Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"Now...now may we see my father?" He asked taking your wrist, he looked so small when he was in pain, like a child reaching for his mother to comfort. He looked up into your eyes, his briming with tears.
The elves began it, waking up the trees, teaching them to speak...
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui bit her bottom lip at the response Legolas elicited, knowing it would take a moment before the herbs had a chance to settle the fever growing in the elf's mind. She knew it was fogging his thoughts, and she felt for him, raising her hand to lightly cup his cheek, "I wish I could make that happen for you, Legolas...but the only home we have right now is the road we are travelling...and your father is far from her in the Undying Lands...where we've so recently come from..." she spoke methodically, softly, "All we have remaining of our Mirkwood is..." her voice trailed off, and Eruvilui let her hand settle back into her lap, "The others...they must wonder where we are..." she looked out into the still darkness.
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas nodded and his eyelids closed, he was growing very tired, it was unusual for an elf to sleep with his eyes closed but Legolas was under great pain, he had to chose but to surcome to the darkness.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
As she watched the elf fade into a pain-induced sleep, Eruvilui's heart ached. She knew that leaving Legolas in such a prone position was potentially dangerous, but the She-Elf realized she had to find Dira. Using her dark brown jacket to cover Legolas in order to help blend him into the surroundings, the woman got up and briskly followed the foot-steps of the remaining company. In a short period of time, Eruvilui had caught up to her friend.

"Dira!" she called out, "Dira! Please! Legolas has been wounded...the wolf that you fell..." she paused in stride, "I wish not to slow the company...I can remain with him, and we can follow once he's recovered somewhat..." she spoke bluntly, "We will both only be a hindrance to the journey at this point...I do not want to bring down the entire company."
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira turned surprised. She hadn't realized that Eruvilui and Legolas had fallen behind.
"Of course not,"she replied indignantly, "Come I know of a place where we can stay."
It was a league away and not totally safe but there were friends in the town. It was a relief when Eruvilui's two stallions galloped up. After carefully balancing Legolas in front of Eruvilui, Dira led the group to the town. It was more of a village than a town really. Just before they entered she made sure that the Elves' ears were covered and their hoods well drawn up over their faces. They drew some attention when they entered. The town reeked of garbage, rats ran boldly on the streets, and ruff looking men glanced at them as the horses shuffled down the street. She stopped at a house far away from the Main Street and knocked. Once...twice...three times.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas looked down from the horse, his face well hidden under the hood, but he wondered how long till someone figured out?

"W-where are we, Dira?" he asked slowly looking around, unimpressed with his surroundings.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Hush," she answered a little too harsh.
A man opened the door.
"Gwen!" He said surprised, "more refugees?"
"Yes Hadrian let us in one of them is wounded."
The man ushered them in hurriedly.
"Let me see him," Hadrian called softly.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Relief spread upon her features when Dira acknowledged the fact she and Legolas had fallen so far behind. The She-Elf sighed heavily when her friend mentioned she knew of a place close that they might find temporary refuge, and her heart became light. She knew this would give herself and Legolas some much-needed time to recover from their wounds, but she was especially grateful that her former prince would be able to rest.

"Surean! Arandil!" she shouted joyously when her equine companions entered the scene. She seated herself comfortably on Surean's broad back, wrapping herself instinctively around Legolas as they made their journey to the village. Eruvilui felt hidden enough with the cowl around her face and long jacket covering the rest of her body.

When she felt Legolas stir, the woman smiled, "Rest easy, Legolas...my lord...we will be safe momentarily...for a time," her words were soft-spoken and encouraging.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hadrian inspected the wound carefully then looked up at Dira.
"It has been properly cared for Gwen he will be healed in three days."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"My father, please I must see him..." Legolas said once again, his fever was pretty bad, he grabbed the wrist of Hadrian who was standing next to him.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hadrian frowned the fever was worse than he thought.
"Gwen it might be a few more days before he is truly healed."
Dira held her breath hoping that the others would not slip and tell her true name. She worked under many different names. She grasped Legolas' hand.
"Lay still we will see your father soon enough."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Once she'd settled her horses in the stables comfortably, Eruvilui made her way to the house which Dira had led them. Her mind was racing, heart pounding in her chest as she rounded the bend in the street and walked through the back door she'd been instructed to enter. She could hear raised voices, one of them being Legolas. The She-Elf felt her heart tighten in her chest, knowing the fever had taken hold of him in-spite of the care she'd taken with his wound. Her own shoulder ached, but her injury had been somewhat clean as far as they went; Legolas' had been severely contaminated.

"Gwen, it might be a few more days before he is truly healed."

Eruvilui caught Hadrian's words as she entered the room that housed the ailing elven prince. When she heard him speak of his father once again, Eruvilui's heart went to him. Hesitantly, Eruvilui walked forward and rested a hand on Dira's shoulder, "Mellon nin...may I stay with him?" she asked as she moved to kneel next to where Legolas lay. Her movements were tentative as she reached out and lightly rested her hand on Legolas' clammy brow, her thumb gently tracing the worried lines forming there.

