Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Post Avatar Problems
on: January 09, 2015 06:03
I know that some member,s including myself, have been receiving error messages on our "Edit Profile" pages. I clicked "Inspect Element" while I was on my "Edit Profile" page, and I found this:

<form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" id="edituser" class="user-forms" action="http://www.councilofelrond.com/edit-profile/">
<input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="134217728" /><!-- set the MAX_FILE_SIZE to the server's current max upload size in bytes --> <script>

function confirmDelete(nonceField, currentUser, customFieldID, customFieldName, returnTo, ajaxurl, what) {
if (confirm("Are you sure you want to delete this "+what+"?") {
jQuery.post( ajaxurl , { action:"hook_wppb_delete", currentUser:currentUser, customFieldID:customFieldID, customFieldName:customFieldName, what:what, _ajax_nonce:nonceField}, function(response) {
if(response=="done"{
window.location=returnTo;

I underlined the part that sounded the most helpful. Does this lead anyone to any conclusions about how to fix this? It has been a year for me, and almost that long for a few others.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Hey maxie is your avatar meant to be blank?
It looks like this:

That might be what this thread is about but I am not familiar with the "avatar problem" so I'm not sure

[Edited on 01/10/2015 by PSK]
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Nice try Maxie but not much help unfortunately. There is also a maximum avatar upload size as well, much smaller than that. We don't even know if that's the problem anyway because as the WP error says, it can't convert the error message to a string. I'm thinking an error occurs which isn't caught by the profile plugin so there's no error message to see. Hard to track it down. Sorry. It's fun though isn't it? Looking at how pages work.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
PSK,I lost the ability to edit any of my profile settings when I accidentally uploaded an avatar that was too big. It is concerning, because since that happened, I would be unable to change my password or recover my account if anything happened to it. It also doesn't allow me to upload an avatar, so i have that blank one you see.

It was worth a shot. I know that there was a member looking into it, Sundown his name was, but I do not think he found anything either.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I have posted something in the Mods Forum, maxie, to see if there is a possible way around your problem. Hopefully, somebody will come up with a solution.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
E~S and tarcolan, thank you very much for your continued dedication to assisting me in this matter.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie, could you just rejoin as a new member? I think you would have to use a different email address and have a new name and you would lose your post count.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Is it possible for the Admin to delete Maxie's account including all her details then have her recreate her account using the same email address?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Lindarielwen said: Maxie, could you just rejoin as a new member? I think you would have to use a different email address and have a new name and you would lose your post count.
Lord_Sauron said: Is it possible for the Admin to delete Maxie's account including all her details then have her recreate her account using the same email address?
The answer to both questions is yes, by notifying gwendeth, she can rejoin the site and have her old account locked (unfortunately, it can't be deleted).

However, as Lindarielwen has pointed out, her post count would go back to zero and she would have to start all over again. I'm not absolutely sure but I also believe she would have to alter her site name in some way.

The choice is yours, Maxie.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Is there a possibility, however slim, that my current account could be fixed?
Sundown
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie, my apologies - my computer died before the holidays and I just now got my new one built and my software installed. I have not forgotten your plight! If you can send me the ENTIRE code from that "Inspect Element" while on your "Edit Profile" page, then I can tell you if something can be done to fix your current account. I'm working on a test using my account to be sure though.
"Sundown: 'Sexy, right?' Abby: 'Oh yeah, baby. You're so hot right now, if I was a chicken I'd lay hard-boiled eggs.'" ― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Retribution
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Sundown, I will do that the next time I am on my desktop computer. Many thanks!
Sundown
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie; I apologize on many levels;
First, life has been dogging me lately and I haven't had the spare time to come here.
Second, CoE includes a security feature (implemented by Word Press which was used to create this site) called a Nonce. Basically, the site creates a Nonce value to perform actions for an individual logged into the site. This is suppose to prevent people from performing actions on your behalf (which is what I was trying to do - delete your avatar for you) However, based on the code you sent me that value is not listed in the html and unfortunately I don't have the extra time to study how Word Press is generating that code to try and guess at what the value might be. So, until Rivka gives someone access to the site; you won't be able to change your profile.
"Sundown: 'Sexy, right?' Abby: 'Oh yeah, baby. You're so hot right now, if I was a chicken I'd lay hard-boiled eggs.'" ― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Retribution
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I notice maxie has a lovely new avatar and signature thanks to the new server!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I do! The new server has fixed my account!
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
findemaxam48 said:I do! The new server has fixed my account!

First: hooray for you, Maxie!
Image Image Image

But currently, I still have to get used to the thing, the chess pawn is so firmly engraved in my memory! Image

And a spontaneous reaction (I think before I realized that it's your new avatar) was "g'wan, 'nother Thranduil fan *sigh*" Image

Ahhh .., at least I believe it's Thranduil; no question, I paid more attention to Tauriel than to him! Image Image
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Haha, Gando, thank you! I am still getting used to my own avi myself. I was scrolling through posts the other day, saw my avi, and thought, "Whos that?"
Elweth
Council Member
Send Message
Hey all, I've been trying to upload an avatar/icon. None of them are bigger than 80pixels tall/wide and they're all pretty small file sizes, nothing over 10kb. I keep getting this error message.

Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Unable to access /home/councilo/public_html/wp-content/uploadshttp://www.councilofelrond.com/?attachment_id=190956 in /home/councilo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/profile-builder-pro/premium/functions/premium.functions.load.php on line 127

Warning: getimagesize(/home/councilo/public_html/wp-content/uploadshttp://www.councilofelrond.com/?attachment_id=190956) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/councilo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/profile-builder-pro/premium/functions/premium.functions.load.php on line 127

Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Unable to access /home/councilo/public_html/wp-content/uploadshttp://www.councilofelrond.com/?attachment_id=190956 in /home/councilo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/profile-builder-pro/premium/functions/premium.functions.load.php on line 127

Warning: getimagesize(/home/councilo/public_html/wp-content/uploadshttp://www.councilofelrond.com/?attachment_id=190956) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/councilo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/profile-builder-pro/premium/functions/premium.functions.load.php on line 127

Can anyone help me make sense of this gibberish?
Member of the blessed realm of Ulmo, Lord of the Waters
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Hi Elweth

Since we moved to the new server the 'Upload Avatar' feature in the Edit Your Profile has not worked. In order to add an avatar to your profile you need a URL code which you then place in the 'Avatar URL' section which is located immediately above the Upload Avatar section.

Personally, I use Photobucket as my picture storage site but there are others and most offer free storage up to a fairly adequate amount.

ES
Elweth
Council Member
Send Message
Got it - hannon le, Evil~Shieldmaiden!
Member of the blessed realm of Ulmo, Lord of the Waters
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
There are lots of useful tips here for anyone having image problems.
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Lucky me got my avi working!!

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email