Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678
Author Topic:
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Guys I'm on book six!!
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow
Council Member
Send Message
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Gee Ro....what's that supposed to mean???
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry. I didn't actually mean to post anything.
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
P.S. For those in the RP forum, I put up my characters profile in the Silent Shadows NT cause I wasn't sure where to put it. Just thought you might want to know.

So haven't started book six yet, school books first, then I've got book club books, then I'm reading RotK....yeah lots of books.
Council Member
Send Message
Aaahh! You must read it!!
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Started book six!! On second chapter!!!
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Hi! I'm back after my long stay-away. Missed you guys, and managed to read all of book six while gone.....
Council Member
Send Message
Yay! What did you think? Wasnt the ending so cute?
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
That was my ummmm third, I think????? time reading it...... I love it so much!!! That and the seventh, and the tenth, and the ninth, and oh, all of them! The ending is precious, I love the last sentence. (I will give no spoilers to those who haven't read yet, but you SHOULD! )
Lorienmaid143
Council Member
Send Message
Rangers Apprentice??? There is a Rangers Apprentice forum on a LotR website??? This is a crazy unexpected amazing surprise! I have read the entire series at least three to four times, but I don't like the 12th book at all!
And these three remain, Faith, Hope, and Love. But the greatest of these is Love. 1 Corinthians 13:13 ~Member of the Realm of Nessa~
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you so much elfmaiden77 I'm only on chapter....*flips to bookmark* chapter 6....
Council Member
Send Message
Yes! I love the last sentence! It is SO CUTE!! The eighth book is my favorite
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Half way though!!!
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
HI guys! Sorry I haven't been here in a while. But I finished book six and the last two chapters where amazing and made the whole book worth it!! Alyss's letter to Will was so sweet. That whole book was amazing!!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yes it was! Glad you liked it Elfie!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Council Member
Send Message
I know right? Will/Alyss is so freaking adorable.
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I think Flanagan did a really good job on that couple.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
How do we ship them?

Wiyss?

Alill?

RanchDip? (Ranger & Diplomat don't know where the "ch" came from...)
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Hehehe, RanchDip I like that one!! but I think I like Wilyss.
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
I like RanchDip.
So I officially got two of my friends just as much in love with Rangers Apprentice as I am. I have all 11 books, so I have let them borrow them though! Ah, but thats what friends are for
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
That's great!! I got one of my friends to start reading them but she reads so many books that she's still on the second one.
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
I read up to book 7. I like the first 2 books best, although a certain event involving Halt in book 7 was great too.

I only started reading them to see if they were actually plagiarized off of LOTR. Sorry! I know that could sound offensive. I concluded they were not at all, but did anyone else see some (superficial when you get down to it) similarities? Rangers are shadowy people distrusted and suspected of having supernatural powers by the common people that they receive no thanks for protecting.
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
I noticed that too Elfeawen!!! But I kinda thought it was cool that there werre similarities but the books where completely different. Unlike another series of books that I was reading, had several parts that seemed to be completely plagiarized off of LotR, The Hobbit, and Harry Potter. (I've never read Harry Potter but that's what I was told)The original idea was good but too many things were too similar and everything was done to easily.

anyway, I went off on a tangent. I'm gonna start book seven soon, I just gotta finish a couple of other books first.
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, this feed as been really inactive!! Well, I'm almost done with Erak's Randsom and I kinda love and hate that book at the same time. But right now I love it a lot.
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
I kind of felt the same way. I wonder if we love and hate the same things? There were a couple of personal developments that were highly intriguing or amusing, and I really liked learning what it was like for Will to face the end of his apprenticeship. Haha, so why are the rest of the books still called Ranger's Apprentice?

What I didn't like were some of the new characters and they way they were handled, particularly the villain. Some other stuff too.
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
Dinroswen
Council Member
Send Message
I AM SOOO GLAD Y'ALL ARE INTO RANGER'S APPRENTICE! I'm re-reading the series for like the twentieth time now (no joke). There will never come a time when I'm too old for Ranger's Apprentice. Same with Brotherband
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
<< First45678
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email