Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Post Would you/Do you "recycle" your RPG characters?
on: June 20, 2014 03:41
Hey all!

Just wondering if you would ever consider or ever have re-used a RP character. Like, you used them in one RP, and then a few months later used them in another, different story RP thread.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I use my Linriel in a role play outside of CoE and am considering using her in LOTRO.

I have another character, a vampire, (yes, a vampire) that I have used in separate role plays.

[Edited on 06/22/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
What is LOTRO, Lindarielwen?

I have used all of my characters in RPGs only one time. But I was thinking about reusing another in a new thread.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
LOTRO stands for Lord Of The Rings Online. My friend wants me to join but I understand it takes 8 hours to download and lots of people had trouble doing that.

If you like a character, I don't see any reason not to reuse it.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
I think it's fine to use the same character in different RP's, as long as you are true to their particular characteristics. Otherwise, you might as well create a new character.

I have one who was in several different RP's: one way before LotR and two after. I used his history from the first one to build on the second one and by then knew him really well to write him into the third one which was set before LotR. Once you create that history, it's fun to see it fit into other RP's. Besides, he's just too handsome to leave alone...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Clicking on the link...

Have to say I agree, Nenya. Would you consider jumping back into the RPG universe?
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
Thanks, Maxie! He's one of my favorites. Image I've thought about RPing again but I just don't have the time to commit to it.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
You could always join the Newbie Pub.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Post Character re-use and recycling...
on: June 25, 2015 09:04
I am the first to admit to "recycling" my RP story characters. Usually if I have a solid character, I may use them in different RP's as part of their 'timeline'. I also have taken previous character profiles and tweaked them into different characters, and have experimented with writing various different characters. I have written predominately the Second Born (men/women) of Middle Earth, with the Dunedain of Arnor and its three parts being my main focus. I have also written Southern Dunedain, Northmen of Rhovanion, Easterling of Rhun, Haradian, Men from Khand (Khandese?), Numenorean, & Dunlanding. I have written a couple Hobbit characters, but only one Elven character and no Dwarves.

I have a whole catalogue of mostly unused or little used characters I have created, so it's easy to "recycle" aspects of them into new characters. And yes, on occasion, I take an old character and dust them off and use them in new RPs. my character Dukhalas in Darkest of Days is one such character.

Anyway.... it's good to use what you have!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email