Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First678910Last >>
Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Oh you were against the Witch King in the War of the Ring you would be worth much more. Protector only thinks about himself and his money."
She wasn't being very nice the turn of events had soured her mood. Dira was pushed violently forward as the men outside tried to break in, and fell back hard.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"Dira!" Legolas yelled and ran over to his fallen friend, "Are you alright?" He asked as he helped Dira up, at that moment the door burst open and several men poured in.
The elves began it, waking up the trees, teaching them to speak...
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira staggered up with the help of Legolas. She had let herself get to careless. That's what you get for your mood she chided herself. Just then men poured through the door. She pushed Legolas back but in the process tossed him a knife. Her double swords flashed.
"Adûn!" she cried.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui smiled in spite of the situation, hearing the sarcasm tinged in her friend's voice, "I know for a fact that I am priceless, so this Protector would have his work cut out for him if he so desired my head," her words were seething, dripping with sardonic intent as she looked to Dira and then to Tegalad. Her attention then focused on Legolas who seemed to be slowly regaining his strength, "It is good to see you standing, Legolas," she spoke softly, stepping away slightly from the elf.

Just as Dira was shoved from the door, Eruvilui moved forward and took her place to brace against the potential onslaught, "They are breaking through!" she had only enough time to yell as a group of men came harshly through the door and into the room. In an instant, Eruvilui was in battle stance yet again. Her long-knife was readied, and the She-Elf placed herself, once more, in front of Legolas and the on-coming horde of men.
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tegalad aimed his bow, and, just as the face of the first attacker came through the crack of the door, he loosed one arrow, keeping the other two cleverly on the string.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira backhanded a soldier in the mouth and brought the hilt of one of her swords down on his head. She went to engage another when she felt a choking grasp on her neck. She went down with the attacker rolling around on the floor. The attacker prevented her from grabbing her dagger or using her swords. She could feel her breath coming in short gasps.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
The onslaught was a swift one, and Eruvilui immediately found herself engaged with one of the attackers. Skillfully, the She-Elf twisted in mid-air as though a cat in a second skin. Her blade cut through the air and found its mark as she buried the metal deep into the side of the soldier that had made the poor decision to attack. He fell swiftly, immobile. It was in this split second that Eruvilui caught Dira out of the corner of her eye in a dire situation.

"Dira!" she shouted in anger and fear, moving to simultaneously sheath her knife and reach for her bow. In a moment, the woman had tethered and let loose an arrow; it's song filled the air until it was cut short, plummeting into the neck of the soldier trying to strangle her companion.

Once the man fell, twitching, Eruvilui ran to aid her friend, "Dira...my friend...are you hurt?" she asked, eyes shining in worry and anger.
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira blinked, her breath coming in ragged gasps.
"I'm fine friend."
She rose and started to fight again.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
With her friend's response echoing in her ears, Eruvilui nodded and quickly returned to the fray. In another moment, the She-Elf found herself tangled with an abnormally large man in an attempt to keep him distracted from where Legolas was standing. Eruvilui's main concern was to keep her former prince out of battle, though she knew there was no way to keep him out of it completely. Hazel pools were hard as stone as she twirled around her opponent, blade landing on his own steel again and again. Though he was large and somewhat clumsy in appearance, Eruvilui found him a fair match as far as fighting skills were concerned. She felt a bead of sweat trickle down her temple as she spun again, nearly over-stepping her mark. In that moment of hesitation, the behemoth of a man turned and caught the woman in the middle of her back with the hilt of his sword.

Instantly, Eruvilui felt her breath leave her body as the air was forced from her lungs in shock. Pain shot through her spine as she landed heavily to one knee, attempting to withdraw the oxygen she'd lost to the atmosphere. Her eyes were wide as she immediately knew how exposed she'd been left by the attack. Everything felt as though it was moving in slow motion as she made an attempt to turn and face her foe.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira locked blades with her opponent, her two forcing his one down, down. In the corner of her eye she saw Eruvilui go down. In a moment of panic and terror for her friend her defense went down. Fortunately the man had not expected this and fell forward giving Dira just enough time to throw a dagger at the giant man swinging his sword at her friend. Then again she was locked in a deadly contest.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas was also locked in his own battle, he wasn't doing as well as the others, for he was still wounded severely but he had to defend himself, he couldn't just sit back while others fought for him. He ducked as a sword came close to almost ending his life, he instantly swung around and sunk the blade deep in the enemy's chest.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tegalad held the door open and kicked one oncoming attacker into the chest. He tumbled backward down the steps, hit bottom, and did not move again. His neck lay at an awkward angle, against the planes of the wall.

