Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I "bump" threads that get stuck on the third page to bring them to the players attention.
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
(Comes back out of the kitchen, carrying a tray with two mugs of hot chocolate and a small plate of marshmallows from Halloween.) "I was hoping that we could play tag in the dark when the others wake up." (Walks to the window and watches the snowflakes flying past.) "Snow looks amazing, doesn't it? I wonder what would happen if I were to open the window slightly."
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
(tiptoes into the room while quietly shaking the snow off her coat)

"Everyone seems to be asleep. Thanks, limwen. A mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows will really hit the spot."

(sits down on a mattress and sips her drink)

"A game of tag, in the dark, might be interesting. Or, maybe a game of 'Truth or Dare'."

"We only wish to catch a fish, so juicy-sweet!"

[Edited on 02/01/2016 by Evil~Shieldmaiden]
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
(Turns away from the window to face E~S.) "I quite like playing 'Truth or Dare'. Perhaps we could start the game with just the two of us. Would you like to go first, or shall I?"

(aside) Virtual dares might get interesting - I'm not sure how that's going to work.

"Is it nice, my preciousss? Is it juicy? Is it scrumptiously crunchable?”
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
(thinks about limwen's comment)

"Perhaps a 'dare' can be expressed as one's willingness to do it, or not do it. The format could be something like:

Truth: .......
Dare: .......

and the person accepting the challenge would say either Yes or No; then post their challenge. I will start."

Dare: would go bungy jumping

limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
(Sits for a while, deep in thought.) "I think it would be unlikely, but not impossible."

Dare: would perform "The Man in the Moon Came Down Too Soon" by JRR Tolkien, including dancing on a table

Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
(laughs at mental image that comes to mind after reading the challenge)

"You bet I would, but only if I had a pint in my hand."

Dare: Would shove Arwen out of the way while she's being kissed by Aragorn and take her place.

(wanders off to get more hot chocolate)

"Would you like another mug of hot chocolate, limwen? Something to eat? I brought an assortment of muffins with me."

limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
(Follows E~S to the kitchen.) "No, I refuse to take up dares which cause discomfort to other people. Yes please, I would like some more hot chocolate. What kind of muffins do you have?"

Truth: If you could be any species at all, what would you be?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
(ponders the question)

"I actually like being a human being, and I wouldn't choose to be anything else."

(takes a sip of the hot chocolate she has just made)

"How can you refuse a dare? It's just a game so I don't think it's very sporting of you."

Truth: You have a secret passion that you keep strictly to yourself.
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
"I suppose I do. As for refusing that dare, it would be mostly for Aragorn and Arwen's sakes."

(aside) No one geographically close to me knows that I'm a member of Council of Elrond, but keeping that strictly to myself rather defeats the purpose of signing up.

Truth: Describe the best day of your life so far.

Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
(glances at limwen and laughs)

"You've got it right in one. Took a lovely walk down Memory Lane with your Truth challenge.

The specific incident I remembered naturally had something to do with my dad and fly-fishing.

My dad was such an artist, and he had the uncanny ability to be able to place his lure exactly where he wanted it to be. He was also very competitive when he was fishing, and loved it when a fish gave him a run for his money.

This particular afternoon that has stayed with me over the years.

He had a nice trout on the line and was playing it to tire it out before he reeled it in. An old tree trunk had fallen into the stream and the fish dove under it; and rather than losing the fish to a snapped line, my dad went under the tree trunk. He came up on the other side, sopping wet, with the fish still on the line.

When he finally managed to get it in the net, he removed the hook and released it with the observation: "Great opponent. He deserves to live to fight another day."

Incidentally, standing in a sun-dappled stream, watching my dad fly-fishing is one of my favourite scenarios when I'm using biofeedback techniques for relaxation purposes.

(stares off into space, forgotten mug in hand)

Truth: You have a favourite "bad" TV show you like watching when nobody's around.

"What's a burrahobbit got to do with my pocket, anyways?"
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
(grinning broadly) "That actually sounds amazing. I've never heard of fly-fishing before - does that mean that you use flies as bait? Or perhaps it has something to do with flying?"

