Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1617181920
Author Topic:
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I wear glasses, seems less of a hassle than contacts, from what I've heard from people who wear contacts.

Would you rather surf the Internet with a smartphone or tablet, or with something that has a keyboard?
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I wear both and they don't bother me so much, however glasses do get steamed up from time to time.

Depends on the situation, however I'd much rather use a laptop. They don't suffer from small screen modifications, or slow-loading.

Would you rather study astrophysics, or botany?

"'No more. no more!' cried the Elves laughing. 'You have eaten enough already for a long day's march."
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Neither, but of the two, botany.

Would you rather walk around with a permanently untied shoelace, or with a pebble constantly stuck inside your shoe?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Nice choices, maxie. LOL ..... with a permanently untied shoelace.

Would you rather go hiking in a snowstorm, or hiking across a desert?

"But you won't send him off alone surely, Master?"
Hawkins
Council Member
Send Message
Hiking in a snow storm, you can always dress up to stay warm, but its harder to dress down

Would you rather go mountain climbing or ride a horse bareback with a halter at a gallop?
Lothriel
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Welcome to the Games threads, Hawkins. We're always happy to have new players.

I would rather ride a horse bareback with a halter at a gallop.

Would you rather make a round the world trip by plane, or by sailboat?
"But you won't send him off alone surely, Master?"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Sailboat. It would take longer, but I'm in no hurry.

Would you rather spend a weekend at home or out and about?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Hawkins
Council Member
Send Message
Definitely at home

Would you rather read a book, or watch the movie for that book?
Lothriel
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Book. Book. Book. A million times book.

When visiting a new city, would you rather do tourist-y things or explore on your own?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Explore on my own ..... then do the touristy things.

When travelling to a country for the first time would you rather go on a guided tour which will take you to the most interesting spots and keep you moving, or travel on your own and take your chances on how much you actually get to see?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I would travel on my own but spend a lot of time beforehand on researching the interesting points of the area.

Would you rather be the president of a large company that is responsible for the selling of a product, or be the inventor of the product that such a company sells?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Not much of a scientist, I'm afraid so it's going to be "president of a large company that is responsible for the selling of a product".

Would you rather spend a weekend just relaxing, busy exploring something new?
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I would rather relax with a book, or playing a video game, or sewing. But there is also my need to explore something new. But yes, relaxing because I'm an elf in a hobbit body

Would you rather eat sweet or savoury for the rest of your life?
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Savoury definitely. I don't have much of a sweet tooth.

Would you rather cut salt out of your diet, or carbs?
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Ooh, that's a tough one. I love salted foods... but I also exist almost entirely on carbs... because I'm terrible for being a 'grazer'. If I could I would cut out carbs, as at least I can salt my nice healthy foods with salt? I would struggle a lot though!

Would you rather live in a perpetual frozen Winter, or a perpetual humid Summer?

"I am the clue-finder, the web-cutter, the stinging fly. I was chosen for the lucky number."

[Edited on 01/04/2017 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I'm a northerner and it can't get too cold for me, although a perpetual frozen winter would be tiresome, I could hack it as long as there's a decent amount of daylight involved. I couldn't begin to live with a perpetual humid summer.

Would you rather live at the North Pole, or the South Pole?
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
The North Pole, at least there I have a chance of getting to Russia or Canada if I brave the elements...

Would you rather live by the Amazon, or the Nile?

"I am the clue-finder, the web-cutter, the stinging fly. I was chosen for the lucky number."
"When you get as old as we elves do, a change is always nice, now and again."
Image Image
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
The Nile ..... there are too many dangerous things living by the Amazon.

Would you rather have a ride in a hot air balloon, or a zeppelin?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
If by zeppelins you mean the hydrogen-filled monsters like the Hindenburg, which was destroyed by fire at Lakehurst, New Jersey on 06 May 1937, hot air balloons, without a question!

Would you rather take part in a cruise by the Norwegian Coastal Express operator Hurtigruten from Bergen to Kirkenes past the north cape of Europe in Norway, or a cruise in the Caribbean?

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." Image
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
It's funny you should mention the Hindenburg because the famous image of it going down in flames on the Led Zep album cover flashed across my mind as I was typing the question.

ooh ..... I'd much rather take the Norwegian cruise. I'm not a fan of the tropics.

Would you rather spend the day at the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art in NYC, or at the Louvre in Paris?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
The Louvre. I've never been to Paris.

Would you rather eat all fruit or all vegetables for the rest of your life?
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
All vegetables. I can't stand fruit.

Would you rather look like a pineapple or an orange?

"Oh come on, we can take 'em."
Image Image
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
You're a kindred spirit Ildë. I'm not much of a fruit eater either, but I eat any vegetable.

Image In light of what I just posted above, I wouldn't like to be either one.

Would you rather travel to a place you know, or to a remote unknown spot?

"There was not ever any dragon, not even Ancalagon the Black, who could have harmed the One Ring, the Ruling Ring, for that was made by Sauron himself."
"It was now Frodo's turn to feel pleased with himself. He capered about on the table..."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
A remote unknown spot.

Would you rather have a "sit down" job or one that requires you to move constantly?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Move constantly! I can't stand being still...

WYR be able to move time forward or backwards?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Backwards. Not so sure I would like what I see in the future. Plus what you can do in the future cannot be undone, but if you mess up the past there may be a way to fix it.

Would you rather lose access to electricity for two days or running water for two days?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Well, I've lost power for up to ten days and coped nicely so that's no big deal, but I would hate to go without water, even for two days.

Would you rather go out for dinner at a nice restaurant with your friends, or cook a special dinner at home for your friends?

"It was now Frodo's turn to feel pleased with himself. He capered about on the table..."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Stay at home and cook! All of my friends are poor students or poor young adults, me included.

Would you rather be the funniest person in the room or the most intelligent?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Well, intelligence is relative, but humour is universal, so I'd rather be the funniest.

Would you rather spend the weekend with friends, or with family?

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Family! I see my friends everyday in school.

Would you rather always have WiFi wherever you go, or be able to get free coffee wherever you go?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Free coffee wherever I go.

Would you rather ride a bike to work/school, or walk?

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Definitely walk. It's a lot safer to be a pedestrian on the busy roads I need to get to work than a cyclist.

Would you rather have no taste buds or be colorblind?
<< First1617181920
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email