"Legolas, please..." her voice trembled somewhat, "I will not leave you...and Dira speaks the truth...we will see your father soon enough, but you must first recover..." she spoke gently, as a mother would speak to a fretting child.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira cringed when she heard Eruvilui speak her name. Hadrian seemed to not notice so she walked over to her friend.
"Be careful what you say friend," she whispered, "I am not known by my true name here. Also try and stick to the Common Speech."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas nodded at Eruvilui words and lay still after, if she said it would happen he would not worry over it.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui felt her shoulders shrug absent-mindedly at Dira's words. Had she known the other woman was using yet another of her various aliases, then the She-Elf knew she would have used more discretion than she had. She'd also believed her words to be quiet enough for the other human not to fully comprehend what she'd said. Her hazel eyes looked apologetically to her friend, "Forgive me, Gwen..." she corrected herself and looked to Hadrian curiously, "What might I do to aid you with caring for our companion?" she questioned seriously.

With the small nod from the elf in question, Eruvilui smiled softly and continued to gently brush her thumb along his furrowed brow, "Take peace," she spoke lightly, "know that you are safe..." she added.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira smiled, Eruvilui had yet to learn all of her different aliases. Hadrian sat a platter of food down on the table filled with bread, cheese, and some sort of meat.
"Eat friends you need your strength."
Dira sat at the crudely made table.
"So Hadrian what has been happening since I last left?"
"He has been back."
"The tax collector?" Dira asked surprised.
"Yes."
"I hate that man, if you can even call him one," Dira sighed her hand tightening into a fist.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas smiled up at Eruvilui, "I know that I am safe, you are here." Legolas said in a soft voice, his voice suddenly hitching when the pain in his chest became unbearable, he cried out with his eyes closed tightly,[/i]Why is the pain, not gone?[i]he asked himself.

[Edited on 08/05/2014 by johnson4466]
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui looked up when Hadrian brought them myriad selections as far as food was concerned. Though it looked tempting, Eruvilui's primary concern was Legolas. The warrior within her suppressed the sensation of what might have been considered hunger to the back of her mind, "Thank you, Hadrian, for your gracious offering," she spoke kindly, "I shall eat as soon as our companion's fever breaks," she spoke softly and looked to Legolas once again, whose pained expression had returned.

Eruvilui reached for the rag near to where the prince lay that was soaking in cool water. Squeezing the excess liquid from the cloth, the She-Elf laid it carefully across the elf's forehead and took his hand tightly in her own, "Focus on me, Legolas...please try not to focus on the pain...please be as strong as I know you to be," she added softly.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas' breathing evened out as the pain subsided slowly, his deep blue eyes opened, "It was just a small wave of pain, nothing more....I'm fine now..." he said with a sigh, he was hot, very hot but the cool cloth did help a little.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui smiled briefly as she listened to Legolas's words, which seemed somewhat less forced. Her hazel eyes softened, "I will make sure of that, Legolas," she refrained from using any terminology that might elude to whom the elf truly was, "if there is anything I can do..." she flipped the cloth over so that the cool side was yet again upon the prince's brow before removing her hand from his own. The last thing Eruvilui wanted to do was over-step any boundaries; she simply wanted to make sure Legolas remained comfortable.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"You have done all I can ask for, what more can you do?" Legolas said with a smile, he gently took your hand and held it, his gaze falling into yours.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
She smiled softly and gladly held the prince's offered hand lightly, "Just know whatever is in my capability, I will do..." she spoke softly, seemingly ignoring all else that was occuring around the duo, "All you have to do is heal, my friend..." again the She-Elf used an indiscriminate title for the elven prince so as to keep his identity a secret.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"He has been going around forcing people to pay," Hadrian finished.
"Forcing?" Dira asked.
"Yes he now has a guard with him."
"It sounds like I will have to deal with him again," Dira grumbled.
She glanced at the company. Teglad munching quietly, Authiel sitting silent, and Eruvilui and Legolas alone in a corner. She rose and walked over to the two.
"How's he doing," she asked.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui listened intently to the conversation being carried out by both Dira and Hadrian. It sounded to the She-Elf as though implications were causing Dira some unrest regarding a man of which they have been continuing to refer. Her hazel depths watched as the rest of the company stuck to their own muddlings. Authiel had been as silent as a grave since before they had travelled across the roof of the cavern. Tegalad had been quiet as of late, but Eruvilui knew that was more his personality than anything.

Dira's words caught her off-guard, and she immediately straightened and cleared her throat slightly. Her gaze softened as she looked to Legolas with concern, "He is still feverish...the wound was contaminated from the start...damned wolves..." she muttered angrily as she looked to her friend, "Tell me of whom you and Hadrian are speaking?" she asked, "It sounds as though you may be needing some assistance with something?" she implied her aid obviously.

