Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow
Council Member
Send Message
Post Anyone read Percy Jackson?
on: April 14, 2015 11:23
I havent seeen many people on here who have read/heard of Percy Jackson, and Im feeling like a loner. So anybody want to talk about it?
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Sure! Actually only read the first (and part of the fourth) but I think they are really sweet. You are not alone!
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I read them a few years ago and loved them. I loved the silly humor in them. but what I loved the most is them saying that ADHD is actually just a survival instinct for the half bloods, and that Percy's dyslexia is actually a positive as well. Its a very interesting perspective on something that is usually a negative and I thought it was great.
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
Eryniell
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, I read the books and watched the two movies. The first movie was a little bit off from the book, but if was fantastic! The second movie... Eh, not so much. The whole story itself was fantastic though, the characters were developed and overall I would strongly suggest it.
Plus, Annabeth is a very strong female character, which is always great!
Council Member
Send Message
@elfmaiden77 you need to read them Ll! They are amazing! I'm currently rereading Son of Neptune. Yes, Annabeth is one of my favorite characters right up there with Leo and Reyna. I pretty much love them all, though.
I mean, not the giants an Gaea and the Titans, but the evil minions like Ethan and Luke and Octavian.
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, Luke was one of my favorite characters. If I didn't already know what would happen at the end *cough, some of my friends, cough* I would have probably have freaked out. I was still sad....
I wish I was a half-blood! I really need to finish these.
Council Member
Send Message
I like Luke, but not a lot. My favorite baddie is probably Octavian or Ethan I think a lot of us want to be half-bloods and have great advebtures, but after we really experienced it we would probably feel like Percy does about it.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hi guys! I've read all of the Olympians series and the Heroes series.

Percy is my favorite hands down. He never fails to make me laugh with his snark. I love Annabeth too. Octavian is a pretty great bad guy. I like Son of Neptune best out of that series. I mean, because Percy. And I like Frank, too.
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Council Member
Send Message
I like Son of Neptune best because of the awesome action scenes. My favorite parts were when they escaped the Zhang mansion, wgen they fought Alyceoneus, and when they were attacked by the Gryphons on the train. I also really liked seeing how far Percy had come with his powers and how much he's grown since The Last Olympian.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
I love the Percy Jackson books. It was awesome to see Percy be a hero who was also terrible at school (like me).
I'm curious about what everyone thought about Blood of Olympus. I loved all the other books so much but with this one there was so much of it that felt very off to me and didn't make sense. I was actually pretty disappointed with it?
Council Member
Send Message
I loved Blood of Olympus. I think my least favorite of the Heroes of Olympus was The Lost Hero, which was probably only because I didn't really know the characters.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email