Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First7891011
Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira nodded, "We need supplies still and my friends will help us."
The climbed out of the hole blinking in the harsh sunlight. After a long slow whistle Eruvilui's two stallions galloped up.
"They must carry double my friend," Dira said.
=============================
Tegalad mounted one of the stallions with Legolas.
"Take us to your friends Dira."

[Edited on 08/27/2014 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui exited the tunnel and released a high-pitched, melodic whistle to summon both Surean and Arandil. The impressive stallions came bounding from the treeline across the field they'd exited into, and the She-Elf smiled brightly to see niether had suffered injury. Once she made sure the entire company was out of the secret lair, Eruvilui moved to Arandil and lightly climbed aboard the stallion's back, "It will be no trouble, mellon nin," she turned to face Dira, "Surean can carry both Legolas and Tegalad with ease. You and I will ride Arandil, as he is more apt to listen only to me," she added with a smile, "Lead the way, mellon nin."

=============================================================

Admittedly, Tegalad felt remorse for the way he'd spoke in such an outburst as he had. His pride, however, kept the elf silent as he aided Mirkwood's prince onto the back of the buckskin stallion. Once he'd made his statement to Dira, his eyes sought Eruvilui. The She-Elf had spirit and a definitive loyalty, which were both attributes that Tegalad appreciated; however, there was something about the woman that through him off.

"We must move swiftly," he added, looking again to Dira, "I fear we will have little time to create distance between us and those by whom we are being pursued," he added bluntly.
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira nodded and spurred Arandil forward. The party galloped away. It was a long three days, stopping only to eat and sleep and then continuing on. The landscape stretched out, a flat surface with dry brittle grasses. Finally they came upon a small wood, if one could even call it that. The trees were black burnt by fire and only a few green things peeked out from under matted grasses. Dira slowed the horses.
"We will have to walk from here," she said, then hesitated, "I must blindfold you also."
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"Blindfold? Whatever...for?" Legoals asked laying against Tegalads' chest, his eyes fluttering opening, he hated being this weak and helpless in front of other people, he was a Prince, he did not show this.
The elves began it, waking up the trees, teaching them to speak...
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Her mind comprehended the fact that their need was dire and that Dira knew best how to get them through this situation. Tegalad had remained silent while they rode across the plains, and Eruvilui found herself looking to the elf now and again as their journey took them closer to where Dira intended to lead them. Her hazel eyes lighted upon Legolas and became soft as she wondered what amount of dis-comfort her prince was enduring on their behalf.

When finally their spurred running came to its end, Eruvilui looked to Dira and agreed, "Very well, mellon nin," she looked to Legolas, "Take ease, My Lord," she spoke reassuringly, "Dira knows what she is doing, and we must respect the rules of her order," she added, accepting the blindfold willingly.

===================================================================

Tegalad looked to Legolas once they'd halted, "Forgive my harsh words, Legolas," he spoke suddenly, "I only wished for what is best for this journey, for the company," his words were true but void of any emotion as he looked to Dira and nodded, "If this is the will of the company, then I will agree to it," he added, also accepting the blindfold.
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas looked over at Dira as if she would give him the right answer, he finally answered, "I will accept it as well, though I do not like it..." he said attempting to sit up better, that did not last long though.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Captain Hargam would not appreciate it if I lead a group of stranger, even friends, into our caves," Dira explained tying the last blindfold.
She lead the horses through the burned forest till they came to a large dark cave mouth.
"They're letting their guard down," she grumbled.
She gave her familiar cry of an eagle answered by the howl of a jackal, the entering signal. They made their way through the winding path of the caves. Five men stepped out of the darkness.
"Who are they?"
"Friends from the Grey Havens," Dira replied.
"You succeeded! Praise Eru! You may pass."
"Randir!" came a all to known shout.
"Hallo Malcolm."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui smiled softly at Legolas' response to the idea of being blinded, something an elf was all-too uncomfortable experiencing. The She-Elf moved toward the sound of the prince's voice, "Now that's the opinion of the prince I once knew," she smiled again before willingly following the lead of her companion, "Lead on, Dira," she spoke, "I trust you."

