Register

Author Topic:
Elladan and Elrohir
Council Member
Send Message
Post Legolas's neklace
on: March 01, 2015 11:42
Hi guys,
It might be a stupid question but I'm just wondering.
When you google "legolas neklace" you get pictures of a red neklace and it is said to be from Legolas. But I've actually never seen him wearing it in the movies. Did I miss it? And does it have a certain meaning?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I don't recall Legolas wearing any jewellery at all except for the Lórien leaf brooch. I suspect that this is strictly a marketing tool with the sole purpose of finding Legolas fans who will purchase it under the misconception that he actually wore something like it in the movies. There is no mention of him wearing any such thing in the books, although being an Elf, it's not impossible that he would wear something if its beauty caught his eye.

Having said all that, and having looked at the necklace, it has been created in the Elvish style which may be appealing on its own basis. Your choice, I suppose.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I agree with E~S. I have not seen it in any of the scenes, in TH or in LotR. But it is really pretty. It has it's own little MIddle Earth feel to it.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
That's interesting. I haven't seen him wear any jewellery except for the Lorien leaf and his crown at the end of RotK. It's probably just a scam.
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
I can never imagine Legolas actually wearing something like that. It's got more of a bad-guy look to it.

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
I saw the necklace too, looks interesting, kinda gothicy (it that even a word?) but I got to agree with the rest of the group.
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, total fake

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email