Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
Post What about re-opening the NT forum-Update NT forum now open!
on: July 29, 2014 08:46
I would consider re-opening this forum on the condition that everyone posting in it is a regular user of the TT or TR forums.

Any opinions?

UPDATE
As of Aug 1 the forum is now open - see the posts below

[Edited on 08/02/2014 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
My reasoning for the above condition is that I don't want the forum taken over by people with no interest in the works of Tolkien.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I would have no objection to it, except for the overwhelming response of others coming onto the site who have no Tolkien interest. But tehre is really no way to remedy that.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I would like the reopening of NT. Correction. I would Love the reopening of NT. But I do agree that those who play in NT have to play in TT or TR.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 07/30/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I agree with having NT players be a part of TR as well. (Does anyone play TT?) And how active must they be? A post once in a while? Will one post a month in TR be enough for someone to join NT?

anyway, I have this great vampire girl and she.....
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I agree. How about the rule is that you must be active in at least one TT/TR thread, meaning two or three posts a week, in order to work in the NT thread?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Good idea, Maxie but we have players now that do not post that often. How would something like this be monitored? And if someone had not posted in TR for a while does that mean they cannot post in NT? Would they be removed from the role play for not being active?
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
CoE is a site for fans of the works of Tolkien, and I'd still like for the RP forums to reflect that.
In the past, when we had the NT forum running, it ended up being full of members that went nowhere else on the site.
I don't envision enforcement being strict, but I'd really prefer the NT forum be a 'secondary' forum for our members with the TR forum being the primary forum and the TT forum eliminated as a duplication.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I agree with all you said, PotbellyHairyfoot. The only thing to do is give it a try and if it does not work out, then end it.
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
Okay then - as of tomorrow, Aug 1st- the Non-Tolkien forum will be open for Tolkien fans to try out having adventures in other realms.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yay! I really hope that this works out.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email