Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678
Author Topic:
Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow
Council Member
Send Message
Can I be a Genovesan as well? Pwitty pwease???
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Ok, I'll be a Skandian. Who's the Skandian? Will he be a made-up character or an actual one like Erak or Svengal?
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I think we are using Nils Ropehander for the skirl of the wolfship, correct Cenor? I really like him, so I'm excited about that.

I can be a rebel or something, if you need more people for that.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Council Member
Send Message
Oh yay I like Nils. So is it a yes or no on the Genovesan?
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Who's Nils? Never heard of him. :/
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Same here
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
Council Member
Send Message
Nils is in book five. I'm guessing you haven't read that one yet?
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Nope So I'm Nils Ropehander?
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Ah, I love Nils! Don't worry Alex, Nils is an awesome character. Oh, Merry Christmas, everyone!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Would be good if I read book 5 and see how Nils talks. And Merry Christmas!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, you should read that book. Thank you.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Since no one else is answering Ro's question...sure, you can be Genovesan. (And hopefully that's alright with everyone else...?)

I would recommend reading book five, Alex. But if you can't, Nils is mostly like other Skandians, so it shouldn't be too hard to write him. It would be helpful to read the book, though, just to get his character down.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
I don't think I'll be able to read the book any time soon, so would it be ok to use Svengal as a reference? Or is he too far off? From what I read on the wiki, I would think that Nils is somewhat haughty (?) and stubborn, and not very intelligent.
Council Member
Send Message
[/quoteYeah hes pprettymuch kinda like Svengal. Your description of him is pretty good but after he learns to trust Horace and Will hes really loyal and nice.
thanks for answering my question Mareth! okay what's a good name for a Genovesan...
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, Nils is actually different the Svengal...but yeah, somewhat haughty at times, stubborn (aren't all Skandians?), fierce in battle, extremely loyal...basically what y'all said.

As for Genovesan names...I'll have to look into it.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Nice avi and sig Mareth!

Try Spanish names...like...Duero or Lares
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Council Member
Send Message
Oh I like Due to and Lares! Hmm...now which one? Nice avi Cenor even though I liked you're other one better. That one's still cool though. Where do you get it?
Council Member
Send Message
Oh I like Due to and Lares! Hmm...now which one? Nice avi Cenor even though I liked you're other one better. That one's still cool though. Where do you get it? And I LOVE your Sig!!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, Cenor! Alexanda drew it for me.

I think Duero is better. Looks and sounds more evil.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Gilan - Mareth

Gilan's apprentice, Asher - Elfie

Halt's niece, Genevieve - Ro

Nils Ropehander - Mareth

Insurgent(insert name)- Mareth

Insurgent, (inserts name) - Mellwen

Insurgents leader, Nathaniel-Cenor

Genovesan 1, Duero -Ro

Constance - Cenor

Camp Cook, Damian - Cenor

Governor (insert name )- Cenor

+ more characters

Still needed: Two Genovesans.

Alrighty, updated Character List! Um Where are we going to start the RP? When the company gets on the boat? Did everyone like the title Silent Shadows?

As soon these ^ questions are answered I will set up the OCC (Out of Character Conversation) so we can move our planning there.

[Edited on 01/04/2015 by Cenor]

[Edited on 01/06/2015 by Cenor]

[Edited on 01/21/2015 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Council Member
Send Message
Got it. Yup, I like Silent Shadows. That one's got my vote. And I think I'll go with Duero for my Genovesan. So maybe if nobody claims the other two we can just kinda use them when we need them? I dunno. They're still up for grabs, everybody!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Somehow I picture this Governor to be a fat, nervous man and somehow this type of character is appealing to me right at this moment...Anyone mind if I make him my fourth character I don't mind if anyone else wants him...kinda hogging the characters here
Council Member
Send Message
Have at it Cenor. I think he shoulder be fat and obnoxious too. Great idea!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I was also picturing him as a fat man...go for it, Cenor.

Can I be another insurgent? And I guess I could try for the Genovesan. But I must admit, I have absolutely no idea how to write one.

Perhaps the RP should start just before they leave...maybe when they are on their way to the ship? Or just when they get on it, like you said. Really, whatever you guys want is fine.

And Cenor, 'Silent Shadows' is my favorite title from your list, so I'm fine with it.

When are we planning to start this RP by? Perhaps if we had a goal, it would speed up our planning. Just a thought.

[Edited on 01/05/2015 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Haha! Yeah Cenor, a fat guy is fine.

I don't really care when it starts.

Yep, I'm good with 'Silent Shadows'.

Maybe we can plan on having it going in a week or two. Is that fine with y'all?
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
I'm so sorry guys. I won't be coming on to CoE for a while. I have major things coming up that I need to focus on. Hopefully someone can take Nils Ropehander for me. Looking forward to seeing the RP thread when I come back. Farewell!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
You will surely be missed, Alex!

I can try to take over Nils, unless someone else wants to? I've never written a Skandian, but...with help and advice, perhaps I could learn...

But really, if any one else wants to do it, that's totally fine.
Council Member
Send Message
Awww. Bye Alex well miss you!
You can have at Nils Mareth. Skandians shouldn't be too bard to write. Well if you've read all the books Byway.

Yeah I think starting it in a week or two would work.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Bye Alex!

I have no problem with you playing Nils.

So how about we start where they are just about to board the ship?

Oh where is Elfie?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, I'll have a go at Nils...

Yeah, I think that would work, Cenor.

Oh...come to think of it, Elfie has been gone for awhile! Any idea where she is, Ro?
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Hi!! Sorry, I disappeared for a while there, I kinda got side tracked.....anyway everything sounds good to me!! You guys are doing a fantastic job.
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Where did everyone go?

Do we have anything else to figure out before we start this thing?
Council Member
Send Message
Oops sorry didn't realize Id been gone so long. Okay so before we start lemme gt this straight.
we start with Gilan his apprentice and the Skandians on the ship and hey go to Aslava. They discover me (Genevieve) as a stow away. They talk to the governor dude and upon further investigation Golan and his pals join the insurgents. Governor sets the Genovesan assasins on them and the battle begins.
Is that right?
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Sounds right to me.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Okay. I guess I could be Genovesan too (those are the bad guys, right?). Sorry, I just get really confused with who-is-who and what-is-what. So, what are we gonna get this thing going?
<< First45678
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email