Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
Post Life Changes
on: June 11, 2016 02:05
Hey guys, blast from the past I know, I've been kinda gone for a while...a couple years actually. Good to see this place is still running. Anyways, my life has become drastically different from what it was two years ago, and I was curious, what types of changes has happened to you all? Feel free to share if you wish, cause sharing is caring ya know It could be anything, from starting a new job you really enjoy (or hate), to having run your first marathon.

Btw, hey to all my dear friends who may still be active here, I've seen a few I recognize..

[Edited on 06/11/2016 by LegolasXXXXX]
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, it has been a long time. Let's see. I got married and love being a wife. Got my waist long hair cut to my shoulders. Been trying to eat healthy. So you didn't say what you have been doing.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Hey, Legolas! I'm vaguely surprised to see that you still exist.

I finally finished reading the LotR trilogy, I traveled to four new states, I met six online friends in person for the first time (I met all of them here on CoE originally), and...those are the only exciting things I can think of at the moment.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
Lol I joined the Army and did college and stuff

Ofc I still exist Mareth! I just kinda went off the CoE grid, so to speak. How's the family?

[Edited on 07/02/2016 by LegolasXXXXX]
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
I am close to retiring, sold my house I had owned since 1977 and now will be moving to the mountains of Colorado next year after I retire. Staying with friends until then. Congrats on the life changes folks!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Congratulations on your accomplishments, Legolas! Yeah, I kinda went off CoE for awhile, too. My family is doing well, thanks. My oldest sister graduated from college, my oldest brother is becoming more and more involved in the film industry (in fact, a movie that he worked on this summer is hopefully coming out in the fall - it's called Kudzu Zombies. Fascinating, I know...) and the same brother is getting ready to move this month. The next two siblings down (remember Leoflic and Eruwestiel?) are both attending community college. Everyone else (me on down) is still in school. It's been crazy this year, but good.

Congratulations on your almost retirement, Belle! I hope the transition goes smoothly for you!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
BelleBayard
Send Message
Thanks, Mareth. We are all growing up or older. That's just life. Seems not that long ago to me that LoTR came out on the big screen and Rivka started this site. Nostalgia abounds. I'm trying to work into retirement a bit at a time. We'll see how it goes once I'm actually fully there. Heh... Wishing you all the best.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
It's so good to see everyone again! Congratulations on all the life changes and accomplishments, folks!

As Mareth mentioned, I have been attending college this year. After finishing the spring semester I decided to take summer classes, two of which I already finished and two more that I will finish soon. Then I'll jump right back in to the fall semester on August 15th.
Other changes this year include setting up a bank account, getting my driver's license (finally), experiencing all kinds of new relationships, traveling, and meeting CoE friends. It has been a crazy and hard year in a lot of ways, but also good.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
It's kinda crazy to think about how many things can change in what is honestly a short amount of time. Good to hear from you all, congratulations on almost retiring Belle! I'm sure you are looking forward to it.

I'm currently stationed at Fort Polk, Louisiana, for a simulated deployment training, and it is really hot and humid here. Very uncomfortable. Can't wait to get back to NY haha
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
That is very true, things can change so quickly. This time last year I had no idea what to do with myself and now I'm in the midst of getting an education.

Legolas, you're basically next door to me and you're in the same state as Mareth and Leoflic, who are working at a summer camp in Ringold. You're right about the heat and humidity, it's just dreadful. Good luck with the rest of your training!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
Yea, and the heat gets worse when you add a weapon, ammo, body armor, a full rucksack, and other random things. Planning on getting out of here asap tho lol, by the 1st of August hopefully. I've changed from two years ago however, because back then I wouldn't have been able to do this

[Edited on 07/11/2016 by LegolasXXXXX]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone! I've missed you all!

Hm, I have met friends from the CoE in Real Life for the first time. I bought a car, a 2008 Pontiac G6. I will be starting college at a small Catholic school in late August. Obviously, I have graduated High School, which I did on June 21st of this year. I travelled to one new state this passed year, Massachusetts, where I visited the cities of Billerica, Lexington, Concord, Salem, and Boston. I think I will be interning there in two years or so and living there after I complete my schooling!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
!

