Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, Elf, um....Halt couldn't have shot them with a flaming arrow because while he could have soaked the arrows, his plan was to wait till the Kalkara were close up and ignite the fire and catch 'em off guard. He couldn't have lit the arrow. Anyways, yeah, Mareth summed it up pretty well. Anyways, Mareth you are going to be SO JEALOUS OF ME. I'm second in line for Slaves of Socorro at the library. Of course, I've only read book 1, but I thought it would be best if I went ahead and ordered it because it was so new. I'M SO LUCKY!!
Oh yeah, and I finished RA. I didn't read book 12, though. Ugh. Who would want to?
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, hey! I started the second page! How cool! Anyways, does anyone know how to get a picture on your signature? 'Cause I found this awesome picture of Aragorn that I frickin' LOVE!!
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I did and went into shock. So I wouldn't suggest reading it. It didn't seem like Ranger Apprentice.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, I read the back and I was like...uh uh. I returned it to the library shortly after.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor said: I did and went into shock. So I wouldn't suggest reading it. It didn't seem like Ranger Apprentice.

AMEN.

Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow said: Yeah, I read the back and I was like...uh uh. I returned it to the library shortly after.

I told you so! I told you not to read it, but what do you do? Go check it out! Good grief.

I ordered Slaves of Soccoro a couple weeks ago (or was it shorter?), but it hasn't arrived yet.

And Elf, I believe the cause for double posting is when you accidentally (or purposefully...been there, done that) click the 'Post' button twice.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Council Member
Send Message
I GOT SLAVES OF SOCORRO!!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Pretends to be indifferent* What of it? Have you read the others yet?

I actually have a lot of other books to read....so it's not like I'm just waiting around here without any other books to keep me occupied. I will probably stop reading all those books when Slaves of Socorro finally arrives though.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, points excepted guys. My mind always works different then everyone else's....I just started book three, and was anyone else ready to cry when Halt had to hand over his Oakleaf???
@Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow, do you really shaft to flaunt that?
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
Council Member
Send Message
Okay sorry Mareth. Couldn't help rubbing it in just a little. anyways I'm actually only on book 2 but I figured since book 4 was pretty new and I'd finish book 2 pretty fast that I'd just get them all. I can't wait till book 5 comes out! Anyways yes Elf I balled my eyes out when Halt handed over his oakleaf.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Rolls eyes* Oh, I'm sure your sorry.

I don't know that I actually cried, but I probably felt like it...

I'm reading RA aloud to my sisters (I won't let them read it to themselves because of the language factor...); just finished the first one last night. They are totally in love with them! Now we all freak out together about Rangers. In fact, the three of us want to make Ranger costumes to wear to the theater when we go see the last Hobbit movie.
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, the language bit I feel like slapping everyone who says the "D" word. Yes, even Halt. I try not to read thoughsbwords but, you know how it is when your reading. You should so do that!! And me and Jedi Knight will do it too!!
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hmmm I'd forgotten the language. I felt sad in book three but I have a nasty habit of foresight in a book. We went to the bookstore so I read in Outcasts for a bit.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
ElfwithAtatude said:Yeah, the language bit I feel like slapping everyone who says the "D" word. Yes, even Halt. I try not to read thoughsbwords but, you know how it is when your reading.

Amen to the first part. I just edit out the words as I read. I really want to own the books though, because than I can mark out the language.

You should so do that!! And me and Jedi Knight will do it too!!

That'd be really cool!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I think my biggest problem with RA was I never worried about Will. No wounds (or he gets a scrape and you never hear about it again) no close to death experiances.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
About the language but, I think that I am desensitized to it because of what I hear in school all day. I will put a book down if it has the s word or stronger.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor said:I think my biggest problem with RA was I never worried about Will. No wounds (or he gets a scrape and you never hear about it again) no close to death experiances.

Actually, Cenor, Will does have quite a few near-death experiences. In Siege of Macindaw when he's lowering himself out the window and Keren cuts the rope, when Alyss is about to kill him, in Book 7 when he got lost in the desert and almost died, in book 3 when he got addicted to warmweed and enslaved, in book 5 or 6 I'm not sure which but he was almost killed by the Scotti commander dude, in book 12 he almost got his head chopped off, in book 1 he almost got killed by the boar.
Council Member
Send Message
Ps. Cenor I love your avatar.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Okay in book 12 was the most I was worried about Will (being the last book) but the others either the author gave too much knowledge so you knew he wasn't going to die or there were plenty of books afterward so you knew the story didn't end. I still have that problem where he receives a wound and one hears nothing of it afterward. At least in book 1 it mentioned that Halt's leg was still injured.

P.S. Thanks

[Edited on 10/04/2014 by Cenor]
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
@ Mareth_Ravenlock thank you!!

@findemaxam48 I could see how that would happen. I go to a private school myself so I don't hear that kind of stuff, but I have several friends who go to public school and tell me all kinds of stories.

And Cenor: again awesome avatar.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, there is really no way to get around it. Most good books have a strong word or two or nine hundred and sixteen.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah....wait. 916??? I've never seen a book with 916 strong words!!
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah....wait. 916??? I've never seen a book with 916 strong words!!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I was being sarcastic. Though sometimes I could believe it.
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Hahaha, that's what I thought, but it's hard to tell when your not face to face with someone.
Council Member
Send Message
@ Cenor: Yeah, I guess you're right since it was the last book. I can never put a good book down once it starts, and everyone's always like, 'Why bother? You know they're gonna live."
And I say, 'yeah, but it's HOW they're gonna live that fascinates me.'
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Good point JKES. Like I that Will and Evenlen live through book four, but do they make it??
Council Member
Send Message
Hehehe. OF COURSE THEY DO! Sorry if I just spoiled that for you but them living is kind of a given.
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
To true Ro, too true...
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Same for me I want to know how.

What do you guys think about Will's character?
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Will!! I really like him. I've heard he gets more awesome as the books go on. He kinda reminds me of my youngest sister.... But he's really creative, it's just something about him that makes him so likable.

Btw, I finished book 4!! On to book five!!
Council Member
Send Message
I LOVE WILL!! well not love live but HES SO AWESOME!! not as awesome as Halt of course. Hey did you hear they're doing an RA movie to be released 2016?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Will is awesome.

No way, Ro!!! I'm not expecting much...I have this sort of feeling that they will totally ruin it. I probably won't see it...because RA is pretty much my most favorite series of all time.

By the way...I only realized last night (and only because my sister pointed it out to me) her name isn't Evelyn, like I thought it was. It's Evanlyn. I was sooo weirded out! I just always thought it said Evelyn...*facepalm* I refuse to call her Evanlyn, though. She will always be Evelyn in my head. Did anyone else think she was Evelyn, or was that just me?
Council Member
Send Message
Dude I'm totaly seeing it. And with Flanagan still alive and kicking he might not let them change it too bad. Um...yeah. My older sister did the exact same thing and i was like Dude there's an N in there! I only gaunt it cause I'm a total word junkie.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I think I read Evenlyn. WHAT A MOVIE!!!??? I am so watching it....if my mom lets me...she hasn't read the RA. They have to get Halt right or I'm not watching it.
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, that's what I heard from my friend at school, anyway. Then I googled it and sure enough it said there was supposed to be one coming out in 2016. but then again they started one a while ago that was supposed to come out this year but it didn't really happen. I'll keep my eye on it. They, if they don't get Halt right, then the movie's going downhill from there. If my mom hears they say the D word a bunch she might not let me. But then again I hear that kinda stuff all the time.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email