Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
This just confirms my suspicions. There are more girls in the world than guys, am I right?

I am a guy. Don't forget that!
Female
85% (3)
Male
15% (6)
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
World as a whole, yes. But for some (east) Asian countries that does not hold true. In mainland China, at any rate, they have a surplus of males.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Ha...if you click on the poll, which I didn't yet, 83% of people who voted are female...leaving guys at 14%.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Sundown
Council Member
Send Message
Or perhaps it just means women are more likely to be a fan of Tolkein?
"Sundown: 'Sexy, right?' Abby: 'Oh yeah, baby. You're so hot right now, if I was a chicken I'd lay hard-boiled eggs.'" ― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Retribution
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
That poll was started in 2003, a long time ago. If you notice, only 9 people answered. Things have changed here since I have joined in 2006. There were mostly teenage girls. Now I think we have a good mix of both genders and ages. Welcome, Sundown. Nice hat.

<-----Girl

[Edited on 09/20/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hm, I did not notice that. We do seem to have a good mix though, then.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Sundown
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Lindarielwen. Unfortuantely, that hat was crushed by my kids. *shaking my head* what's a cowboy to do without his stetson?
Bout 2 months from now I'm gonna drag my wife to the site and probably my eldest son, least he says he is interested. And my youngest is only 12 so she has to wait a year. Cannot have her gettin corrupted to early in life. *realizing he is goin on and on* So, anyway I guess I'll keep it balanced. My wife is a big LOTR fan. I've been doin a lot of research and huge thanks to this site. *scratches his head* I'd tip my stetson in thanks but... *shrugs* Anyway, my kids and I are gonna sing Happpy Birthday to her in Quenya. I refuse to learn anymore than those few words. I'll let my wife pick which way she thinks we should go Sindarin or Quenya. Would hate to go too far and have to unlearn what I have learned.
"Sundown: 'Sexy, right?' Abby: 'Oh yeah, baby. You're so hot right now, if I was a chicken I'd lay hard-boiled eggs.'" ― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Retribution
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Sundown, a cowboy must have a hat as do cowgirls. I almost got a Stetson a few weeks ago but even though I liked it, the hat did not *speak* to me as did my first one so I must keep looking. I believe Mr. Stetson hailed from Florida.

We will all look forward to meeting your wife and son when they join our happy group. It is awesome that you will sing in Quenya to your wife. There is a birthday thread on this site somewhere.

[Edited on 09/27/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Sundown
Council Member
Send Message
I have noy stumbled on the birthday thread yet. But I have learned to write tengwar quenya, it took a while to figure the font out. I also have bilbo handwriting font. So she will have a note in her card about the site in bilbos handwriting and a tengwar note wishing her happy birthday. It just stinks I have to wait 2 months to tell her bout the great group of folks here.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email