Register

Author Topic:
Kweli Tafuta
Council Member
Send Message
Post Why did you choose quenya?
on: April 25, 2015 04:40
Hello all,
I am very new to this wonderful land and a partner and I are really trying to figure out whether to go in a quenya direction or a sindarin direction. I wanted to ask the group a couple questions about their experiences. I read that most use quenya, is this the case? And why did you choose to speak the language you choose?
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?"
dirk_math
Quenya Workbook Mentor
Send Message
Because I like the sounds of the language. I also like noun cases so Quenya grammar is also a reason.
Yassë engë lómë, anarties calali.
Kweli Tafuta
Council Member
Send Message
Appreciate that Dirk...thanks
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?"
erutan2099
Council Member
Send Message
I can't speak for the group in general; I chose Quenya primarily because I liked the sound of it over Sindarin when I was first discovering the languages of Tolkien.
Since then I have continued my studies of the language because it is rich in detail, history and music.

As an added benefit, in learning the grammar of Quenya I have actually increased my grasp on my native language of English.

I am always grateful to the staff of Council of Elrond and I hope they continue to keep up the good work so that others can discover this wonderful place as well!
-Erunámo -"Istyallo, Ilu."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email