Register

Author Topic:
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Braces?
on: January 14, 2015 05:31
Hello everyone!
I just got my braces off today, but I wanted to see how many people have/have had braces.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Have.

I am really enjoy getting my teeth straight but this Expander is killing me. Think metal plate that slowly expands the roof of my mouth also known as a Torture device
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Had. Late 1960s, as dim memory suggests.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
@Cenor, haha! I don't think I had to have those, but the Power-Chains were the worst (they looked cool, but man they hurt!). @Gando, wow! I knew they had braces back then, but it's really weird thinking about it. Did they look anything look like now-day braces?
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Mellwen, I am so glad you got your braces removed! Cenor, I hope that you will be done with them soon!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Maxi! I'm still trying to get used to having the plastic retainers in my mouth.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Are you happy to chew gum again? Eat popcorn?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, very! I haven't eaten popcorn yet, but I did chew gum as soon as I got home.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I dislike most of the stuff on the "No List" except popcorn...and I eat it anyways I'm a rule breaker
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
I did eat some stuff I wasn't supposed to (like chips), but I'm not really a huge popcorn fan anyway, so I stopped eating it. I don't think popcorn really 'harms' your braces exactly, it's more annoying when it gets stuck in your braces.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Exactly! Or the Expander, (there is a slight gap between it and the roof of my mouth) everything gets stuck in it
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I had metal retainers in my mouth for a while. I couldn't pull them out of my mouth- they were attached and wrapped around my teeth. I couldn't chew hard candy or taffy or anything, and I wasn't suppost to eat popcorn, but I ate that too. It would get stuck all the time.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Hey all! I have braces, too, though my orthodontist said that I should be getting them off sometime within the next few months, I believe.

I eat pretty much everything I'm not supposed too. Tortilla chips, popcorn, taffy, etc. Pretty much the only thing on there I don't eat is gum that has sugar in it. Mom won't let me eat it...though in all honesty, taffy would probably be more likely to harm my braces than gum. But oh well. At least I can still chew sugarless gum.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email