Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
F please
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Image Image Come on you two ...

And the others were thinking e-ually gloomy thoughts, although when they had said good-bye to Elrond in the high hope of a midsummer morning, they had spoken gaily of the passage of the mountains, and of riding swift across the lands beyond. They had thought of coming to the secret door of the Lonely Mountain, perhaps that very ne-t first moon of Autumn - 'and perhaps it will be Durin's Day' they had said. Only Gandalf had shaken his head and said nothing."

I•T,H,I,N,K•V,E,R,Y•B,A,D•C,L,U,M,P,S•G,O,W,F
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
Very well. The last two letters occur once each, after all. It isn't often we have an X, though!

And the others were thinking equally gloomy thoughts, although when they had said good-bye to Elrond in the high hope of a midsummer morning, they had spoken gaily of the passage of the mountains, and of riding swift across the lands beyond. They had thought of coming to the secret door of the Lonely Mountain, perhaps that very next first moon of Autumn - 'and perhaps it will be Durin's Day' they had said. Only Gandalf had shaken his head and said nothing.

"Half brother in blood, full brother in heart will I be. Thou shalt lead and I will follow. May no new grief divide us."

[Edited on 07/24/2016 by limwencaevudoriel]
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Aha!
J please
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Finally! *wipes sweat off brow* Well done, Limwen!

E please

""Do not meddle in the affairs of Moderators, for they hold power over you beyond imagination."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
S please
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
N please

""Do not meddle in the affairs of Moderators, for they hold power over you beyond imagination."
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
--e --- --n --s --- ----- --- ---. -e s---n- -- --s -ee- -n- -e--e- -- --e --- -- - ----e ----. --e-e -e s---, ----n s---en-- ----, ---e--n- ----e --e-. --s ---- -n- --s --e- ---s -e-e ---n- ----. --s ----e ----en-s s--ne. -e ----e- -- --s s----, -n- -----'s --e -e--e- ---- --s ---s- -n- -e-- --n--n- -n --e ---n-. --e s---- -- ------n, s---- -n --s -------ess --n-, ----e- ---- - s---en ---e. -e----s ---e - --e-- s---- -n- s--- -n ----- ---- -n-- --- ---: -- --n-s-e- -n - ---s- -- ----e.

ESN J

[Edited on 07/28/2016 by limwencaevudoriel]
tarcolan
Send Message
A for Alligator please
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
T as in Túna

"Do not meddle in Games Forum threads where CoE members with wizards as avatars tend to troll!"
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
R please.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
H please.
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
The --- -an -as t-- ----- --r h--. He s-ran- t- h-s -eet an- -ea-e- t- the t-- -- a -ar-e r---. There he st---, -r--n s---en-- ta--, t--er-n- a---e the-. H-s h--- an- h-s -re- ra-s -ere ---n- a-a-. H-s -h-te -ar-ents sh-ne. He ---te- -- h-s sta--, an- -----'s a-e -ea-e- -r-- h-s -ras- an- -e-- r-n--n- -n the -r--n-. The s--r- -- Ara--rn, st--- -n h-s --t--n-ess han-, --a-e- --th a s---en --re. -e---as -a-e a -reat sh--t an- sh-t an arr-- h--h -nt- the a-r: -t -an-she- -n a --ash -- -la-e.

HER ANTS J

"Posting 'Hobbit' in this thread does not deter punishment even when the siggy is illegible."

[Edited on 07/30/2016 by limwencaevudoriel]
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
P please
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
O please

"Do not meddle in Games Forum threads where CoE members with wizards as avatars tend to troll!"
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
The o-- -an -as too ----- -or h--. He spran- to h-s -eet an- -eape- to the top o- a -ar-e ro--. There he stoo-, -ro-n s---en-- ta--, to-er-n- a-o-e the-. H-s hoo- an- h-s -re- ra-s -ere ---n- a-a-. H-s -h-te -ar-ents shone. He ---te- -p h-s sta--, an- -----'s a-e -eape- -ro- h-s -rasp an- -e-- r-n--n- on the -ro-n-. The s-or- o- Ara-orn, st--- -n h-s -ot--n-ess han-, --a-e- --th a s---en --re. -e-o-as -a-e a -reat sho-t an- shot an arro- h--h -nt- the a-r: -t -an-she- -n a --ash o- -la-e.

THE APRON J

"Posting 'Hobbit' in this thread does not deter punishment even when the siggy is illegible."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I please
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
S please

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Moderators, for they hold power over you beyond imagination."
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
I'm sorry, ES! I just noticed that we had done S before, but I forgot about it when I was listing the letters.

