Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Post Favorite LOTR & Hobbit elf
on: May 19, 2015 09:15
Who is your favorite LOTR or Hobbit elf?
Elrond
25% (5)
Haldir
0% (0)
Galadriel
30% (6)
Celeborn
0% (0)
Lindir
0% (0)
Figwit
0% (0)
Feren
5% (1)
Thranduil
20% (4)
Legolas
10% (2)

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I don't think I even need to confirm who I voted for. Everyone already knows!
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
Aren't Figwit and Lindir the same person??
I think I voted for the same elf as you, Itarilde
May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Sorry, I can't vote. You forgot Glorfindel.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I thought someone was missing!
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Elnath
Council Member
Send Message
Thranduil. Yessssssssssss. Just yes.
Annog nin daf pladan tele ci?
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Galadriel. Need that Noldor touch in Middle Earth otherwise it's just run o' the mill Sindarin and Silvan elves...
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I think Figwit and Lindir are the same person.

Arwen is missing but it might surprise you all to know that she is so not my fave.

Galadriel got my vote.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Interesting poll, flyingarrow. I would split my vote between Legolas, Elrond, and Galadriel if I could.

Of course it is up to you who you want to include on the poll, but I wonder if you would like to explain some of your choices? Like putting Lindir and his nickname Figwit both on. And Feren?? I had to look him up on lotrwiki. Apparently he is the Silvan guardsman with the horn. Does he have a following I haven't heard of? (why him and not Tauriel)
Please don't think I'm criticizing; I'm just curious!
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Well, In a game with another user, I am married to Feren. I had no clue Lindir and Figwit were the same. And I know how crazy this sounds, but I forgot Tauriel!!

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, thanks for the explanation.
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Galadriel. And though the scene is anything but canon, I did enjoy Galadriel's scene where she kicks Sauron way out of Dol Guldur in BoFA.

ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I have to say, if Elrond weren't on the list, Galadriel and Legolas would come a close second for me! They just have some brilliant scenes!
Image Image
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Gandolorin said:Galadriel. And though the scene is anything but canon, I did enjoy Galadriel's scene where she kicks Sauron way out of Dol Guldur in BoFA.

I know, right? That was pure wish fulfillment. But why do you consider it non canon? As far as I know, Tolkien never gave the details of how the White Council drove Sauron out, but they did do it, so its possible that this is how it went.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Elfeawen Lomiondil said:... But why do you consider it non canon? As far as I know, Tolkien never gave the details of how the White Council drove Sauron out, but they did do it, so its possible that this is how it went.

True, but:

1. Gandalf was never captured by Sauron in Dol Guldur (what PJ totally goofed on is that Sauron would then have been able to take Narya from Gandalf, see below)
2. Gandalf had been given the third Ring of the Elves, Narya the Ring of Fire, by Cirdan when Gandalf came to Middle-Earth, thus all three Elven Rings of Power were arrayed against Sauron when the White Council attacked him.
3. The White Council was not limited to Elrond, Galadriel, Saruman and Gandalf. At least Glorfindel (remember how he unnerved the Nazgûl when he attacked them from behind at the Ford of Bruinen in FoTR?) was a member, very likely Celeborn too, and perhaps other (Noldorin) Elves from Rivendell.
4. For 2063 in The Tale of Years (Appendix B of LoTR) it is stated "Gandalf goes to Dol Guldur. Sauron retreats and hides in the East. The Watchful Peace begins..." Then for 2460 "The Watchful Peace ends..."

So Gandalf by himself was able to make Sauron retreat - a little less than 900 years before the events told in The Hobbit. Even that retreat may have been a tactical one - after retreating from the White Council in 2941, Sauron openly declared himself just ten years later, began gathering power in Mordor, and rebuilding Barad-dûr.
But yes, Galadriel in a very severe "we are not amused" mode is one of PJ's most satisfying fanfic moments! Image
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Okay. Makes sense. I was only thinking of what I considered the essentials. (I guess a Cirdan or Glorfindel fan might feel differently!)

And I'm trying not to allow myself to hope for a little more of this scene in the EE; it was great as it was, but the insatiable fan always wants "just a little more . . . "
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Being this is the PJ movie casting forum (as I have been reminded so many times ) and based on this fact and the list provided, I voted for Galadriel. I'm surprised Arwen didn't make the cut.

[Edited on 06/17/2015 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email