As they walked, Eruvilui noted the sound of their foot-steps began to echo more and more loudly. The air felt heavy and damp, and the She-Elf knew they were heading under the earth. Her heart beat quickly against her ribs as the group continued on in silence, for she truly was excited to potentially meet more of Dira's kind. As suddenly as her mind wandered to the thought of the Dunedain, voices carried in response to Dira's call.
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
A tall, weather-beaten man stepped forward. His steely grey eyes peer out from under his weather-stained green hood.

"Dira, I am glad to see you safely returned. Are these the ones sent from the Undying Lands?"

"So few" he thought to himself. "Yet much greater deeds have been accomplished by fewer than these, and by weaker beings." Nevertheless, he still found it disconcerting that so few of the Elves seemed to care about the fate of Middle Earth.
ImageImage
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
The two friends embraced.
"I knew you would come," Malcolm said.
Just then the Captain approached. The Dunedain saluted respectfully. Dira saw and recognized the look on Hargam's face.
"I think we should talk sir," Dira suggested, "in private."
=======================
Malcolm glanced at the Elves, "Follow me."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"Who is there?" Legolas' quiet voice broke the silence a minute later, he had finally came to realize that someone else was there with them. "Speak your mind.." he said, he was still blindfolded but he could hear really well.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"I am called Malcolm sir. You can take the blindfold off," he said smiling.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas slowly took his blindfold off and looked around, they were in a cold and damp Cave, he was still on the horse with Tegalad, "I am Legolas of Mirkwood."

[Edited on 09/07/2014 by johnson4466]
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui listened carefully to the voices and deduced that they were not a threat. The tones were gritty and spoken as though from the chest, all-together masculine. Her sensitive ears picked up the subtle sounds of another man approaching, and the She-Elf suddenly felt as though she were being surrounded. Eruvilui internalized the sensation and left it alone, trying to remind herself that she was in the company of good men. Good men. Her thoughts were running away from her as she skillfully slid from the back of Arandil, landing lightly next to his shoulder. Placing a hand on the horse's warm body for comfort, the woman directed her attention to the voice of Dira.

The man who called himself "Malcolm" spoke with an air of happiness in his voice, and Eruvilui sensed this was directed toward Dira. A small smile flitted onto her features as she remained silent but readily complied when the man stated it was alright to remove her blindfold. She took the slip of material from her face, holding onto it tightly as her eyes adjusted to the dank cavern, "Well met, Dunedain," she spoke gracefully as she looked to both Dira and the one that Dira must have been regarding as one of some authority, "My name is Eruvilui, and I hail from the lands also once referred to as Mirkwood," she added, looking to Legolas and moving toward the elf slowly, "How do you fare, Legolas?" she queried with concern etched on her features.

Her attention then turned to the man called Malcolm, "Can you tell us, at least, where you might be taking us before we follow?" she asked, "Legolas is still recovering from grave hurt, so he must take some rest at some point," her tones were somewhat pleading.

=======================================================================================

Tegalad had remained silent throughout most of the journey and had continued his silence as they entered the cavern and were greeted by Dira's apparent companions. Only when Malcolm spoke to allow them reprieve of their blindfolds did Tegalad move to speak, "Our names are inconsequential to our mission," his words were blunt, "I am the appointed leader of this group, and I would also like to know where it is you will be leading us and why," he looked to Legolas and Eruvilui, "Though it is true Legolas is yet healing from his wound, our journey must not be delayed any further than it already has," he added plainly.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Malcolm nodded as the Elves stated their names and concerns.
"We will go further in the caves where you will receive food and drink," he frowned when they mentioned the wounds of the golden-haired Elf, "and care for your wounds."
He smiled when their leader mentioned delay. He did not know what "delay" was.
"We will see to your needs as quickly as possible. We will not delay you long."
He turned to the one called Eruvilui.
"You also need tending to," he said gazing at the bandage wrapped around the she-elf's arm. "May I look at the wounds of Legolas before we continue?"
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"You may.." Legolas said, the question was not directed toward him but he felt he had a right to answer, he slowly climbed off the horse, resting a little after, "You may proceed."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
There was something about the man named Malcolm that Eruvilui felt herself approving, for the man's voice was even and held no ill-will. His was an honest aura, and the She-Elf smiled with relief as she listened to him speak, "All which you speak of sounds to be agreeable, Malcolm," she spoke softly in response, "We've not had a decent meal for awhile," her words were true in the fact she'd taken little to eat or drink while in the human town, having been far too worried about Legolas to do so, "My wound is inconsequential and is healing well enough," she added, "Legolas is healing slowly...it became infected, and we did not know in time to ease its spreading."