Gasping for breath, Tegalad turned top Eruvilui, Dira, and Legolas, who were finishing off their own opponents. "That was the last of them," he huffed. "We best leave this place."
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Besides a few red scatches on her neck Dira felt fine.
"Here," she said opening a hidden door to a tunnel, "Get out of here I need to finish something!"
She raced into a room where Hadrian and his maid were. The maid was already bound and gagged. Hadrian waited while Dira bound him. She brought the gag up and he nodded.
"You know one day they are going to catch on," he said quietly.
"Fortunately this will be the last time I need you," she replied.
"Good bye Cwen."
Dira nodded and set the gag in place. She rushed back into the room, covered their tracks, and replaced the passageway.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Her final opponent drew his last breath as Eruvilui turned on her heel to face Legolas who was obviously still struggling. Immediately, the woman went to his aid and lunged toward one of the men just before he landed his sword into the back of the over-exposed, blonde prince. Hazel depths were flashing dangerously as she twirled about, blade singing in the air as it found its mark deep within the gut of the attacker.

Breathing heavily, arms shaking, Eruvilui turned to face Legolas, "You need not be fighting, Legolas. Please...let us fight. I just want you safe," she added hastily while looking up to Tegalad as the other elf spoke, nodding in agreement as she looked around the chaotic room, "Aye, we should take our leave while we have a momentary upper hand," she added, placing a hand on Legolas' shoulder in order to help support the other.

As Dira revealed the hidden passageway, Eruvilui motioned for Legolas and Tegalad to enter, "I will wait at the mouth for Dira," she spoke plainly and waited for her companion to show herself once again, smiling softly when she re-appeared, "We made one hell of a mess, didn't we, my friend?" she spoke sarcastically as Dira sealed their escape route.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas held a hand to his side, it came back deep red, when was he wounded?he asked himself. He couldn't worry the otehrs, he would take care of this later. He hurried down the corrider, catching up with Eruvilui.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Once Eruvilui was satisfied that Dira had made it into the passageway in one piece and was otherwise un-harmed, the She-Elf moved ahead to catch up to Tegalad and Legolas. Her breaths were coming in short pants, and she could feel the sting of her injured shoulder beginning to rise in the back of her mind. She had a sneaking suspicion that the wound had been aggravated by the fight, but her mind was elsewhere. Her only concern was that her companions were safe. She reached Legolas first and noted immediately that the elf was struggling.

"Legolas?" she asked breathlessly, "My Lord? Are you alright?" she asked worriedly, "Have you been wounded again?" her voice was laced with concern.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"I'm alright, honest, we need to leave this place.." Legolas said, his hand still pressed tightly to his side, his vision was starting to waver in and out, I cannot worry the others but I do not want to loose conciousness either...he thought to himself as he looked up into Eruvilui eyes.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
She shook her head, "You are not fooling anyone, My Lord, least of all being myself," she reached out and removed his hand from his side, brows furrowing when she saw the crimson spreading beneath, "Your sutures must have come un-done in the fray," she shook her head, "You must let me tend to it," she spoke bluntly and moved toward the elf.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas shook his head and gently took his hand away from yours, "I will alright, please we must leave..." he said than suddenly stumbled into the wall, "I think I will need help afater all...." he said with a small laugh.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Her brows her knitted together in utter worry as she watched the prince struggling against himself, "Do not be the stubborn prince I have learned you to be, Legolas," she spoke defiantly, "Lean against that wall and lift your shirt just slightly above the wound," she added, speaking slowly as she looked to his pain-filled features.

Moving quickly, the She-Elf reached into the inside pocket of her outer coat to find the needles and suture she had leftover from earlier. Eruvilui hissed slightly as her shoulder burned but shook the sensation from her mind as she tended to the elf.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas gasped in pain as the needle entered but he soon controled himself enough for Eruvilui to finish, he than felt the tightness of bandges around him and he could sigh in relief,

"Thank you, my friend, where would I be without you?" he asked with a smile.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira walked up to Eruvilui and Legolas. She looked worried when she saw Eruvilui stitching Legolas up.
"Are you alright," she addressed the prince.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas nodded, "My recent injury reopened while we were fighting, it is really nothing, Eruvilui has helped me, I am able to walk now." he said standing up straighter but still had his hand on the wall.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira raised her eyebrow, "Sure you can," she said.
She took his arm and hooked it over her shoulder.
"Come we must hurry."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Her concentration was piqued while she skillfully sutured the wound once again, making sure the sutures had enough give and yet would hold in a moment of necessity. Her hazel eyes burned when she heard Legolas hiss in pain just as she completed her task. Pulling his tunic down over the area again once she'd bandaged the wound, Eruvilui looked up and smiled meekly, "You are too kind, My Lord, I am simply doing my duty," she nodded once and looked to Dira as the woman appeared.