The woman looked back to Legolas and gently flipped the cloth on his forehead once more, making sure the cold side was again down on his unnaturally warm brow.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
A regular trouble maker if you ask me," Dira replied. A tax collector that manages to wring every last farthing out of the people without telling them where it's going. Broke his leg last time. Guess I'll have to break both this time."
Dira knew that here friend knew that she was not the gentlest person in Middle Earth. Only when she was Randiriel, child of Mirkwood and lady of the Dunedain was she gentle. But those days where gone. Now she known as Dira, Gwen, and many other names. All of her personalities grim or rough.
"Do you think we will ever have peace Eruvilui?" she asked grimly.

[Edited on 08/24/2014 by Cenor]
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui listened intently to her friend, feeling her blood boil beneath the surface of her skin as she did so, "Never have I understood certain ways of men...it seems as though they can only ever think of what they want and when they want it...how they want it," her mind re-traced an uncomfortable path she'd traveled once in her lifetime.

Hazel eyes softened as she reached out and gently laid a hand upon the other woman's shoulder, "Peace will come as everything does...in due time..." she spoke encouragingly, "It starts as a ripple in a lake, my friend...and we must be the rock that causes that ripple," she added with a weak smile, looking to Legolas once again, "...Everything happens for a reason..."

[Edited on 08/06/2014 by EruviluiGreenleaf]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Not all men are evil, Dira replied, "indeed Malcolm is good hearted and our friend here is risking his life to help us."
Dira thought on her friends words, " but the rock sinks into the mire at the bottom of the pond.

[Edited on 08/06/2014 by Cenor]
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
She knew that what her companion spoke of was the truth, but Eruvilui had long ago learned the evils of men and what they were truly capable of doing. Her heart ached in memory, and the She-Elf found herself yearning for days of her past, her youth. An ache began in her shoulder, reminding her that she also had a healing wound to tend to, "I know your words to be right, my friend..." she spoke softly as she flipped the cloth on Legolas' forehead once again, "...but it will take my heart a long time to heal..." she looked to Dira once again, "You may see the negative possibilities of my words, my friend, but you must take into consideration...you are not alone in this journey, and death will take me before I allow this quest to fail..."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira nodded, what Eruvilui said was true. Besides she herself had a hard time looking at the bright side.
"Aye I tend to be negative don't I? Remember the times when I was young and tried to steal Thranduil's sword but couldn't lift it?"
She was referring to when the two had first met. Dira only a mischievous girl of five and the she elf had met in the chamber room.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas moaned at the touch of the cool rag and tried to move his head away, at that moment a servant walked in with a tray of food for everyone, she finally noticed the figure on the bed and noticed his elvish features as he turned his head,she dropped the tray and ran out, this caught everyone attention and Hadrian ran after her to find out what had happened.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Her smile was true this time as memory struck her pleasantly for once. Hazel depths softened from the daggers they usually held, "You do tend to look at the glass half empty, at times, my friend," she grinned, "And aye...I recall the day you mention," her smile grew upon her lips, "You were so determined to join the royal guard...you swore you were fighting fit and ready to battle," Eruvilui remembered the strong child's words, "I also seem to remember that was the day I took you to the fields to practice with your new bow..."

Her heart was light with the good memory, but the She-Elf absently touched her healing shoulder with her opposite hand, "If only the days could go back to what once they were..."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Aye," Dira sighed.
At that moment the maid came in, dropped the tray that she held, and ran out gasping Elves! Hadrian ran after her and Dira soon followed. She found the maid and Hadrian, the girl trapped in a corner, Hadrian talking quietly to her.
"There Elves!" the girl gasped, "They'll kill us. They are monsters the Protector tells us that. He says that an Elf will kill hundreds before it dies!"
"They lie to you girl," Dira interjected, "This Elf is hurt, we need shelter just for a few days."
"I know," the girl answered," he looks just like my brother did before..." the girl trailed off, "But the Protector will know, he always knows. Or the tax collector..."
"Just keep quiet Mary," Hadrian pleaded.
"Yes master," she replied, "I will."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Their moment of quiet conversation was suddenly interrupted, and Eruvilui immediately rose to her feet in an act of defense. She stood as near to Legolas as she possibly could, intending to keep him from view as she listened to the terrified girl speak. Her heart sunk heavily in her chest at the girl's true fear formed from falsity.

"Child, please," her words were soft and comforting, "we mean no harm, and no harm will come to you..." she added as she listened to what Dira had spoken on their behalf.

Her hazel eyes searched the young maid's face pleadingly, brow furrowed with her own twinge of fear for the sake of her companions. In her panic, the girl had fled and been followed by both Hadrian and Dira. Eruvilui remained standing stoically next to Legolas, not wanting to leave him alone.

[Edited on 08/06/2014 by EruviluiGreenleaf]
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"Whatever is going on?" Legolas asked, hearing what had happened, he attempted to sit up, to no avail.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira sighed and returned.
"Whatever is going on?" Legolas asked, hearing what had happened, he attempted to sit up, to no avail.
"Nothing, we are safe," Dira replied, "For now."
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email