to somewhat safely continue their journey. She caught herself looking back to Legolas just before taking hold of the rope and easing herself securely around it, hoping by curling her body she'd lessen the strain on her shoulders. As she swung across the slight ravine, Eruvilui felt the sting of her wound and hissed quietly as she landed lightly on her feet next to Dira.

"There...easy..." she whispered, hazel eyes directed back to Legolas, "The rope is strong," she spoke encouragingly, "Both Dira and Tegalad know far better where we are headed than what I can tell, " she looked to her female companion, "Lead on, my friend..."

Her attention focused back on Legolas, not wanting to leave him too far behind or too far from where she was, "Please hurry, Legolas," she looked out into the darkness, "I sense we are running short on time..."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas walked out of the dark, ready to cross, "I'm h-" he started but a noise intrupted him, he looked behind just in time for a wolf to push him down and take a swipe at his chest, a cry irrupted from his mouth.

[Edited on 07/30/2014 by johnson4466]
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Everything had been far too silent for Eruvilui's comfort, and her intuition was proven correct when a large form burst from the foliage above. Her hazel depths widened in shock and fear for their companions still remaining on the ledge. The She-Elf watched in horror as the giant creature successfully brought Legolas down and attempted to disembowel him before her very eyes, "Legolas!" she heard herself shout in spite of her inner warnings.

Instinctively, Eruvilui reached back for her bow and un-leashed an arrow in the blink of an eye. The projectile caught the beast in its exposed shoulder, and Eruvilui looked to Dira for aid, "We must make safe the company!" she shouted boldly.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira frowned, this was not the way that she wanted to leave. Chased down by wolves. Fortunately the Wall was tall enough and the hole was small enough to prevent the wolves from following, once the company was over.
"Quickly, quickly," she breathed helping Legolas up.
Miraculously he was unscathed. They ran down the path until they came to a wall of rock. It was several meters in height but that did not matter.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
It all seemed to happen so fast as the remainder of the company made it to the other side of the ravine, Legolas included. Perhaps her shout and somewhat distracted the wolf enough to keep it pre-occupied and away from the elven prince. As they ran, following both Dira and Tegalad, Eruvilui looked over her shoulder. It seemed for the moment they were not being followed, and she felt as though she could breathe. Suddenly, the company's pace slackened. Eruvilui looked up the wall and smiled, "This will be easy compared to what we've just come from!" she yelled encouragingly and began to climb the rocky out-cropping. Memory flooded her once again as she neared the top, and her thoughts turned to Tiryn.

Looking down and behind her, "The climb is not as bad as one might think!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Quickly," Tegalad said, pulling Eruvilui upwards, being wary of her wounded shoulder. "Upwards of that outcropping, and over onto the other side."

He reached down to help Legolas and Authiel as well; the maiden had been silent as death as they ran along. He reached to help Dira we ll, but she snarled and slapped his hand away.

Tegalad waited to see that they had all gotten ahead, and then he followed them , leaping over the stony cliffs.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
She felt herself wince slightly as Tegalad helped her up and onto the rocky ledge. Eruvilui nodded her thanks and looked to Dira for a moment, smiling as she watched the other woman's response to offered aid.

"You know...one of these days you might need some assistance," she chided with another smile, an attempt to ease the tension filling the air. "Will the other Dunadain meet us?" she inquired, curiosity piquing.

As they continued along at their brisk pace, Eruvilui couldn't help but look to the forests below and think of her equine counter-parts. Her heart ran with them in the darkness, and the She-Elf wondered at what point she'd see them again. Lost in her thoughts, the woman barely had enough time to notice a crevice in the ground before her that the others had lept clear of just moments prior. At the last moment, Eruvilui jumped across and stumbled slightly. She cursed herself inwardly, not ever liking to show any signs of weakness.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"When I am so old that I can't move at all," she said.
She hated feeling that she needed help. She wasn't supposed to be a weakly woman, rather one strong that could help her people.
"No," she answered shaking her head, "You may never meet them. It is for them to decide."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
They had just reached the top of the hill when Legolas collapsed on the ground holding his chest, he was feeling weak and dizzy from his injury,

"H-Hold on....I need rest..."Legolas said between gasps, he was pale and shivering.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Once she had caught up to Dira enough for her own peace of mind, Eruvilui took the chance to look behind her to the rest of the company. It was in this moment that the She-Elf witnessed Legolas' feet literally give out from underneath him, and the elven prince fell to the ground. Her hazel eyes noticed for the first time in all of the chaos that the elf had taken injury in the sudden warg attack.

"Legolas!" she found herself falling back and moving swiftly to where the warrior had stopped, "My Lord...what hurt have you suffered?" she asked worriedly.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"...My chest.." he said slowly taking his hand away, his white tunic was covered in scarlet red

"Adar, I need my father..." Legolas whispered.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
She knelt beside him, hesitating momentarily before reaching out and touching the crimson stain on his chest, "Don't we just make a pair..." she spoke under her breath as she looked over him, evaluating the situation. Her hazel pools softened as he spoke, pain in his tone.

"Legolas...I can help you now...please let me help you as you helped me?" she reached out and gently tilted his chin upward so that their eyes met, wanting him to see the sincerity in hers.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas ignored her question, going back to calling out for the once person he truly wanted at the moment, the one that has always been there for him,

"Adar! Please where is....my father..." Legolas asked again, this time trying his best to sit up and look around.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui clenched her jaw as she watched Legolas struggle, fearing that his wound was worse than what she'd initially suspected. In a rush, the She-Elf moved forward and toward the pained prince. Her hand moved lightly to his shoulder, setting him back and to the ground once more, "Legolas!" her voice was kind but firm, "Your father is not here...we are far from home...I am here now. Look at me, my prince," she pleaded with him gently, brows furrowed in worry.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas slowly looked up into the eyes of his friend,

"Eruvilui, y-" he started and that turned into a fit of coughs, which ended with blood seeping out his mouth,

"W-water.." he said wiping his mouth weakly.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Her eyes sought the rest of the company that had continued on up ahead and wondered if she should call to them or make sure Legolas was stable first. The She-Elf chose the latter and moved in closer to the blue-eyed elf, "Yes...I'm here," she spoke softly and offered him her water-skin soon after ripping a piece of her jacket to dab the slight drip of blood from the corner of Legolas' mouth.

In a moment, Eruvilui had opened her pack and taken out bandage wrapping she'd packed for just such an occasion. She'd packed healing herbs but had wished not to use them so soon into their journey. "Legolas...I need to see your wound..."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas nodded and took his hands away so she had more access,he hissed in pain at the pain the small movement caused, he lay still now, his breathing shallow and uneven. Faver had now shown itself on the Elfs skin, redness showed in his pale white cheeks.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Her hands moved slowly, softly, as she began to carefully un-button just the top of Legolas' tunic enough so that she could see the wound. It was raw and angry, the edges jagged from where the wolf's claw had penetrated the elf's flesh. Her jaw tightened as she looked to his feature's, "Forgive me, my lord...I mean not to cause you more pain," she spoke tenderly as she dampened a clean cloth with the water from her skein and tediously cleaned the wound. The bleeding had already slowed, and Eruvilui began to skillfully pack the area with the healing herbs that she'd learned to formulate during her time in Imladris.

"This should help stave off your fever...and possibility for infection," she smiled slightly as she worked, eyes still unable to look into his as memory flooded her thoughts while she began wrapping his wound.
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email