She moved to Legolas in order to make sure he had someone to lean on should the need arise, "I have more healing herbs in my pack, so we can use whatever might be needed," she looked to the prince with a soft eye, "We need to make sure we can get you healed properly, Legolas..."
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Hargam led Dira back farther into the cave. "You have something to tell me, Dira. What is it? Is it about the Elves?"
ImageImage
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"No sir. I bring word from Gondor, from your father," she looked up at Hargam. "He wants to meet you in Mirkwood. Thranduil and the King of Rohan will be there. They plan to discuss war and he wants you to attend."
=============================
Malcolm lifted the Elf's tunic up and stared at the wound. It was indeed infected.
"Come we must get him to our healer," he said beckoning them to follow.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"Will I be alright?" Legolas asked, although he had a feeling the answer would not be good, he let Dira lead him down the cave for he could not yet walk on his own without feeling dizzy in the process.

[Edited on 09/09/2014 by johnson4466]
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
{OOC: Just as an FYI - Dira is not with us right now. She is meeting with the leader of the Dunedain. It is Malcolm that is helping us. }

IC:

Eruvilui looked to Malcolm with worry etched in her exquisite features, knowing that she had done all she could to help with the infection but had taken into account that the warg's mouth was full of infectious bacteria. She could only imagine the residual pathogens remaining in the prince's body. She knew that because his fever had long ago broken he was out of immediate danger, but the She-Elf also realized if they could not control what was left in his body then there was potential of sepsis. Her body shivered inwardly at this thought.

"You may have everything left in my pack, Malcolm," she moved toward the Dunedain, "Please...I..." she cleared her throat and looked to Legolas briefly, "...we cannot lose him..." she added solemnly, handing the man her pack.

=====================================================================================

Tegalad had chosen to remain in the main room of the cavern, sitting against the wall with a somber look on his face. The Elf truly did not know where he belonged currently, knowing he had over-stepped his bounds earlier. He berated himself for having spoken such words of obvious dis-regard and wished he could reclaim what he'd allowed to spill from his mouth. He chose to remain where he sat, knowing he would soon have Dira to confide in again or Eruvilui, whomever re-appeared first.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Malcolm frowned, "do you have fire weed. We use it when a wound is infected."
His face softened, Eruvilui seemed to care about the Elf.
"Let me see."
He pulled the Elf's tunic back up and fingered the wound carefully. Eruvilui brought him her pack and he searched the pack.
"Randir has told me about you, she needs good friends."
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui nodded fervently, "Aye, yes, I have some and used it to initially help with the high fever he was suffering from soon after he was wounded," she looked to Legolas again with a worried expression, "Legolas?" she queried, moving to stand near to the elf and Malcolm, "Malcolm is far better at healing than I could ever hope to be...we will get your wound to heal completely. I promise you," she added in a supportive tone.

In a moment of boldness, Eruvilui reached for and took the prince's hand in her own, "You can fight this, My Lord, you must..." she concluded, looking to Malcolm for support, "Ah...you know her by her given name?" a small smile flitted to the woman's lips, "It is good to know I am not the only one..." she looked to Legolas again before turning her attention back to Malcolm, "Shall we find a place to lay him?" she queried, knowing the prince to still be somewhat drained from the last few days.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Aye, but it took me much trouble and a near-death experiance to get it from her," he laughed.
Malcolm lifted the Elf and moved him to a wooden bench. Taking the herb he crushed it then spread it across the wound. Singing under his breath he pulled a small vial of oil from his pack and poured some on the herb. Finally, he wrapped a bandage around the Elf's back.
"There now that and a weeks worth of good sleep and he'll be healed."
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
"Thank you, Dira."

