Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Post We Finally Met!
on: March 25, 2016 01:23
So, I joined CoE about four years ago. Crazy. And in my first month of being here, I met the lovely Mareth, who introduced me to her siblings also on this site. Mareth and I began to email back and forth, and we eventually sent handwritten letters back and forth. I eventually began to exchange letters with her two sisters, as well.

We also all talked frequently over email, on the phone, and on Skype. And we always talked about visiting each other, jokingly. However, two weeks ago, that visit became a reality.

Mareth and four of her siblings, including Eruwestiel_Evensong and Leoflic_Nightleaf, drove up from Mississippi to New York two days ago, staying at the home of Rodwen. We "met" for the first time today. I saw Eruwestiel first, and we practically tackled each other hugging. We're all planning on spending some more time together before they have to depart in two days.

I just wanted to share this with you all, because while CoE may seem like "just a website," it really has started some amazing things. I think that we've all found some genuine friends here, and we each share a bit of ourselves each time we log on here.

So, thank you to the CoE for bringing us all together and starting some amazing friendships! I hope that I can one day meet more of you in person!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
It is great to see that you and Mareth and her four siblings finally got to meet each other.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
That's a lovely story, Mareth. Here's to many more joyful meetings like yours between our members Image
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, Maxie, I have been looking at the pictures of your visit and it seems your smiles are almost too big for your faces!

CoE is so much more than a website. Friendships are made and lifelong memories are forged, even if you do not meet.

I am happy for all of you.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie, I couldn't have put it better myself.

The journey to New York was long and arduous, but it was completely worth every stiff muscle to at last be able to hug my friends and hear their voices. Saying goodbye after such a short visit was one of the hardest things I've ever done. But I would rather have to say goodbye than never have the joy of saying hello.

We owe so much to the Council. I have met so many of my closest friends here and there's no way I could ever hope to repay it. CoE will always be my other home.

I can't wait to do it all again!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email