The o-- -an -as too --i-- -or hi-. He spran- to his -eet an- -eape- to the top o- a -ar-e ro--. There he stoo-, -ro-n s---en-- ta--, to-erin- a-o-e the-. His hoo- an- his -re- ra-s -ere ---n- a-a-. His -hite -ar-ents shone. He -i-te- -p his sta--, an- -i--i's a-e -eape- -ro- his -rasp an- -e-- rin-in- on the -ro-n-. The s-or- o- Ara-orn, sti-- in his -oti-n-ess han-, --a-e- -ith a s---en -ire. -e-o-as -a-e a -reat sho-t an- shot an arro- hi-h int- the air: it -anishe- in a --ash o- -la-e.

ANOTHER SIP J

[Edited on 08/02/2016 by limwencaevudoriel]
tarcolan
Send Message
Q for Quaint please
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
L please
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
D please

"What is finer than flying?"
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
The old -an -as too q-i-- -or hi-. He spran- to his -eet and leaped to the top o- a lar-e ro--. There he stood, -ro-n s-ddenl- tall, to-erin- a-o-e the-. His hood and his -re- ra-s -ere -l-n- a-a-. His -hite -ar-ents shone. He li-ted -p his sta--, and -i-li's a-e leaped -ro- his -rasp and -ell rin-in- on the -ro-nd. The s-ord o- Ara-orn, sti-- in his -oti-nless hand, -la-ed -ith a s-dden -ire. Le-olas -a-e a -reat sho-t and shot an arro- hi-h int- the air: it -anished in a -lash o- -la-e.

TOP HANDLER'S IQ J

tarcolan
Send Message
G for Gerbil please
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Stuck on a few words ....

F please

limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
The old -an -as too q-i-- -or hi-. He sprang to his feet and leaped to the top of a large ro--. There he stood, gro-n s-ddenl- tall, to-ering a-o-e the-. His hood and his gre- rags -ere fl-ng a-a-. His -hite gar-ents shone. He lifted -p his staff, and Gi-li's a-e leaped fro- his grasp and fell ringing on the gro-nd. The s-ord of Aragorn, stiff in his -otionless hand, -la-ed -ith a s-dden fire. Legolas ga-e a great sho-t and shot an arro- high into the air: it -anished in a flash of fla-e.

GRAND TOP SHELF IQ J
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
M please
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Do I really want to solve this ... oh, what the heck!

The old man was too quick for him. He sprang to his feet and leaped to the top of a large rock. There he stood, grown suddenly tall, towering above them. His hood and his grey rags were flung away. His white garments shone. He lifted up his staff, and Gimli's axe leaped from his grasp and fell ringing on the ground. The sword of Aragorn, stiff in his motionless hand, blazed with a sudden fire. Legolas gave a great shout and shot an arrow high into the air: it vanished in a flash of flame.

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go, some stay for a while and leave footprints on out hearts, and we are never, ever the same." ~ For Lindarielwen: Gone too soon; remembered always.
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
Well done, Evil~Shieldmaiden! To be honest, I'm slightly surprised Gandolorin didn't solve it.

I, please.
Our paths crossed only briefly, but you will always be remembered. Namárië Lindarielwen, meldenya. Image

[Edited on 08/06/2016 by limwencaevudoriel]
tarcolan
Send Message
H for Hollin please
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Being sleep challenged at the moment, I suspect Gando avoided doing so. LOL

"--- -- --i-- --- ---- -i-- -h--- i- -i---- -- -- --i-, ------ i- ----; -- ----- --i- --- ---------, -hi-- -h-- --i-- ------ --- ---- -- ---, --- ---- -h-i- --- ------, --- ---- ---- -h-- --- i- ---i- -- ------ --- ---- -- -h-- ---- i--- ----."

H,I

"The grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise."
" For me the grief is still too near. " ~ R.I.P. Linda
tarcolan
Send Message
I thought it was traditional to avoid solving it. Maybe if the winner got points depending on how many unused letters, or 26-letters. Cake should feature somewhere.

M please.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
S please Image
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
ImageHow about a banquet?

no M ...

"--- -- --iss --- ---- -i-- -h--- is -i---- -- -- s-i-, ------ i- ---s; -s ----s --i- --- ---------, -hi-- -h-- s-i-- ------ --- ---s -- s--, --- ---- -h-i- --- ------, --- ---- ---- -h-- --- i- ---i- -- ------ --- ---- -- -h-- --ss i--- s---."

H,I,M,S

"The grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise."
" For me the grief is still too near. " ~ R.I.P. Linda
tarcolan
Send Message
T for Torte please
<< First1617181920Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email