Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1516171819Last >>
Author Topic:
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Rivendell: I could raid Elrond's library, and spend lazy afternoons lolling on a couch on a sunny balcony reading.

Would you rather vacation in Third Age Middle-earth, or Second Age Beleriand?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
If I were a sailing nut, of course Second Age Beleriand, because it was under water in the Second Age.
(E~S? SA Beleriand "sleeps with the fishes", to take a quote from a 20th century legend - Image )

Would you rather be a Dwarf warrior at the Battle of Azanulbizar, or at the Battle of Five Armies?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I know that but you could vacation before the flood, and loll on a couch, or you could get some scuba gear and explore what was left after the flood.

Well, I would like be dead after the battle so it's not much of a choice, but I would rather be a Dwarf warrior at the Battle of the Five Armies. Don't know why.

Would you rather be a descendant of an Elf, or a Dwarf?

"The grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise." ~ R.I.P. Lindarielwen
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
You specifically named Second Age Beleriand, so that leaves scuba-diving.

Tough one. Dwarf, like a non-PJ Gimli; or Glorfindel of the books, or Legolas or Thranduil of the movies. But they would never allow me into any of our company buildings with the weapons these guys carry. Bummer.

Would you rather face Orcs or Dwarves in an underground battle?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I think the operative words here are 'underground' and 'battle', and I wouldn't like to face the Dwarves in their natural habitat, so Orcs it is.

Would you rather learn smithing from the elves, or the dwarves?

"See, lads, next time this young varmint sets foot on my land, you can eat him. Now see him off!"
"The grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise." ~ R.I.P. Lindarielwen
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dwarves, hypothetically. I would prefer being able to forge Mithril (there's the problem) chain-mail for myself than something resembling Sting (the two Swiss army knife manufacturers Victorinox and Wenger come close enough with their products for my taste and use)

Would you rather listen to Ulmo playing his Ulumúri or Oromë playing his Valaróma?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Ulmo playing his Ulumúri.

Would you rather go fishing with Ulmo, or hunting with Oromë?

"See, lads, next time this young varmint sets foot on my land, you can eat him. Now see him off!"
Hithfaerwen
Council Member
Send Message
I would choose Ulmo and fishing.

Would you rather be a dinner guest in Rivendell or in The Shire?

"May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks."
Those we love do not go away, they walk beside us every day...Unseen, unheard, but always near, still loved, still missed and very dear. ~ For my unforgettable dear friend Buksi, and the angelic Lindarielwen
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Well, Rivendell might be more elegant, but I think I would like the food in The Shire better, so off to Bilbo's house I go!

Would you rather meet the character of your choice from The Hobbit, or The Lord of the Rings?

"Blunt the knives, bend the forks, smash the bottles and burn the corks!"
"That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!"
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Come to think of it, easy, he's in both books and both movies: Gandalf!

Would you rather have a long conversation with Gaffer Gamgee or with Barliman Butterbur?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
The Gaffer seems to a bit of a raconteur so I think he might be more interesting.

Would you rather have a ride on Rochallor, or Asfaloth?

“There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.”
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I'm gonna guess Asfaloth. Carried a severely wounded Frodo past the Nazgûl to the Ford of Bruinen. That's about my level of horsemanship (I mean severely wounded Frodo).

Would you rather live in Brandy Hall in the Buckland or in the Great Smials of Tuckborough?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Brandy Hall in Buckland: I mean any place with 'Brandy' in its name can't be all bad, can it?

Would you rather own the Red Book of Westmarch, or Bilbo's, There and Back Again (first edition?

"I might have to reevaluate my HHS strategy"
silver_Tinuviel
Finrod's Harp
Send Message
There and Back Again!

Would you rather have a vegan meal with Legolas or enjoy "red meat off the bones" with Thorin?
Image Reeling and foundering, as ever more strong/ The chanting swelled, Felagund fought,/ And all the magic and might he brought/ Of Elvenesse into his words./ Softly in the gloom they heard the birds/ Singing afar in Nargothrond,/ The sighing of the Sea beyond,/ Beyond the western world, on sand,/ On sand of pearls in Elvenland.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
A vegan meal with Legolas. I'm guessing that what Dwarves barbecuing may consider edible might be a tad on the rustic side for my tastes.