[Edited on 07/30/2016 by findemaxam48]
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Hithfaerwen
Council Member
Send Message
In the past year, I got married (actually, we will celebrate our first wedding anniversary tonight), we are expecting our first child, and we're preparing to move to another country.
Those we love do not go away, they walk beside us every day...Unseen, unheard, but always near, still loved, still missed and very dear. ~ For my unforgettable dear friend Buksi, and the angelic Lindarielwen
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Congratulations Hithfaerwen!!!!!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Hithfaerwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you Cenor! Image

[Edited on 09/13/2016 by Hithfaerwen]
Those we love do not go away, they walk beside us every day...Unseen, unheard, but always near, still loved, still missed and very dear. ~ For my unforgettable dear friend Buksi, and the angelic Lindarielwen
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
I think it's been more than two years since I've been here. I've had four heart attacks and several other health issues but it is fun seeing that this place is still going.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I'm very sorry to hear about your health issues, Celebrian. I hope you've made a recovery.

I'm down to my last two days of work before my early retirement on 01 May 2017
BelleBayard
Send Message
Oh dear, Celebrian... I'm so sorry to hear of all you've been through. Happy to see you, but sad that your health has had a bad time. Many hugs to you. I've now retired, as has my husband, and moved to the mountains of Colorado. Take care and wishing you the best.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
Celebrian - oh dear, those most be huge health challenges to adjust to. Wishing you strength and healing. Hope you will be able to visit again and enjoy some company from the old gang.

My family will be undergoing changes soon as well. My husband will retire in early June, then we will put the house up for sale and move to Southern Ontario. He has had enough of the Siberian winters here and his elderly mother needs help to stay in her home. So we will be leaving our children, friends and faith community behind to start a new life in a different climate. " I'm going on an adventure!"

[Edited on 04/28/2017 by Neenime]

[Edited on 04/28/2017 by Neenime]
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
And so, my last day at work has also passed.

[Edited on 08/06/2017 by Gandolorin]
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Have you got anything planned for your retirement?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
tarcolan said:Have you got anything planned for your retirement?

Having been in business administration practically my entire "productive" life, I have learned a truth attributed to Albert Einstein (Mark Twain may have had similar insights): "Whoever plans (excessively) simply replaces coincidence with error." For the bad part, there is a short English equivalent: sh*t happens.
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
When I posted in April I was in a hospital and using a therapist's notebook to access the site. He was talking constantly about LotR and I thought he might be interested. I have a laptop of my own now and will be able to get online more (I hope). Things have been hectic in my family. For several years I've lived with my daughter's family. In March my son-in-law passed away in his sleep, in the night after his birthday, in fact. It has been rough on my daughter and her children, but friends, family and the community at large have been very supportive for her. I've also been blessed with twin granddaughters who will turn one year old in September. The two older kids are back in school and I'm doing what I can to help.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Ouch – that sounds like an untimely death (and not by traffic accident, also usually a lightning bolt out of a blue sky). Can make one realize that reaching, say, the age of 61 (as I have) is something we have a lot less control over than we like to delude ourselves.
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
Very true, Gandolorin. He had just turned 53. It was a shock we're all still working on getting over. And I like your quote about planning.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Hello everybody, I'm happy to read all of the life changes you all experienced. But, I am very sorry, Celebrian, of your health issues and your son in law. I hope life will treat you and your family a little better.

I've been active this year after being MIA for probably 4 or 5 years. College life consumed my time, then I met my husband during that time and I regrettably left CoE behind. We moved into an apartment and lived there for 2 years and now we bought a house. About 10 months ago I had a baby boy and was working from home full time. Now, I go to the office 3 days out of the week. I am currently taking a career program for Project Management and prep for the CAPM certification. I'm hoping I can move up in the company I work for now and gain experience.

The last time I was active, there were a few members in the Realm of Ulmo but now it is deserted. I was wondering has anybody heard from LadyCeleborn? She was like our Realm Leader and she was really nice and sweet.
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks for the kind words, y'all. sairina_star, you're son is close in age to my twin granddaughters, They were born last September.

Belle I know it can take some getting used to when you pick up and move like that. I hope you're enjoying your mountains now. In mu foolish youth I wanted to go to Colorado to ski. I managed to blow out a knee in Pennsylvania, so it's probably for the best I could never afford the trip!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email