Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Post Star Wars Sequel Trilogy
on: December 11, 2015 04:10
Are you excited about the Sequel Trilogy being made? Discuss the new movies and tie in media here.

We only have one more week to suffer, wait, and speculate! Do you have any last minute predictions? Who will your new favorite character be? I have a good feeling about Rey.

I hope this can be a friendly Star Wars hang out where we can all share our love of the story. Please be considerate of other fans and mark your posts if they contain spoilers.
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings!

I rather enjoyed the original trilogy. I've not watched Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith, but I've seen all the others. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually going to see The Force Awakens with my family tonight. I said I wouldn't, but my brother who was also against it gave into the dark side, and I gave up and agreed to go, too. I'm not exactly expecting to like it, but we shall see...

When will you go see it, Elfeawen Lominondil? - And on a side note, I don't believe I've seen you around yet. Of course this is probably largely due to the fact that I'm not extremely active anymore, But regardless, a belated welcome to the Council to you!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, Mareth. I've seen your posts a lot, but I think I usually post on different forums, and that's why you may not have seen me. I am going to see it Saturday with my family, after I graduate! I would have gone on the first day, but my sister doesn't get back until late on Friday. We have to see it together. It's a pact.

I hope you like it. I really hope I like it. I have fears, but I'm trying not to dwell on that because fear is the path to the Darkside. Is it Thursday for you? I don't understand why they have showings on Thursday when Friday is opening day, but they do here, too.

To help me stay excited and block out negative thoughts, I have been asking people what things they wish will be in TFA. But TFA is here now, so you can answer for Ep. VIII instead if you want. Be as unrealistic as you like.

1. Who do you most wish to see?
2. Which character from The Clone Wars do you most wish will be in it?
3. Character from Rebels?
4. Character from a book? (Legends or Canon.)
5. Which movie planet do you most wish to see?
6. Which other planet?
7. Which species do you most wish to be in the movie?
8. Which favorite piece of tech would you most like to see?
9. What theme do you most wish to hear in the soundtrack?
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
I saw it last night it was actually good. Way better than the three prequels that were horrible (my opinion). I won't post any spoilers
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I can only report at maybe third hand, but some opinions seem to see it as almost a remake of (what is now) episode four, meaning the first movie from 1977. Not something unusual almost 40 years after the original film ...

[Edited on 01/23/2020 by Gandolorin]
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
This movie was a big deal for all of us, but perhaps in different ways. Some of you were probably there in 1977 when the first Star Destroyer flew across our screens, and you may have watched every Star Wars movie in the theaters since. Possibly on opening day. Many of you probably grew up with the prequels. But for me and my siblings, The Force Awakens was the first new Star Wars film that we got to see in theaters; the only SW film that we had seen in theaters before was The Phantom Menace in 3-D. I wholeheartedly love all six previous movies and the intensities of my worries and excitement were almost more than I could bear.

We planned this day two years in advance. After my graduation ceremony on Saturday the 19th, my whole family would go see the seventh SW movie. When the day came, I could hardly believe it was real.

It’s easier to talk about all this then to tell you how I feel about TFA. The opening was as amazing as I’d dreamed, William’s main title, the episode number VII, and the opening crawl rising into the stars. It was the first time I teared up before a movie even started. I couldn’t have asked for a better audience to watch it with. I’ve always wanted one of those group experiences that others talk about, like the collective gasp when Luke learns the truth about his father, or the spontaneous applause for the ROTS main title. We screamed, stamped our feet, and cheered when the Falcon was revealed, when they showed us Anakin’s lightsaber, for R2-D2, and every time Rey did something particularly amazing, and again as the credits rolled. We cried together.

It was way better than when I saw BOTFA and jerks were laughing or getting up for popcorn in the middle of death scenes.

Most of the minutes of TFA were some of the best of my fan existence, except for the ones that were among the worst. Now, back out in the regular world, I don’t what to say or how to feel.
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
Warning!! Spoilers
I just watched The Force Awakens for the second time I liked it so much more this time. The music is beautiful and all three new main characters are great. Poe is my favorite character and I hope to see more of him in episode 8 in 2017. If they want to make a movie just featuring Poe, I will be quite happy too

My chief complaint is that Kylo Ren is Han and Leia's son. That is just incredibly cruel. If Kylo returns to the light in a later movie, it will partially make up for this.

May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
basti
Council Member
Send Message
Being a big Star Wars fan, I liked it too. Maybe the whole storyline could be more original, but still, I liked it a lot.
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
I am so excited, I have tickets to the first showing of Rogue One, at 7 pm tonight! I am enjoying the pure excitement that I was unable to feel for TFA without massive stress about the plot and fates of beloved characters. It is nice not to worry so much, but that is what I get for being a super obsessed fan!

It would be a treat if there are any references to Rebels or TFA characters - I already know about a Clone Wars connection!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Post Rogue One
on: December 16, 2016 05:52
Elfeawen Lomiondil said:I am so excited, I have tickets to the first showing of Rogue One, at 7 pm tonight! I am enjoying the pure excitement that I was unable to feel for TFA without massive stress about the plot and fates of beloved characters. It is nice not to worry so much, but that is what I get for being a super obsessed fan!

It would be a treat if there are any references to Rebels or TFA characters - I already know about a Clone Wars connection!

Yes! They ticked several of the boxes! It was quite an enjoyable movie and the writing, acting, and visual effects was well done and none of it was over the top. The actors, especially Felicity Jones, were really good, and there wasn't any of the expectations that laid so heavy on TFA. I think Rogue One was one of the better Star Wars films!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I was not a fan of The Force Awakens, but I did like Rogue One in a heartbreaking, emotionally scarring way.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
I enjoyed Rogue One far more than Force Awakens, seemed more creative and I just think it was a lot easier to engage with and be pulled into the story. The start was I think a tad slow but the battle at Scarif was one of the best I've seen in Star Wars. Characters were well thought through and it makes it easier when you can do whatever you want with them because there's no follow up movie.

I am one with the force and the force is with me...
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
May the Force Be With You, Carrie Fisher. Rest in peace...
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
The new Star Wars movie was amazing!! Kylo is my boy.
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email