Would you rather learn shipbuilding from the Númenoreans of from Cirdan?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Círdan ... I would not only meet a famous Eldar, I would learn to build a swan ship. Bonus on both counts!

Would you rather learn the art of tracking from Túrin, or Aragorn?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Aragorn. Trackers need to be stealthy, which is something I can associate with him, while - occasional exceptions occurring - Túrin often seems to have serious issues with stealth.

Would you rather eat mushrooms found by Radagast, or by Ghân-buri-Ghân?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I'm going to go with Radagast on this one.

Would you rather eat mushrooms picked by Pippin, or Sam?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
SAM!!! I mean, Pippin is a way bit too flighty in the early parts of LoTR the book *shudder*

Would you rather have your garden tended by the Gaffer or by Farmer Maggot?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Probably the Gaffer as he seems to cultivate flowers and vegetables. Farmer Maggot seems to be strictly a veggie grower.

If you could get away from the snow and cold, would you rather spend your winter in Imladris, or Lothlórien?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Latitude-wise, obviously Lothlórien. And by description in LoTR, too.

Would you rather snow-ski in the Misty Mountains or water-ski on the Long Lake?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Ugh! I can't stand the thought of doing either frankly as both activities are way out of my comfort zone.

Would you rather travel back in time, or travel into the future?
silver_Tinuviel
Finrod's Harp
Send Message
Back in time, I think.

Would you rather dance with an elf or play cards with a hobbit?
Image Reeling and foundering, as ever more strong/ The chanting swelled, Felagund fought,/ And all the magic and might he brought/ Of Elvenesse into his words./ Softly in the gloom they heard the birds/ Singing afar in Nargothrond,/ The sighing of the Sea beyond,/ Beyond the western world, on sand,/ On sand of pearls in Elvenland.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
... definitely dance with an elf.

Would you rather have dinner with Elrond, or Thranduil?

“Very odd you are, indeed. Root and twig, very odd!"
"But in that time also he made this scroll"
silver_Tinuviel
Finrod's Harp
Send Message
Elrond! I've never liked Thranduil.

Help Sam with his mayor duties or listen to Pippin's stories?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Listen to Pippin's stories.

WYR help Pippin steal Farmer Maggot's cabbages, or help Merry gather wild mushrroms?

silver_Tinuviel
Finrod's Harp
Send Message
Help Merry. It's safer...

Say "good morning" with Treebeard until supper or listen to Thranduil's drunk talk for two hours?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Thranduil's drunk talk for two hours by which time I will have sampled enough of the vermented juice of the grape to be totally oblivious to his prattling.

A hiking trip through the Old Forest, or a rafting trip dowm the River Running?

"Hope and memory shall live still in some hidden valley where the grass is green."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
A hiking trip through the Old Forest, on the condition that Tom Bombadil agrees to serve as guide.

Would you rather discuss poetry with Bilbo, or gardening with Sam?
silver_Tinuviel
Finrod's Harp
Send Message
This is TOO hard!!! I'll choose to discuss poetry with Bilbo while watching Sam working in the garden.

Sing crazy songs with Bombadil or plant trees with Goldberry?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Admittely, I always skip the 'Bombadil bits' so I'll plant trees with Goldberry.

WYR go hunting with Gimli, or fishing with Sméagol?

"Hope and memory shall live still in some hidden valley where the grass is green."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I'm not into either; but taking my cue from Bilbo's thought about "all this Dwarvish racket" (TH chapter 2 "Roast Mutton" ), hunting with Gimli could be along my line. With his "Dwarvish racket" (and then there would be mine in addition ...) he would scare any potential prey away before we came anywhere within range. And in certain parts of the world where one might encounter bears, a battle-hardened Dwarf with a war-ax could be a useful companion.

Would you rather try to track a Silvan Elf, of a Hobbit?

[Edited on 11/21/2016 by Gandolorin]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Definitely a Hobbit.

Would you rather drink elvish wine, or dwarvish ale?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Wine is not quite my cuppa, so I'll go with Dwarvish ale.

Would you rather learn to play horns like the Rohirrim or percussion like the Woses?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
..... horns like the Rohirrim.

Would you rather ride a Mûmak, or a fell beast?
<< First1516171819Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email