Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
OMG! Nothing like giving me fits! I don't like heights, but I could do it if my survival depended on it.

Dare: Go paragliding off the top of El Capitain in Yellowstone National Park.

"There was not ever any dragon, not even Ancalagon the Black, who could have harmed the One Ring, the Ruling Ring, for that was made by Sauron himself."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Of course! I've always wanted to go paragliding and ziplining. I plan to zipline over Niagara Falls in the future.

That being said, Dare: Go ziplining over Niagara Falls.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Are you out of your mind girl? Not me. No way. No how.

Dare: You will climb the Matterhorn solo.

"There was not ever any dragon, not even Ancalagon the Black, who could have harmed the One Ring, the Ruling Ring, for that was made by Sauron himself."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
In theory, yes, in practice, no. My upper body needs a lot more strength than it has in order to climb.

Truth: What food can you not live without?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Broccoli, peas and chocolate. All as separate things obviously!

Truth: You have a guilty pleasure song.

"When you get as old as we elves do, a change is always nice, now and again."
"But 'third time pays for all' as my father used to say..."
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
No, I don't think so. I have a guilty pleasure genre of music I like, but that isn't the statement.

Truth: You ave a favourite cuisine.

ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I do, and without doubt it's Chinese food, followed by Japanese and Italian food. To be honest, I just like food.

Truth: You don't like the appointed leader of your country.
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Actually, I don't mind Justin Trudeau. I don't think he's done too bad overall. And, we actually elect our leaders, we don't appoint them. LOL

Truth: You would like to have a nice, long holiday somewhere exotic.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Maybe not exotic, but yes, I really deserve would like to go on a vacation in general.

Dare: You will walk on a quarter mile trail of Lego's barefoot.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I'm assuming that they're laying flat ....

Yes. I will take your dare. They're likely lumpy but I'm used to going barefoot all summer, and walking on all manner of terrain whilst being so.

Dare: You will swim across the Nile (with crocodile spotters in attendance, of course).

"It was now Frodo's turn to feel pleased with himself. He capered about on the table..."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Dare: Go without any electronic devices for two weeks
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
I probably could - it would be just like camping, but with furniture and without a torch (battery-operated, that is).

Truth: Are you scared of any small animals?

"Fool of a Took!"
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
No...I'm not even scared of animals....

Truth: Have you ever wanted a twin?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I have never wanted a twin, but I have always wanted an older brother.

Truth: What is one thing that you'd like to change about yourself?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Hmm ... so many things to choose from. I have to confess that patience definitely isn't one of my strong suits and I wish I had more of it. Other than that I wish I were taller. LOL

Truth: You have a steady boyfriend.

"It was now Frodo's turn to feel pleased with himself. He capered about on the table..."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I do not!

Dare: You will swim the English channel.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Nope. Noway. Nohow.

Dare: You will climb the famous Sydney, Australia bridge.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Right now, no. After some more rigorous upper body training, yes.

Dare: You will swim in a hot spring.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I could. Or I could read a book indoors

Truth: Sometimes you imagine you're a spy.

"Oh come on, we can take 'em."
Image Image
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Nope. Can't say I do. A pirate maybe, but not a spy.

Truth: Sometimes you listen to 'guilty pleasure' music.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
For me, no music is really "guilty pleasure," it's just music. But as far as music that people would probably laugh at me for listening to, lately, the soundtrack for Disney's Moana has fit that description.

Truth: What is your weirdest habit?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Well, I have OCD (fairly mild, fortunately) but I tend to use odd numbers of things, such as 3 tsps of sugar in my coffee, or 1 piece of fish when two are offered. I find it amusing actually.

Truth: You have a personal bugaboo about a pretty insignificant thing to other people.

limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
I had to look up the word "bugaboo" in the dictionary - apparently, it's a North American word meaning "An object of fear or alarm; a bogey". I suppose mine would be walking through carparks - I tend to be quite twitchy and I'll be constantly looking for cars which are moving or have their lights on.

Dare: Catch a fish and prepare a meal with it straight away.

"Fool of a Took!"
"Who now shall refill the cup for me?"
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
We have to have a fishing licence here in the UK, so I can't.

Dare: Eat something completely weird.

Image Image
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Define weird. I'm not one for really odd foods.

Dare: Bicycle across the US.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Sure, as long as I had time to prepare and train for it.

Truth: Are you a good cook?
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
It depends on what I'm making. If it is Italian or Chinese-based, yes.

Truth: You enjoy sitting around to do nothing... sometimes.

Image Image
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Nope. I always have to be doing something.

Truth: Did you have a childhood nickname?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Nope.

Truth: You would like to travel extensively at some point.

"All hail the mighty food that is Lembas bread!"
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I would. There are so many things in the world that I'd like to see.

Truth: How would you spend a week off?

"Fool of a Took!"
"Who now shall refill the cup for me?"
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Well, I'm retired so I don't have 'weeks off' any longer, but when I was still working I would usually work in the garden, and do some local sightseeing.

Truth: You're looking forward to this coming spring.

"All hail the mighty food that is Lembas bread!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am, somewhat. It always gets muddy and gross around here because of the melting snow.

Dare: Go cliff jumping into the ocean, a lake, etc.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*whines* Why, oh why, do people keep involving me in activities, or challenges, involving heights?

No. I would never 'voluntarily' jump off a cliff into a body of water.

Dare: Spend a full winter in Antarctica in a quonset hut by yourself (no Internet, no TV other than the ability to play movies, and no music other than CDs ... but with whatever, and how many books you want).

[Edited on 01/22/2017 by Evil~Shieldmaiden]
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
I'm quite hesitant about this one. Antarctic winters are so cold that I would be spending the vast majority, if not all of my time inside the quonset hut. Books, movies and CDs are all very well, but three months in a small space (especially considering the space in which I would be storing the necessities for survival) with no human contact would make me worry slightly about my sanity. Not to mention the appreciable likelihood of freezing to death.

Dare: Perform a dance of your choice in shoes with the highest heels you can manage.

"It's the Dwarves that go swimming with little, hairy women."
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Good grief! I could have done it many years ago but now ..... Oh what the heck! I will give it a go and if I break an ankle, or just fall off the shoes so be it.

Truth: You have a secret passion for something you're loathe to reveal to others.

"Help wanted: very experienced tracker to search for, find and retrieve a bewildered Dwarf wandering my sinuses long after their clearance, with all his tools."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email