"How do you fare, mellon nin?" she asked worriedly, "Have you taken and injuries?" she asked as she looked her friend over, "We must help Legolas," she added hurriedly, "His wound is already healing, but he cannot fight right now if the need should arise again."

She moved next to Legolas and followed the other woman's motions in suit, taking the prince's other arm and draping it over her shoulder, "Shall we get out of this hell hole?" she smiled softly.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tegalad nodded at Eruvilui's assessment, but then added, sharply, "If the Prince becomes too weak or ill to travel, we leave him behind."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui's head snapped in the direction of Tegalad, and her eyes burned with blazing fires. She was quiet, ire building within her body, as she contemplated her response to such a statement. She stood firm next to Dira and Legolas, still supporting the prince with her own body.

"You would leave behind one of your own so easily, Tegalad?" she questioned angrily, "That you would abandon us at the drop of something such as an injury never crossed my mind. Perhaps I have been holding you too highly in regard," she added, "If you deem Legolas unfit to follow you, then I will remain with him until he is well enough to catch up," her voice quavered with anger.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas was shocked at Eruvilui words but also very grateful "Thank you Eruvilui but I will be alright to move, we must not loose the day, we have to leave..." Legolas' voice came suddenly through the fighting, it was quiet but calm, he did not want to be dead weight to anybody.

[Edited on 08/22/2014 by johnson4466]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira looked shocked at Tegalad. No Elf would have said anything like that...at least not a older Elf.
"We will not leave him behind. Do you forget that he is son of Thranduil whom you seek council from?"
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui waited in silence for Tegalad's response, wondering what excuse the elf might have for speaking in such a manner. Her heart pounded in her chest, though her face remained void of much emotion. The She-Elf's eyes spoke her words for her and when Legolas replied, Eruvilui looked to him with a kind expression, "You are right, My Lord, we do have to leave," she looked to Dira, encouraged that her companion was on the same page as she was in regards to leaving the prince behind, "Dira speaks the truth."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Do you forget that you and the Prince are not the only ones on this journey?" Tegalad asked tensely. "Do you forget that there are three more of us who must continue on? What would happen to this quest should we all perish here?"
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Again, Eruvilui felt the anger boiling in her blood as she listened to Tegalad's words. To her, the sentences coming from his mouth were shrill and pierced her ears painfully. Internally the woman was warring, but on the outside she appeared calm and collected. Only her eyes gave any insight as to what was going through her brain.

"You speak as one worldly, Tegalad," she spoke finally, "but the tone you are taking truly gives me cause to believe otherwise. You should know very well that we know we are not the only ones on this journey," her eyes narrowed, "If you had but listened to what I have just stated, then you would not have questioned me thus. My volunteering for this journey was for Dira, not you. I have no connection to you and have even less than that now, but I will fight and die for those whom I am loyal," her tone was fierce and blunt, "Never would I consider abandoning those I care for, those who have gained my trust," she paused and looked first to Dira and then to Legolas, "I have already stated that I would stay with the prince should need arise, but I will not leave him alone; he whom you dare ask about how to prevail against impossible odds through a near-implausible quest?" she remained steadfast near Dira and Legolas as she spoke, knowing she might use more than words against Tegalad in this instance.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Stop this madness," Dira replied her voice harsh, "Telgalad is right we cannot risk Middle Earth's only hope. I am mortal, I will stay with him. No Eruvilui! You must lead them to Thranduil."
She stopped letting her words sink in.
"Or if we can outrun them for two days I think I could get some help. We need supplies and we cannot cross the Mountains without them."
She stepped towards Tegalad.
"What say you?"
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
You must lead them to Thranduil Dira had said

Legolas looked up into Eruvilui eyes, "Are we really going to see Thranduil?" he asked, his voice a little quiet and weak.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui allowed herself a moment to relax as she looked to Dira and listened to her companion speak. So much sense did the woman have that the She-Elf shook her head in spit of her own thoughts, "Dira...mellon nin," she smiled softly and shifted her weight so that Legolas was still being supported by her, "You are far more important to this quest than I," she spoke truthfully, "Many of my kind still exist both here in Middle Earth and in the Undying Lands, but you...your kind is nearly diminished. I would not risk you in any sense of the word," she added gently, "But I believe we can outrun them...Legolas' wound is not nearly as dire as it was prior," she looked to Legolas, "Yes, My Lord," she added, "we require your father's aid and must make it to him sooner rather than later."
<< First678910Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email