Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Visions of Crossed Paths
on: May 18, 2015 11:59
Hello members of Crossed Paths! Welcome to our new thread.

This thread was inspired from a conversation I had with Cenor. She sent me a picture of what she thought her creepy new character looked like. It suddenly dawned on me that we all have the characters in our minds but that is where they are...in our minds. We can only imagine what they look like...what colour hair they have, what garments they wear, what weapons they carry,

I thought to start this new thread so we can post pictures of how we see our characters. The only drawback I found is that Linriel's clothes, for example, are on other people but I think we can at least get the general idea.

To start, I am posting a picture of Linriels' horse, Meldir. He is black with blue hooves.

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I think this is a great idea guys! I've managed to find a close enough picture of how I see Itarildë, but as I've mentioned, she wears a silver circlet and she also has beads in her hair. Her eyes also can't decide if they're brown or grey, so they seem to change with the light.

And this is how her horse, Silmë looks in my head, too.

[Edited on 05/19/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, this was such a fabulous idea!

I have so many pictures I could share, though I do not know if I have found a good representation of Írimë yet. I have a whole board on Pinterest called "roleplay inspiration".
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Same here! I will post a pic of Eleniel when i have time, which means probably tomorrow. Lets here it for procrastination, everybody!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Here is Harn!

Here is my creepy character:

And last but not least! Ithil, Harn's horse:

Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I'm really liking the creepy character, Cenor! Also, I think Ithil and Silmë could possibly be related haha!
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am so delighted to see all these pics and that you are all enjoying this new thread. I think it is really adding to our role play.

Ilde, your last post was wonderful and not too long! That bow is beautiful. Adding some pics to our posts as well will add to our story.

At last we see Harn and isn't that creepy guy really creepy?

I must post a pic of Linriel....I mean moonlight coloured hair? Turquoise eyes? Not so easy to find but a picture of her will be posted soon.

Oh, such fun we will have with this!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love the creepy guy! I must go find a picture of Eleniel now, and Castiel as well.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message

This is how Meri sees Narroch, the horse she and Beri share.

This is Beri's cloak (it's a little long for her).

This is Meri's cloak, but it only goes down to about her knees.

[Edited on 05/23/2015 by wolfbladequeen]
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Wolfie, such lovely pictures!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am glad to see so many posting pics. Here is the best I could come up with for Linriel. The eyes are not quite right but they are close enough.

Her eyes are more like this

Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, that is great! Her eyes are beautiful.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Song

Wolfie, I love your interpretation of how Meri sees Narroch. You see things in such a wonderful way.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Wow...Linriel is mysteriously pretty...no wonder Bildarion likes her!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
And just think, she will not hesitate to slice the head off an orc

Okay, so this is Bildarion. He is holding the ring that Linriel gave back to him. I think he looks angry. He also has a mithril earring which is the glint of silver that lets us know when he is around.

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
This is Linriel's dagger. I am trying to find her sword with the jeweled hilt but so far no luck.

[Edited on 09/22/2015 by Lindarielwen]
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Hey guys, I mentioned a male elf that Itarildë had taken a fancy to back in Imladris, and I think I've found a picture to fit how I almost see him. Members of CP this is Hirnaeranin.

Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The guy is gorgeous! I think he should definitely fancy Itarilde. Have you done a male character before? I am not very good at it. So you plan on bringing him in after Cuivienen? Maybe you can work him in sooner somehow.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I haven't written for a male character on CoE before that I've created myself, but I have written as Elrohir. And he is gorgeous isn't he, Lindarielwen! Maybe I'll bring him into CP sooner, but I'll have to think of a reason as to why. So far I'm trying to develop Itarildë, but so far it's all been mainly back story for her
Image Image
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, that is a great picture! I had seen that one before and thought of Nestedir, one of my characters in Darkest of Days. He makes a good Bildarion.

Ildë, he is adorable! He looks so perfect for Itarildë.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, Song! I know at some point I'll need to think of a way to introduce him

I just like looking at him! As does Ildë, obviously I wonder how Lord Elrond and Elrohir will feel about that
Image Image
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
If he is an honorable young Elf I am sure at least Lord Elrond would approve. He may even have sent him after Itarildë (or he sent himself) to watch out for her. Perhaps he wants to prove himself to her father.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
That actually might be a perfect way to do it! Or, he sends Hirnaeranin after her, but doesn't know about his feelings, but either way, he is an approved elf by Lord Elrond for Ildë ... eventually
Image Image
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Okay evidently the wood would be totally dark. Oh and all that blue would be what it would look like if you could really see the magic...only the small blue light at the Whisperer's feet and hands can be seen by It.

[Edited on 06/05/2015 by Cenor]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Great pic, Cenor. Sometimes a pic is not exactly what we need but your description makes The Whisperer easy to see. Do you plan on keeping this creature around to keep us on our toes? Will you make it come around, cause a little havoc and then leave only to return again later?
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor, this guy is so creepy! Great pic and great writing!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Here is Írimë

And her swords/long daggers

[Edited on 06/05/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I haven't found any pictures for my characters yet, but this is what Meri probably looked like when she was younger (but with different ears):

[Edited on 06/05/2015 by wolfbladequeen]
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Wolfie, she is so cute!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Great pics Song and Wolfie, Meri is so adorable. I agree about the ears. Almost every Elf pic I find has these giant ears.

Song, where did you find the weapons? I cannot find a sword for Linriel anywhere.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, I found it on Pinterest. I found a lot of broadswords on there as well.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Wonderful pics!!

ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë looks exactly as I imagined her! Loving the pictures everyone
Image Image
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Ildë, that is wonderful! Cenor and Mr.Panda helped me decide on that one.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Song: I imagined she had hair like Merida in Disney's 'Brave', but the rest of her is exactly as I imagined.

This is Itarildë's mother's ring I mentioned in my rather long post. I thought it was a nice touch to add to Itarildë's past, as I didn't know what else to say about her mother!
Image Image
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email