Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Post What's your favorite quality of Legolas or Aragorn?
on: April 06, 2015 09:45
So, What is your favorite quality in Legolas, and then in Aragorn?

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
My favorite quality about them both is that they are amazing! I can probably write an essay about how amazingness applies to Aragorn and Legolas, but I'll have to wait for Summer vacation.
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
LareowNorthan
Council Member
Send Message
Aragorn: He is calm and collected in times of distress.
Legolas: He allows his perspective about Gimli to change as they both take time to understand one another.
Sindarin: No i brestanneth anírach tírad vi amar Enlgish: Be the change you wish to see in the world
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Elfawen: I agree! hard to chose!!
Lareow: those are great!

Eryniell
Council Member
Send Message
There are so many different reasons to list, I'd probably be here all day... So I'll just say one
Aragorn: He can restore faith and hope even when everyone has completely given up.
Legolas: He is practically fearless. And unlike most elves, he kept an open mind towards dwarves, and discovered that they were strong and loyal friends.
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Good idea to pick one, but that is still hard. I like how Legolas allowed his mind to change about Gimli, but I can't think how to say that in one word. I'll settle for loyalty because I really admire the type of loyalty he has. Blind loyalty can cause people to overlook a person's faults or follow an unworthy cause, but Legolas's loyalty isn't like that. His commitment to his friends is true and deep. He knows his friend's faults, but he also isn't blinded to the good qualities of people like Gimli who he isn't "supposed" to like. He is always watching, listening, and turning things over in his mind, I think, and this allows him to avoid getting stuck in stereotypes, and admit when he is wrong as he did to Aragorn at Helmsdeep. (When he wasn't sure the Rohirrim were worth fighting for.) He is willing to learn from others instead of thinking he has all the answers, and that's certainly a rare quality.
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Wow Elfawen! that is really good! I like how you explained it! Thanks!

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I like that they are both loyal to their cause. Even though they take much different paths than Frodo and Sam did, and they fight many battles, they still stay true to Frodo and the cause of destroying the Ring.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
Hard to answer this one without an essay!
Legolas: (Totally What Elfeawen said) AND, his commitment to the task at hand whatever it may be. He doesn't let anything get in his way or distract him, and he doesn't let his personal feelings interfere with his judgement. Plus he is a great friend...(To Tauriel, Aragorn, Gimli, so on)
Aragorn: He is a good singer and the scene that pretty much what sums up why I think he is great, is at Amon Hen, after Boromir tries to take the ring, and then Aragorn finds Frodo. Frodo is freaked out because he thinks Aragorn may have fallen to the ring, but then Aragorn closes Frodo's hand over the ring, and tells him, " I would have gone with you to the fires of Mordor"(Not an exact quote, but you know which one I mean). Totally epic; fantastic acting; and two of my favorite characters in that scene. (I like Frodo better than Aragorn, but I'm a big Aragorn fan too. There is almost no LOTR character I dislike)
May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
I'm stll working on something for Aragorn, for now I'll borrow what Bilbo said in "All that is Gold does not Glitter."

Aragorn: true gold . . . a wanderer who is never lost . . . strong . . . deep roots . . . a light in the shadows . . . a fire in the ashes . . . a renewed blade . . . a man who needs no crown to be king

[Edited on 04/25/2015 by Elfeawen Lomiondil]
Fredudain
Council Member
Send Message
Aragorn is charismatic, cold but generous. Legolas is younger and regards Aragorn as a second father.
Fredudain
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
Fredudain said:Aragorn is charismatic, cold

Fredudain, what is it about Aragorn that makes you think he is cold?
May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email