Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Will would win.

Thorn and Horace would be interesting...
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I like the pictures as well. I see their point, Each nation's campions against each other. What would be funny is a sarcasm battle between Halt and Thorn.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow
Council Member
Send Message
Oh Halt would totally win that one. I really wish Flanny would have had Hal shoot his crossbow more.I mean,it's so cool!
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah it looks awesome in the pick....who do you guys think the other characters in the pic are?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I think Halt would win, between Halt and Thorn.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, all those pics are really cool, even if some of them aren't really how I imagined them. Does anybody else think that on the cover of The Hunters Hal kinda looks like Daniel Boone? I think it's just the watch cap, my sister and dad said the same thing. Hal is totally awesome, he's my second favorite character. Jes being the first, of course. I like Edvin a lot too.
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah he looked...not like Hal...I think the guy standing to the left of the mast in the big picture is Jesper because of the sword beside him.
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah. Hal and Jes were the only two with swords right?
Council Member
Send Message
Oh I think were talking about 2 different pictures. Hal looks like Daniel Boone on the other Hunters cover. Ill see if I can get a picture on here.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah I know which one you were talking about. I was just mentioning the one I posted.

I am going to die!!!! Slaves of Socorro is sitting in my shelves and I must read A Tale of Two Cities and Le Miserables before I can even glance at it. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
Council Member
Send Message
Oooh. I'm so sorry Cenor. I have to say I think Slaves of Socorro was the best one so far. But anyways...why is the radio playing CHRIDTMAS MUSIC already? I guess the day after Thanksgiving is the official starting of the Christmas season but...isn't it a bit early?
Council Member
Send Message
Oooh. I'm so sorry Cenor. I have to say I think Slaves of Socorro was the best one so far. But anyways...why is the radio playing CHRIDTMAS MUSIC already? I guess the day after Thanksgiving is the official starting of the Christmas season but...isn't it a bit early?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Seriously Ro? You are complaining? I had to listen to christmas music all day Friday!
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, the radio station is CONSTANTLY playing Christmas music. It's way too early for that. Wait a second, why did you have to listen to Christmas music all day? *shudders* That sounds terrible. I mean, I love Christmas music...but this early?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
One word: Sister

Back to Brotherband....it comes out the 2nd right?
Council Member
Send Message
Oh joy. That's my little sis too.
Yes. Back on topic.I AM SO EXCITED FOR SCORPION MOUNTAIN!! It was released yesterday *happy dance* I hope I get it for Christmas.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
I just read Slaves of Socorro and it was pretty good! I was just excited to have Gillan pop in!
I think I like RA better overall (but really only the first few books, anywhoo). I'm just waiting for my younger sisters to get the new one and read it (and me to be done with finals) so I can read it! Do we know if anyone else from RA is going to be in it?
I know my sisters and I don't like Lydia. How do y'all feel about her?
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Council Member
Send Message
I dint like Lydia much either. She seems really immature or something. I k ow in Scorpion Mountain Gilan Duncan and Cassandra will be in it. Flanny said Halt and Will won't be in tithe might mention them walking by in the hallway or something. Too bad too. Halt is so cool.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I don't like Lydia..

I finished SoS!

Ahhh I wish Will was in it!
Council Member
Send Message
Good. At least two people in this world agree with me.
God for you Cenor! Wasn't it amazing? As much as I wish Halt and Will were in it I think if they were they'd steal the spotlight from Hal and the Herons. Actually come to think of it that's basically what Flanagan said on his video blog thing.
Council Member
Send Message
YAY I GOT SCORPION MOUNTAIN!!! I'm actually almost finished with it. It's SO good!
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
I have read all thru scorpion mountain now! Personally, i really liked the first three (with the exception of lydia) but i didnt like the fourth and fifth as much
He seemed to be writing a lot less well. maybe its just me?????
Council Member
Send Message
I don't really like Lydia either. I do think he's writing a lot less. I mean, I haven't even heard of a sixth book.
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
That was a bit awkwardly worded. I meant his style of writing has become rather poor. The first three were written pretty well, but not so much the last two. They seemed a little forced.
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
btw, Rhodwilen, your signature is my absolute favoritest quote in the whole world. Chesterton sums up my soul.
sorry for the off-topic
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
FYI, Elfmaiden - if you would like to say something else, you can click the 'Edit' button above your post, rather than writing another post entirely.

I've been absent for quite some time...welcome, Rhodi and Elfmaiden!

I read Slaves of Socorro in...December or January or something. I can't actually remember when it was. I still haven't read Scorpion Mountain, so I obviously can't give an opinion on that just yet.

As far as Lydia goes, my belated answer is - she's really not that fantastic. A bit too much like another Evanlyn for my liking.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah welcome to the BB chat center you two!
Hmm...I'm not quite sure what I thought about Scorpion Mountain. (I'll stay away from spoilers for you, Mareth) I think it just built up to this big thing, then it was kind of a letdown. I mean, don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the series (especially Jesper) but I think that one was a bit...hmm...not sure.

[Edited on 02/21/2015 by Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow]
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
You know, I really think Lydia is just an entire character of Evanlyn's bad side. Sometimes she's realllly sort of feminist in a weird way.
(not that feminists are weird, just she has a weird way of expressing her opinions. Very anythingthatyoucandoIcandobetter sort of thing...)

[Edited on 02/24/2015 by elfmaiden77]
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah I totally agree. At least Evanlyns Kind of okay, but Lydia is just bad. Every time someone teases her she's threatening them. She is really a feminist. It annoys me.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, she is feminist. Very much. It is kind of annoying. I don't like Evanlyn much either because...she is somewhat feminist, as well, and she's just a cliche Mary Sue. :/ I think Flanagan is a little better at writing guys than girls. But some of his guys are cliche, too. Oh well.
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah. I mean, later on in book 10 Evanlyn was a bit better, and in BB she was okay. I guess. But I think Lydia was WAY too Mary-Sue. Evanston was borderline.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email