Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Post LotR Movie Marathon 2014- Feedback
on: December 18, 2014 05:07
As the marathon draws top a close this weekend, I would love to hear everybody's thoughts on how it went. What did we do well? What could we have done better?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
It ain't finished till the generously proportioned lady sings.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Well, it would have been nice if all who said they will participate did just that.

Maybe send more PM's to remind people of the Marathon. Wasn't someone in charge of that?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Well, it would have been nice if all who said they will participate did just that.

Maybe send more PM's to remind people of the Marathon. Wasn't someone in charge of that?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, Lindi, I was in charge of that. Do you mean send them out each weekend? That might be a good idea. I sent them out the first one, but wasn't sure that I needed to the second and third ones.

Overall, I think it went well. More participation would have been nice, but in the end, we can't control who watches it and who doesn't...or who discusses them with us.

I can't think of anything else we could improve just now, but I'll let you know if something comes to mind.

Whatever the ups and downs, I want to say a huge thank you Maxie, for putting this whole thing together. I had a ton of fun, and will probably continue to.
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
As Tarc said, it isn't over yet! At least not for me...I still have to watch the movies! I really wish I could have watched them with you guys, but we had to wait for the other sister to get back. But when I do see them I will post in the discussion threads!

And yes, I think Maxie deserves a round of applause for thinking this up and putting it together! *claps and cheers enthusiastically*
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
*bows* Thank you!

I do wish that we would have had some more discussion. We received next to no questions for RotK, so it will just be a general, but guided, discussion. Would you all like to see this happen again next year? What about a TH marathon when BotFA comes out on DVD?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
*joins Song in applause*

YESSS!!! PLEASE let's do this next year. Also, a TH marathon sounds great. We could even do a six week long marathon next year, with all of the ME films, if anyone else would be interested in that?
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That would be a very good idea, but it might be difficult for some people. Maybe summertime could be TH and wintertime be LOTR. And then, three years from now, if we are all still here, alive, and well, do a combination. That would require immense planning and dedication, though.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
The whole thing was really good! There could have been more discussion and I was partly at fault for that. I forgot to subscribe to the TTT thread, and so haven't contributed yet.

I think we should leave the threads open for some time yet, that will give a good opportunity for further discussion. I would also like this to happen again next year, but maybe at a different time. I am quite busy these days, maybe the summer would be better?

Finally, I, as others before me, would like to thank Maxie for thinking up the idea and then putting it all together. Good work, and thank you!
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Also, is there going to be another thread with overall questions in it? I think you were talking about it Maxie, but not sure if that is still happening.
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Don't worry PSK, the threads will stay open for discussion. I might even replace those older threads I removed so you can compare comments.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
I agree that another time might be better for the marathon, next time...squeezing it in around Christmas time was rather hard...I still have not gotten the chance to watch RotK. So that's something to think about.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, Christmas may be difficult. The threads will most definitely remain open.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email