Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
AprilUndomiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Newbie needs your help
on: September 08, 2014 02:15
I am new on CoE and I was wondering how RPG's work here. I have been doing lots of RPG's on other sites, but here it's very different. So do you just post your story and the characters you need and just start to play?
I looked around the forum, but I still don't really understand, so it would be nice if you could help me out on how to start/join a forum.
x Lisa
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hello AprilUdomiel!

To start a RP: I would read the rules found in the Sticky Topics in each Forum. I have never started a TT RP but I have started a couple TR and one NT RPs. Create a OOC thread that gives a bit of history about the RP. Then open your RP in the TT, TR, or NT forum. I will warn you that TT has seemingly died but you can revive it. I hope this makes since. Our Moderator will help if you need any.

To join a RP: Please also read the rules . Also look at the thread you are joining it will say PM to join or OOC to join. Go to the OOC thread if so or PM the starter of the RP.

I hope this makes sense.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
I suggest you start easy - think of a character and try them out in the newbie pub in the TR section! It will give you a basic idea how things work. That is the only one (I guess) that doesn't need any mod or gm approval to join. Otherwise it's always best to contact the person who owns the thread you want to join and ask their permission, and to consult them regarding the character ideas you have.

See you on the battlefield! Or in a pub
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hi and welcome, AprilUndomiel! I just wanted to mention that some of the originators of a role play are no longer playing. As with Crossed Paths, our dear Ella is quite busy with classes and we do not see her too often. I would suggest a post in the OOC thread of the role play you are interested in.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, and some of the plot lines and characters have mutated along with that. And a good chunk of threads are no longer in play. The little flames ahead of the thread title will tell you the activity of the thread, but typically, in TR, the top six threads are usually in pretty heavy use.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
It delights me to see Crossed Paths is nearing 1400 posts. We have undergone so many changes since that role play started but...we are a hearty group and have survived and will continue to do so. A heartfelt thanks to all our players, past and present.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
My doubles are no longer contained in the Games Forum....grrrrrr

[Edited on 10/08/2014 by Lindarielwen]
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
hey, the easiest way I found is to use the chat bar, and find someone who will play with you.

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Well, that depends on what you want to do. The role plays here are a continuing story. People work very hard to develop a story line and their characters.

One on one is more like a private role play but when you play on the chat bar your posts are not saved. But hey, if it works for you then great!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email