Post RIP Christopher Lee (1922 - 2015)
on: June 10, 2015 09:58
He'll be sadly missed!
Yassë engë lómë, anarties calali.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Rest in Peace Sir Christopher.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
parluggla
Council Member
Send Message
As I understand, he believed in Tolkien's vision more than anyone else on the set of the Jackson movies. It seems LotR produced a lot of interest in the actors, but Lee went beyond just being a Johnny-come-lately fan. His work with the Tolkien Ensemble proved that. See

https://youtu.be/-QqcyuWHW9o and
https://youtu.be/P353s0mSqiE

. . . maybe even thou shalt find Valimar. Farewell.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Rest in peace.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
His ship has now sailed. But he is still with us. He is part of everything...he is in the trees, the oceans, the wind that blows on our faces.

Lucky we are to have witnessed his great talent.

Namarie.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Rest in peace, Sir Christopher Lee! You will be sorely missed.
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
So sorry to hear that. He was such a classy guy, and so flawless in his acting. RIP.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Edhelharn
Council Member
Send Message
Rest in peace.

He gave us so much, and we as fans can give him little in return but our everlasting gratitude.

"We came all this way
But now comes the day
To bid you farewell."
Image Image Love is the strongest force the world possesses - Mahatma Gandhi
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
As I have read somewhere ...

He read the LoTR every year since it was published (FoTR in 1954), which meant he was close to 50 readings at that time.

His wish was to have a role in a sensible movie about the LoTR; maybe PJ just got lucky, but besides Gandalf, only Saruman now has a fixed face for me when I read ... (Gimli ... yes, that would be number three ... and maybe Théoden ...)

One of the great baddies of all time ... just checked, he was also in Star Wars 5 and 6 (Episodes 2 and 3).

I hope there is some more of him im BoFA EE - I would think it a fitting good-bye. Spock, and now Saruman ... Image

[Edited on 06/12/2015 by Gandolorin]
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Gandolorin said:As I have read somewhere ...

He read the LoTR every year since it was published (FoTR in 1954), which meant he was close to 50 readings at that time.

His wish was to have a role in a sensible movie about the LoTR; maybe PJ just got lucky, but besides Gandalf, only Saruman now has a fixed face for me when I read ... (Gimli ... yes, that would be number three ... and maybe Théoden ...)

One of the great baddies of all time ... just checked, he was also in Star Wars 5 and 6 (Episodes 2 and 3).

I hope there is some more of him im BoFA EE - I would think it a fitting good-bye. Spock, and now Saruman ... Image

[Edited on 06/12/2015 by Gandolorin]

I completely agree with this! I hope there is more Saruman, and maybe even a little dedication note as they do for some films.

[Edited on 06/12/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
hiding from classmates that I'm crying

"Why do you weep, what are these tears upon your face?"

"Round the corner there may wait, a new road or a secret gate. And though I have passed them by, a day will come. I will take the hidden paths that run, West of the Moon and East of the Sun. I'm glad that you were here with me . . . "

Farewell, Sir Christopher Lee. May your memory never fade!
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
WingFoot III
Council Member
Send Message
"Round the corner there may wait, a new road or a secret gate. And though I have passed them by, a day will come. I will take the hidden paths that run, West of the Moon and East of the Sun. I'm glad that you were here with me . . . "

Farewell, Sir Christopher Lee. May your memory never fade!

Namarie, Sir Christpher Lee.

[Edited on 06/14/2015 by WingFoot III]
SigNew
"I would have gone with you to the end, into the very fires of Mordor."
~ Aragorn The Fellowship Of The Ring
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
"Lay down your sweet and weary head, night is falling you have come to journey's end. Sleep now and dream of the ones that came before, they are calling from across the distant shore..."
Sir Christopher Lee, may you journey in peace to a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Besides LOTR, the only movies I saw Christopher Lee in were Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, and he was amazing in them as well.
May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
DarkLord153
Council Member
Send Message
May we never forget Sir Christopher Lee,the last person alive to have been close friends with Tolkien is now gone.This is so sad for me,but,that's what life brings i guess.Rest in peace Christopher,may we remember you for years to come!
That Still Only Counts As One!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email