(Looks at E~S with raised eyebrows.) "A bad TV show? You'll have to define that further. If I like to watch a TV show, I myself wouldn't consider it to be bad. I'll give a final answer at the same time as the next truth or dare you give me."

Truth: There is an item or experience that you have wanted for many years.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
(As described in Wikipedia: Fly fishing is an angling method in which an artificial "fly" is used to catch fish. The fly is cast using a fly rod, reel, and specialized weighted line. Casting a nearly weightless fly or "lure" requires casting techniques significantly different from other forms of casting. Fly fishermen use hand tied flies that resemble natural invertebrates, baitfish, other food organisms, or "lures" to provoke the fish to strike (bite at the fly).

Fly fishing can be done in fresh or salt water. North Americans usually distinguish freshwater fishing between cold-water species (trout, salmon, steelhead) and warm-water species, notably bass. In Britain, where natural water temperatures vary less, the distinction is between game fishing for trout and salmon versus coarse fishing for other species. Techniques for fly fishing differ with habitat (lakes and ponds, small streams, large rivers, bays and estuaries, and open ocean.)

Author Izaak Walton called fly fishing "The Contemplative Man's Recreation".)

*sips chocolate and contemplates Truth question*

Something I've either wanted, or something I've wanted to experience.

I have everything I want, and I've experienced everything I wished to, I can honestly say I'm good.

Dare: Would travel through the Amazon rainforest without a guide.

"I go crazy without HHS babbling to do."
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
"Yes, provided that enough safety precautions are in place." (Pause) "So what do you consider to be a 'bad' TV show?"

Dare: Impersonate a fictional character of your choice as closely as possible in public.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*muses while noshing on some potato chips*

"That's a tough one to pull off. I could probably manage Rosie Cotton. Actually, it would be fun to do something like it, especially with the right gear."

*finishes the chips, crumples the bag, and lobs it towards the wastebasket (misses and walks over to put it in)*

Dare: Go white water rafting down the Columbia river.

"I go crazy without HHS babbling to do."
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
"I've never gone white water rafting or watched it, but I imagine that I would have a go. Is there anything special about the Columbia River that I should be aware of?"

Dare: Learn and perform a ballet solo dance.

"I didn't think it would end this way."

[Edited on 02/22/2016 by limwencaevudoriel]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*looks askance at limwen*

"You do know that I'm no spring chicken? I did study ballet, way back when, but I'm well past the solo stage these days.

Mind you, I still love ballet."

*ponders her next challenge, while going for more hot chocolate*

Truth: You had a very favourite cuddle toy when you were young.
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
"No, actually. I had rather severe eczema, so I didn't play with soft toys." (Lifts the hem of her dress to the knee to show a badly scarred left leg.)

"To be honest, I didn't think much about your age, though I suspect you're older than 30. I didn't expect you to perform a variation from one of the great classical ballets, though I'd be very impressed if you did. Maybe something small from when you were studying ballet? For that matter..."

Truth: What was your ballet training like and how old were you at the time?

Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
(grins at limwen)

"I started ballet in my 40's as a form of exercise and I loved it. Not that I was really any good at it, but it was fun. Most of the participants were older, and the younger ones used to laugh at us because we were like bulls in a china shop. I still practice the basics as the exercises are great for flexibility and posture."

sits down and looks up at limwen with a sly expression

Truth: You had a major crush on someone when you were in Elementary school (Primary school if you're British).

"Wizards are the most annoying participants in the HHS thread!"
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
"I spent my whole primary education at a girls' school, so I didn't understand the concept of having a crush. Having said that, I don't think I've experienced one afterwards, either."

Dare: Start a snowball fight in a park.

Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Notice: This thread has moved 180 degrees from its original concept, which never really worked very well; and It has morphed into a Truth or Dare thread which is easier to maintain, and more fun.

I am, therefore, locking this thread, and I will open a Truth or Dare thread on the weekend, with appropriate rules.

"Wizards are the most annoying participants in the HHS thread!"

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email