Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
DarkLord153
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Fellowship's size.
on: February 09, 2017 05:50
Since this site itself is called the Council of Elrond,i'm going to talk about it. My question is,why didn't Elrond have the Fellowship have the most elite warriors to complete the hard task? Or at least make it bigger? It is strange because a lot of things wouldn't have happened if the Fellowship was bigger.I'll be looking forward to your responses and opinions about this.
That Still Only Counts As One!
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Similar to The Hobbit, warriors (or armies) were not what the quest was to depend on. Stealth, not getting noticed is what the quest of the One Ring was all about. Stealth, when it comes down to it, is what Hobbits are all about (Pippin, the immature one, occasionally messing things up, at least at first sight). Legolas of Mirkwood was certainly in that class of stealth, as was Aragorn as a northern Ranger. Gandalf was a disguised Maia. That leaves Boromir and Gimli as the most unstealthy of The Fellowship. But without a doubt, still capable of stealthiness that we Seventh Age (or so) wimps would not be remotely capable of. Gandalf took out the Balrog (and returned). Boromir occupied the attacking Orcs enough to keep them distracted from Frodo and Sam, their heading off in the direction of Mordor. Keeping Sauron distracted in one way or another (successfully) is what led to victory.
DarkLord153
Council Member
Send Message
Ι see.Stealth is guess i what led to Victory.Hmm,I didn't about that.Thanks for answering!
That Still Only Counts As One!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email