Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow
Council Member
Send Message
Post Brotherband Chronicles Discussion
on: October 12, 2014 10:34
Hey everybody! I'm reading Slaves of Socorro and I REALLY need someone to fangirl (or fanboy) out with. Anybody like to chat?
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
HIII!!! Bet you never guessed it would be me to post first, huh?

I really like the Brotherband!! Not as much as RA (of course) but I still think they are awesome. Because...well....I love Skandians.

And guess what, Jedi??? They are processing Slaves of Socorro into my library! Super excited!!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Council Member
Send Message
Oh hello! Yeah, I like RA more than Brotherband, but Brotherband is still just so FREAKING AWESOME!! John Flanagan, you rock! Oh, that's so exciting! I remember when I ordered it from our library and I was only 2nd in line for it. That made my day. I really can't wait for Scorpion Mountain. DECEMBER 2nd!! Hehe. I'm gonna give my parents the WORST time trying to find that book in bookstores...
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Ha ha I have all the Brotherband in my controlat my library.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I liked the first book, but I didn't care for the second. Maybe I will take another look at it.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Council Member
Send Message
WHAT?! Al the books are totally awesome. GO GILAN!!
Gandalfs_Pipe
Council Member
Send Message
I'm currently reading the second book in the series and i read all of the RA books and LOVED them!!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I finally got Slaves of Socorro yesterday!! Haven't read much yet, but it's pretty awesome so far.

Hey, Gandalfs_Pipe you should join our RA discussion!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, Gandalfs_Pipe, you should! Oh lucky you, Mareth! I'm on..like chapter 36 I think. It's really good, except Lydia is a jerk. But she's been like that the whole time, so...yeah.
Council Member
Send Message
PS. Mareth how did you get that picture on your signature?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I'm on chapter 22 now. Yay for Gilan!!!

It's my Realm insignia, Jedi. Got it from my Realm Head. She sent me then link to it, and then I simply placed it in the [img] boxes.

[Edited on 10/18/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Council Member
Send Message
Wow. You read fast. I'm on chapter thirty seven now. Oh, 'cause I've been trying to get my realm insignia on there and it won't work. And all my realm leaders won't respond.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Eh...not nearly so fast as my older siblings.

If you have a copy of your Realm insignia, perhaps I'd be able to help you with it.
Council Member
Send Message
Uh..Ai don't think Ive got a copy of it. How do you do that?
anyways I finished book four!! It was so awesome..Jesper is the best.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I read book 1 and yes Ro, Jesper is the best.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Council Member
Send Message
YAY! Another person agrees with me! Maybe I just think he's so awesome because I am exactly like him in everything he does. Or maybe he's just freaking awesome. I think both. Especially the second. We've gotta start a forum just to talk about Jesper's awesomeness.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Ro: I'll see if my brother has some way of getting it...he's in Orome. If I can find a copy of it, is shouldn't be hard for you to get it in your siggy.

Jesper is cool, yes. I'm still not sure who is my favorite though...they are all pretty awesome.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message

Is this what your looking for?

I just learned that my library doesn't have the fourth book. Grrrrrr......
Council Member
Send Message
bummer Cenor. The fourth book was probably my favorite. Probably because of Gil and all the cool Jesper action. Yeah, that's the picture! Thanks Cenor. Am I just supposed to save it to my computer, Mar?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hit IMG button on post and copy it. Then post it on sig. Then go back and copy the Leaf and go back and post in IMG buttons. That's how I did it.
Council Member
Send Message
Oh thank you! That helps a lot.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry, I didn't get around to posting in here...

But I think Cenor did a much better job than I would have explaining it.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks!

Now back to BB...I finished book three! And now I'm trying to decide whether or not to use my one week's worth of allowance to buy and pre-order books 4 & 5 or buy the "Don't Tread On Me" shirt................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message

Since I have no idea what the "Don't Tread On Me" shirt is (and probably even if I did...) I would say buy the books!!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I know but I just can't decide! *Bangs head* Lets see my Christmas list will comprise of Tolkien, RA, BB, and gun stuff. Oh I am saving up for a longbow!
Council Member
Send Message
I would buy the books. THEYRE SO FREAKING AWESOME!! Don't you love it when the Skandians use swords? Especially Hal and Jesper.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yup Jesper...I saw oak leafs for sale....I want one! Oh if you guys are on facebook there are pages for Ranger's Apprentice and Brotherband!
Council Member
Send Message
I made an oakleaf pendant. It really looks like metal though it's actually foamboard.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Oh you will have to post a picture! The pictures of the saxe knife disappoint me.
Council Member
Send Message
Oh yeah me too. I was like...what is this?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I imagined a sort of leaf shaped blade (broad at the hilt then smaller at the point) not some thin blade.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Here are some pics off of Facebook. Of course the faces are all wrong.

Council Member
Send Message
Oh man. Those faces look nothing of how I imagined them. but anyways I think Gilan would win for the first one and the second one...not sure. Stig and Horace are both really good though. Hmm...I guess it all boils down to battleaxe or sword??
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Oh my....those faces are nothing like how I see them in my mind...

I don't know as far as the duels go, though.

So, I finally finished Slaves of Socorro last night!! I would have finished it way sooner, but I wasn't reading it all the time...anyways. It was awesome.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Actually some people wanted Horace (by the way I like his picture) and Thorn to face off. Battle master v.s. Maktig. More pics!

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email