Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First7891011Last >>
Author Topic:
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Rack sounds like clothing to me; my response will consider vintage vs. new more widely.

For books, I would certainly browse vintage second-hand stores - except if they specialize in (very) high-priced first or otherwise special editions. For anything else, I will go for the new; but I avoid the localities where new means shoddy.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
The term 'rack' does indeed apply to clothing; as in the clothes are hanging on the rack.

Choices, Gando????

"His name is Bilbo!"
"I have a Smaug wish."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Didn't we say a long time ago, that if someone forgets a choice that we should answer the above one? That way the game isn't held up?

Second hand vintage for me. I have some great clothes from many different decades that I just love...and no one else will ever have.

Would you rather go see a movie at the cinema or borrow a DVD from the library and watch it at home?

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Evil~Shieldmaiden said: Choices, Gando????

Image Image Image

We haven't been in a movie theater since RoTK. I have never been to a library in Germany, ever. So I have no idea if they have DVDs which could be borrowed. So for current purposes, I will go and buy the EE of BoFA and watch it at home (on my tower of power PC from 2008 in the original, later on our TV in German with my wife). So I will pass on your question:

Would you rather go see a movie at the cinema or borrow a DVD from the library and watch it at home?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Lindarielwen said: Didn't we say a long time ago, that if someone forgets a choice that we should answer the above one? That way the game isn't held up?
We could do that but I posted the previous choices and didn't want to answer my own question.

I never go to the cinema so it's DVD at home.

Would you rather watch a favourite "classic" film, or a new film?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Currently, I very much tend towards a favourite "classic" film, because I have quite a few on DVD. But I'm not opposed to new stuff, though I would prefer to hear the opinion of someone I feel I could trust. I unfortunately have the opinion that the percentage of garbage has increased exponentially ...
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Ah, Gando! You forgot a WYR question!! So I'll answer E~S' question.

I'd rather watch a good old classic film, like Old Bond... or apparently these days LotR films class as 'Oldies'!

WYR wake up to a coffee, or a tea?
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Gando strikes again! Image

I very rarely drink tea and never in the morning so it's coffee for me.

Would you rather have something hot for lunch, or something cold?

"I have been picking out bear-tracks"

[Edited on 12/04/2015 by Evil~Shieldmaiden]
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Image Strike is a much too active term; on strike seems more appropriate (forgetfulness also comes to mind ...) Image

Lunch is usually hot, and usually only during the work-week. Main meal on weekends is dinner.

WYR have ice-cream or pudding for dessert?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Ice cream

Would you rather have your main meal at noon or at 6:00 P.M.?

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Noon for me, then something light in the evening.

Would you rather change your avi or your sig?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Hmm probably my avi, as I'm so tempted to put the Agent Elrond image as my avatar right now... Or one of him in shiny armour.

Would you rather enjoy a sunrise, or a sunset?

"Bring your pretty face to my axe."
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Sunset!!

WYR jump out of bed or slide out whining about the fact that its morning?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I don't know about "jump out" but I don't have difficulty getting up in the morning.

Would you rather have one expensive gift for Christmas, or a couple of cheaper ones?

ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I'd rather have smaller ones that are cheap. There's no need for expense all the time.

Would you rather play a board game, or watch a movie?

Image Image
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Watch a movie (I'm just totally clueless on current board games).

Would you rather play table-tennis or badminton?
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Badminton. I feel table-tennis usually ends up as a dangerous game when I play it with others! The ball is tiny and quite volatile!

Would you rather be able to play the piano, or the guitar?

[Edited on 12/07/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I gave up on the guitar after several tries at lessons so I turned to the piano. I loved it! So, I would much rather play the piano.

Would you rather sit next to a person on a bus that talks or sleeps but snores?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Well, I've done both and I have to say the talker was more interesting.

Would you rather have a wonderful Thanksgiving, or a wonderful Christmas?

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Christmas. We do have something similar to Thanksgiving in Germany, but (if I remember correctly) at an earlier date in early October.

Would you rather have similar (or even identical) holidays synchronized or let each denomination keep their dates? (Christmas / Easter as per the Gregorian or per the Julian calendar, for example).
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I suppose the dates were chosen for a reason? I'd keep them the same.

Would you rather give up meat, or vegetables?

Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I really had to think about that one. I was thinking of steak without potatoes, sandwiches without lettuce, and salad. I guess I would give up meat.

Would you rather talk to someone who hurt your feelings or talk to someone you can't stand?
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Hmm, I'd rather talk to someone who hurt my feelings, as I personally would tell them they'd hurt me. Then it'd be fine.

Would you rather sit under the sun all day, or the moon all night?

Image Image
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
..... the moon all night.

Would you rather go skiing or snowboarding?

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Well, skiing....cross country

Would you rather live on an island or in a busy city?
Council Member
Send Message
An island, please

Would you rather be trapped in an elevator or have no power during a snowstorm?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Unfortunately, I've been in both situations and, basing my choice on experience, I would rather have no power during a snow storm.

Would you rather own a house in the country, or on the ocean?

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I like my feet on solid ground so I will take the house in the country. Oh, haha, that is what I have now

Would you rather have a really nice set of matching dinnerware or a really nice set of dinnerware of all unmatching pieces?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Errrrr - we have both. Image

Would you rather read a big fat book about history or a big fat book about astronomy?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
History.

Would you rather watch a movie at home or at the theater?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I would rather watch a movie at home. That way no one could kick the back of my seat.

Would you rather have a puppy or a pony?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Puppy

Would you rather have a kitten or a parrot?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
MEOW! Kitten all the way!

Would you rather have ham or lasagna for Christmas dinner?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Lasagna, hands down.

Would you rather have mashed potatoes, or roasted potatoes, at Christmas dinner?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I love potatoes no matter how they are cooked....this time I will pick roasted.

Would you rather have bacon or sausage for breakfast (or lunch or dinner)?
<< First7891011Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email