Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
This sounds interesting, I haven't watched the movies in a while I might as well join you.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Yay! Glad to have you on board, corrupted captain!

Sorry about not posting (or checking O.o) for so long...NaNo is slowly but surely eating my soul. The list is now completely up to date, and I will make sure to keep it so.
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
Lynk
Council Member
Send Message
Annathon eithro ibeth nîn.

I'll give my word too.

[Edited on 11/13/2014 by Lynk]
De andelu ervenin! Mabo i grist hen. It's dangerous to go alone! Take this sword!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
It seems our little group is growing

I hope when the discussions start that we do not get bogged down with technicalities. The movies, to me, have always been something to enjoy, not dissect and put under a microscope. Hmmm..maybe I take that back. Those who have read the books and compare them to the movies is what, seems to me, causes harsh words. Trust me, I know this

Also, everyone, please remember...this is not a thread to discuss any aspects of the books.

I think our discussions will continue on well after we are finished watching the movies. It will be nice, finally, to have others to talk with instead of RL friends who do not *get it*

Hey, will anyone dress up while watching the movies? For me, I am not simply going to watch them. I am going to *be* in them...pointy ears and all
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lynk
Council Member
Send Message
Gerithon igrist nîn, ithand nîn, ibeng nîn, iocarina nîn.

I'll take my sword, shield, bow and ocarina out!
De andelu ervenin! Mabo i grist hen. It's dangerous to go alone! Take this sword!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, joy! Someone who wants to play! I will take Sting from the wall and keep it at my side!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Now I'm not saying that Aragorn didn't play the ocarina but....
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message

Tarc and I are continuing to work on questions lay out. It looks like we are all set for FotR, but some are still needed for TTT and RotK.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow
Council Member
Send Message
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Count me in for dressing up!! If I remember though, I probably will. at least I'll have pointy ears.
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, how I wish for pointy ears!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow
Council Member
Send Message
I am SO dressing up.
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am so glad to see that there is so much enthusiasm for this.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
I'll dress up, given the chance. Unless my sister won't let me use her dress. I don't own pointy ears though, so I'll just be a maiden of Rohan. This is going to be so much fun!
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah!!! You don't need to buy pointy ears, you can make your ears pointy with scotch tape!! So pumped for this!!!
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Still waiting for more questions, preferably for TTT and RotK!
tarcolan
Send Message
It looks like Symphony Silicon Valley have gone one better! A Movie marathon with full orchestra and choir. Not fair!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
tarc, easily solved. All we need it a webcam! I know all the music.

Just kidding. Wow, that is frustrating. we try to organize something, and then there are those who one-up us.

[Edited on 11/20/2014 by findemaxam48]
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Super frustrating...

I have a Q for RotK..."Does it bother any one else when Frodo collapses on the slopes of Mt. Doom and the wind blows dirt directly into his mouth???"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Starting on December 5th we will be having a marathon LOTR viewing followed by a discussion in the Movie forum. The idea is to watch all three movies, preferably the extended editions, in the course of a day. For those of weaker constitutions you can take the whole weekend or, if you prefer, one movie per weekend over three weeks. Each of the movies will be discussed separately each week to accommodate these stragglers. The discussion threads will appear on the following Monday.

Ideas for discussion topics for each movie should be PMed to findemaxam48. More details are available in the Movie forum thread titled LOTR Movie Marathon . You can ask for a reminder on this thread if you want it.

Yes! Right on the main page! I thank whoever wrote this and posted it for all to see. Perhaps we will draw in more members to the site because of this.

ElfwithAttitude, your question has been added to our list for consideration.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Definitely count me in!! Haven't been on the site for a while and this has shown me how much I have missed. But really good idea findemaxam, I salute your legendary intellect.
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Does anyone plan on watching all 3 movies in one day? I thought that idea was changed to watch one movie each weekend starting on Dec. 5.

Do all of us have the extendeds? And has everyone seen the movies or are there some participants in this who have yet to watch them?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, PSK. Glad to have you here!

I will not watch all three movies in one day. I do not have the time. That is what I thought too, as far as the weekends go. I guess as long as they are watched, it doesn't matter.

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The last weekend will be difficult for me, I think. It is the last weekend before Christmas and the week of discussion brings us Christmas Eve Eve, Christmas Eve and Christmas.

Oh, forgetting about H3 coming out that last weekend as well.

Well, I think the movie discussion will go long past the final week anyway.
Nimrodel of Lothlorien
Council Member
Send Message
Count me in! I'll totally have time to watch all 3 movies!! I can't wait! I'll even put on my Ring as Frodo does (I do it every time!).
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Isn't it wonderful how we get so into the movies? When I went to a LotR marathon at a local theater just before H1 was released, we all sat there quoting.

The *watch* list is getting longer! Yay!
tarcolan
Send Message
That's sixteen watchers so far I think. Gosh! Watchtacular!
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
You're close, tarc, just went through the list, and it's 19 to date. This is amazing!!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Nineteen? One more makes it even. I'll have to start to knock on doors.
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
*raises hand* ill go with you findemaxam48!!!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
My brother just ordered the EE Trilogy on Amazon for about $40! So excited! Up until this point we have had to borrow the films from friends or the library whenever we wanted to see them.

We may not be able to watch them on the specified weekends because we want to wait until my sister is home for Christmas. But we should be able to watch all three sometime before Christmas day. And believe me, the whole family will be watching. Mom too, if we can manage to rope her in.

So that will be five to six more watchers!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That is excellent, Song!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The list is growing! When will you make the list of all the watchers? And when will you let us know the questions? The first weekend is getting here quickly.
curka
Council Member
Send Message
A LotR marathon? Count me in.
The divine in me acknowledges the divine in you.
tarcolan
Send Message
I would suggest that the questions for each film will be posted as new threads a day or two beforehand, and discussions should commence only on the Monday to give everyone a chance to watch the film. Is that OK Maxie?

There will be three or four categories as threads for each film with a number of questions and ideas in each category. I will lock the threads over the weekend. It would also be a good idea to edit the original post of this thread to explain how it will all work.

More discussion ideas are needed for TTT and ROTK, PM them to Maxie (findemaxam4.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email