Mirkwood. It had been long indeed since Hargam had journeyed there. He did not relish the idea of returning. He had bad memories of that evil place.
ImageImage
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas looked over at Eruvilui who was still holding his hand, her eyes full of concern, "Eruvilui..." he started, squeezing her hand tighter, "I have to thank you for everything you've done for me, how could I ask for more...I know you have your own concerns but I'm still glad you're here.." he said with a small smile.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
She felt a rush of blood to her cheeks, and Eruvilui looked down to the floor of the cavern abashedly as she walked with Malcolm to help Legolas onto an awaiting cot. Her hazel eyes shone with the smile forming on her lips, "My Lord...I...I am simply doing my duty," her words were laced with an uncharacteristic air of being unsure, "I can't imagine not..." she shook her head and gave Legolas' hand a slight squeeze before allowing her fingers to slip from his, "I know you'd do the same for any of us, My Lord..." she looked to Malcolm again with a pleading glance, "You said a week's time?...I truly hope Dira will okay this...I can't leave him here..." she looked to the prince once again.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"I am afraid so that wound isn't deep but it is long," Malcolm answered. "He cannot leave before then."
He stood and leaned against the rock wall.
"We have met before," he spoke at last," only Dira introduced me as Gareth then. Perhaps if there is more light," he said touching the torch to a stack of wood, "You could recognize me."
=======================================
Dira bowed slightly, "With your permission I will return to the company sir."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"Eruvilui, there's no need for such formality with me, we've known each other for a really long time, you may call by my name." he said with the same smile on his face, he still held tight to her hand, not wanting to let go.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui felt Legolas take her hand once more, holding it tightly. With a small smile, the She-Elf knelt down beside the injured warrior, "Very well, Legolas..." she spoke softly, "...know that it is only a formal reason that I have always called you as such...though perhaps with Middle-Earth being in the state it is..." she looked to him with gentle eyes before looking to Malcolm once again, nodding in recognition, "Gareth?" he tone was that of surprise, "it...it is you, by the Valar!" she exclaimed, seemingly happy to see the young Dunedain, "I thought for a moment I recognized your voice, but I thought my mind might be playing a cruel trick..."

Her attention turned to Legolas again as she moved closer to him, "I cannot leave you alone, Legolas...so soon after..." the woman truly wished she could express her true thoughts but immediately thought better of doing so, "...not that you'd be in bad hands..." she looked to Malcolm again.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Malcolm laughed, "I prefer my alias when I'm out."
He looked solumnly at the two Elves there seemed to be a connection between the two.
"So what has happened to your company?" he asked nervously. "Are more Elves coming?"
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"We are the only ones from the grey havens but we are meeting up with more later.." he said his eyes closed from the pain, "Why is it you ask?" Legolas asked, a little worried.

Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Malcolm felt the hope drain from his heart, "We expected an army."
He shook his head, it had been to good to be true.
"But do not worry we will be fine," he said weakly.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"Is that so?" Legolas asked, worreid, he did not believe this, "Whatever are we fighting that needs an army?" he asked, his eyes open and wide.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eruvilui stayed close to Legolas, resting a hand in a supportive manner on the prince's shoulder as she removed her hand from the elf's hand. She was suddenly so unsure of herself in regards to the type of emotions she should be showing so openly around Legolas and anyone else that might be near, including Malcolm. Hazel depths shifted to the Dunedain, "Malcolm...Gareth..." she spoke, words shaking somewhat as her gaze moved again to Legolas, "It might be best to...not talk about what is to come? Legolas has been through much and...he had such a high fever earlier," she shook her head and felt her eyes burning, "This is all just..." she shook her head, "There has to be hope...there was always hope..." she looked to the ceiling of the cavern, candlelight flickering on the walls, "Aye, by the Valar...I don't know what to do..."
<< First7891011
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email