Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Post Thranduil or Legolas! Who will win? (please vote)
on: April 30, 2015 11:45
So, who is better? Thranduil or Legolas? Who will win?!

(the deadline is: May 29, 2015)

[Edited on 05/05/2015 by flyingarrow]

[Edited on 05/08/2015 by flyingarrow]
Thranduil
57% (1)
Legolas
43% (9)

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Thranduil + elk thingy > Legolas
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
LOL1

BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
I love it, PSK! Why didn't I think of that? & just so you know, I saw somewhere that his elk (I gave him a new one, by the way, named Sigilaras) was styled after an extinct Irish elk that was apparently quite large.
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
Edhelharn
Council Member
Send Message
The elk's antlers are the Irish elk's, but the designers changed the body a bit and gave it an arched neck like a horse's and "more elegant flanks." (I really, really love my Chronicles books.)
Image Image Love is the strongest force the world possesses - Mahatma Gandhi
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Interesting! The elk is definitely elegant. The designers did a great job!
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Cool! I had no clue about the elk!

flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
remember, the deadline is May 29! on that day, I'll ask the admin to close it! so go make your mark fans!

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I voted for Thranduil...without him, we have no Legolas. Which means that one ninth of the Fellowship is missing. But I love them both.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I like Maxie voted for Thranduil because he is the reason Legolas exists... But it was a tough decision for me! As I've always liked Legolas a lot.
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
I voted for Legolas.
He is a good friend, true to his cause, talented, respectful and thoughtful, open minded, (and undeniably handsome).
Plus, Thranduil would want people to vote for his kid, right?....
May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
To be honest Thranduil seems so cold I don't think he would want people to vote for Legolas. I just Thranduil has an old-age grace and wisdom to him, even though he is still relatively youthful (in character), that's why I voted for him.
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
The reformed Thranduil at the end of BOFTA would want you to vote for Legolas, but otherwise I think you're probably right. But pitting son against father is pretty mean.
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
I voted for Legolas for all the same reasons Estelanor did. I appreciate what Thranduil brought to the story, but the choice was not hard for me.
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Hey all, Thranduil won! yay for him!!

BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
PSK, I just read your comment about Thranduil being cold, which I have to admit he kind of is in the movies, & I love your reasoning that because of that he'd only want votes for himself! I'm sure he's quite satisfied that he won
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
By the end of BOFTA I believe Thranduil had learned enough to not care about winning if that meant beating his son, but never mind
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Thranduil won!!!

I knew it!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email