Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
athalian
Council Member
Send Message
Post "The Last Goodbye" a song by Billy Boyd (Pippin)
on: November 23, 2014 11:49
Hello all,

I thought I would share a video I stumbled on a few minutes ago.

We all know the final Hobbit film is approaching. A sad prospect indeed.

Peter Jackson decided alongside, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, to let Billy Boyd have the final word in form of a song named:
"The Last Goodbye"

Oh and before you click on that link I should warn you. You may experience nostalgia, grief or goosebumps.

I hope you will enjoy this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ir8rVl2Z4

Athalian

[Edited on 11/23/2014 by athalian]

[Edited on 11/23/2014 by athalian]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
What a lovely song...and indeed, nostalgia, goosebumps and sadness all came into play.

Seeing the final movie will be quite bittersweet.

Thank you for posting this, Athalian.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Oh...:sobs:...How beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
All I know is that I pretty much have the song on repeat 24/7. Beautiful song. And even though I don't really like Thorin, Kili, or Fili, I will most likely be bawling my eyes out at the end of the movie. Because of this song.
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
athalian
Council Member
Send Message
I am glad you liked it.

I think most of us will jerk a tear when the moment arrives Rhodilwen.

Athalian

[Edited on 11/28/2014 by athalian]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, how sad. I will have tears in my eyes when I sit down in the theater, before the film even starts. Truth be told, I think I am going to need a ride home because I don't trust my driving skills when my eyes are clouded with tears.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I don't really care for the Hobbit movies...and my family and I will most likely not be going to see this last movie in the theater. But I listened to this song just this evening, and it is one of my most favorite songs. I loved it. But I personally think that someone should make a video of LotR with this song. That would move me to tears. I nearly cried listening to the song and just thinking of LotR with it.

An absolutely gorgeous song. I want to go hug Billy Boyd right now.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
This song...absolutely beautiful. Some many emotions... words can't even describe.

I will most likely have wet eyes at the end of this movie.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
I love this song so much. I did not much like the Hobbit movies, and I don't think I will be able to see the movie in theaters, but I do love this song soooo much. The music video brought tears to my eyes.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
We did end up seeing BotFA in the theater...the biggest reason I went was to hear Billy Boyd sing. My sisters and I sang along softly with the song. No one really seemed to mind; but of course there weren't many people there. And the people there didn't stay too long, anyway. But it was still fun. The song was, in my opinion, the greatest thing that came from the Hobbit Trilogy.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
I love this song and the music video. It is a beautiful way to bring the saga of middle Earth to a close. The 2nd time we saw it in the theater, my sisters and I also sang along! We kept it quiet, and I don't think anyone in the theater cared here either, but most of them had left already.
Mareth; I like your quote from the Musical- I love that song too!
May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yay, my sisters and I are not the only crazy ones! Though I do not think we are necessarily crazy for singing along...it was a lot of fun, I must admit.

Thank you! It's one of my favorites. I also really like 'Wonder'. And...oh, well, most of the others.
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
I don't think it is crazy, or not crazy in a bad way Now when we re watch the LOTR movies we sing along with Into The West as well. Of course there is no other audience to get annoyed! I love singing LOTR and Hobbit songs, and the songs from the musical.
I like "wonder", but I can't sing it yet. I sing "Now and for Always" "Lothlorien" (love that one too!), and "The Road Goes On". I would like to sing them all, including "The Cat and the Moon" .
May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
Eryniell
Council Member
Send Message
I got goosebumps, this was such a beautiful song! Thanks for sharing!
Eryniell
Council Member
Send Message
I got goosebumps, this was such a beautiful song! Thanks for sharing!
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
I can't wait to get the sheet music for piano! My sisters and I like to sing The Last Goodbye in the car, along with a bunch of songs from the books, movies, and musical.
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
I love that the song references the song Bilbo sang before reentering the Shire. So appropriate. My favorite version of the original is by Adele McAllister.
You can find it on YouTube under Roads Go Ever, Ever On.

[Edited on 05/02/2015 by Elfeawen Lomiondil]
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
I LOVE this song soooooooooooo much!!!!

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
I LOVE this song soooooooooooo much!!!!

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Elweth
Council Member
Send Message
I've been listening to this song multiple times a day since I saw BotFA in the cinema last Christmas. Hauntingly beautiful. My favourite bit is the last line" "I bid you all a very fond farewell." A nice nod to [older] Bilbo in FotR.
Member of the blessed realm of Ulmo, Lord of the Waters
FluffyTheFriendlyUrukHai
Council Member
Send Message
This song is beautifully haunting. I first heard it in a cover by a group called Clamavi de Profundus, and when I learned who wrote it, and for what; it just made me love it all the more. <3
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email